Author Topic: Sherrod Blakely- C's to put a package deal for Aldridge and Matthews  (Read 51279 times)

Re: Sherrod Blakely- C's to put a package deal for Aldridge and Matthews
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
You think at 6'5" he's big enough to guard the Lebrons and KDs of the world?
You don't play those guys every night. He could start at the 3 then move to the 2 after the first sub.

I personally would start all 3 of them but only play the 3 of them together for about 10-20 minutes a game. I think it could work.

Evan Turner and Wes Matthews are pretty much the same size and Turner played mostly 3 for us.

Turner has 2 inches on Matthews at 6'7"
Espn has Turner at 6'7 and Matthews at 6'6 but weighing the same.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4032/wesley-matthews

6'5"

« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hypothetically, what do we do with Bradley if we sign Matthews, too? Trade him to Utah for 12 and Hood and get Turner? How far would a lineup of Smart, Matthews, E Turner, Aldridge, and M Turner get us? Better yet, what if we combined 12 and 16 to jump up far enough for WCS? How far would a lineup of Smart, Matthews, E Turner, Aldridge, and WCS get us?

I know there are a lot of AB fans around here, but that 2nd deal would bring our team to a new level. Acquiring Aldridge, Matthews, Hood, and WCS all at the expense of AB and #16. Danny is a value-oriented guy and it's hard not dream about that team.

On a related note, I would still try and 'dump' Wallace's contract so we could have room for Crowder and another mid-level guy. We would still benefit from Evan Turner's playmaking ability, but Crowder is the kind of guy every team needs playing 20+ minutes / night.

« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2015, 03:40:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hypothetically, what do we do with Bradley if we sign Matthews, too? Trade him to Utah for 12 and Hood and get Turner? How far would a lineup of Smart, Matthews, E Turner, Aldridge, and M Turner get us? Better yet, what if we combined 12 and 16 to jump up far enough for WCS? How far would a lineup of Smart, Matthews, E Turner, Aldridge, and WCS get us?

I know there are a lot of AB fans around here, but that 2nd deal would bring our team to a new level. Acquiring Aldridge, Matthews, Hood, and WCS all at the expense of AB and #16. Danny is a value-oriented guy and it's hard not dream about that team.

On a related note, I would still try and 'dump' Wallace's contract so we could have room for Crowder and another mid-level guy. We would still benefit from Evan Turner's playmaking ability, but Crowder is the kind of guy every team needs playing 20+ minutes / night.
not sure we'd have to dump Wallace to resign our own RFA.  also, Wallace makes enough $ on an expiring deal this coming year to be a nice salary-filler on a trade to bring in another good player (if necessary)

« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wesley is 6'4" without shoes. 6'8" wingspan.

« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2015, 03:55:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If aldrige is brought in ,im guessing sully and 16 are traded  to move up for a player like wcs. Then Mickey at 28

Aldridge
Wcs
Turner
Matthews
Smart

Zeller/mickey
KO/mickey
Crowder
Ab/Young
IT

This is a cavs "killer" lineup

« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If aldrige is brought in ,im guessing sully and 16 are traded  to move up for a player like wcs. Then Mickey at 28

Aldridge
Wcs
Turner
Matthews
Smart

Zeller/mickey
KO/mickey
Crowder
Ab/Young
IT

If the C's start Turner next year I won't be happy. I'd much rather have Crowder start.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Aldridge
Wcs
Turner
Matthews
Smart

Zeller/mickey
KO/mickey
Crowder
Ab/Young
IT

If the C's start Turner next year I won't be happy. I'd much rather have Crowder start.

If I recall in the brief time Crowder started for us he didn't play all that well.  His play didn't improve until he was moved to a bench role.  With Turner's ball handling it allows Smart to ease into PG duties. 

« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

Aldridge
Wcs
Turner
Matthews
Smart

Zeller/mickey
KO/mickey
Crowder
Ab/Young
IT

If I recall in the brief time Crowder started for us he didn't play all that well.  His play didn't improve until he was moved to a bench role.  With Turner's ball handling it allows Smart to ease into PG duties.

Yeah if I remember correctly, he had a really good debut in the starting lineup, but then really started to struggle as games went on.  And if we're working off what we know from this past season, Evan Turner is useless on the court unless he has the ball in his hands.  As long as he's here, Marcus Smart will continue to play more of an off-guard role while Turner will plays the point-forward role.  I'd be very surprised if he was re-uped or given a long term deal by the Cs.  Unless there's a midseason trade he just can't turn down, I think Ainge will just ride him out for one more year and THEN in 2016, you'll see Smart take over full-time point guard duties. 

« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I have an interesting question.  I think Aldridge is a better player than Love right now, but would you rather sign a 5 year deal for Aldridge from age 30 to 34, or Love age 27 through 31?  I can't decide.

U take the banger all day long..

« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Aldridge
Wcs
Turner
Matthews
Smart

Zeller/mickey
KO/mickey
Crowder
Ab/Young
IT

Yeah if I remember correctly, he had a really good debut in the starting lineup, but then really started to struggle as games went on.  And if we're working off what we know from this past season, Evan Turner is useless on the court unless he has the ball in his hands.  As long as he's here, Marcus Smart will continue to play more of an off-guard role while Turner will plays the point-forward role.  I'd be very surprised if he was re-uped or given a long term deal by the Cs.  Unless there's a midseason trade he just can't turn down, I think Ainge will just ride him out for one more year and THEN in 2016, you'll see Smart take over full-time point guard duties.

Crowder was also brought in mid-season, when they hardly had time for practices, given the schedule. It's easy to forget that Crowder is two years younger than ET, and IMO he started (and IT finished) the C's turnaround this year. I'm definitely open to seeing him grow into a Carroll-type starter, but I also think the C's will draft a sharp-shooter SF to compete for time with him.

And that's still hoping, of course, that the C's can afford to resign Crowder.

« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Crowder was also brought in mid-season, when they hardly had time for practices, given the schedule. It's easy to forget that Crowder is two years younger than ET, and IMO he started (and IT finished) the C's turnaround this year

I think Crowder is a glue guy which is important but some here act like he is a borderline all star which he is not.

« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
LA  and IT  would be pretty cool paired together .

Would Danny trade Smart to grab ......WCS ?   ???

« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:01 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
LA  and IT  would be pretty cool paired together .

Would Danny trade Smart to grab ......WCS ?   ???

Would you need to?  Can LA play the five?  Even if he can't, is enough of a defender to allow KO to play the five.  Maybe Danny could get the SF that is also needed.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."