Author Topic: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Central Division  (Read 60727 times)

Re: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Central Division
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Exactly, so you take into the account regression of Jason Williams from a year of not playing and a year of getting older, then take into account reduced minutes.  I think Farmar would be far more effective for your team in those minutes. 

Guess I'm just not a fan of Farmar. He can't beat out old man  Fisher for starting pg or even Brown really for the back-up. J-will is rested, said to be 10 pounds lighter than his Memphis days even, and I believe a better fit for the Bulls system. But this isn't really something to argue about. Not a big deal.

« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
OK thats fine dude, but I mean it just seems odd that you put up comparisons including saying your team is piece by piece better than the best team of all time, but dont want to discuss your views when people comment on it.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
OK thats fine dude, but I mean it just seems odd that you put up comparisons including saying your team is piece by piece better than the best team of all time, but dont want to discuss your views when people comment on it.

Just trying to avoid a public debate with you, since Roy gave us that warning. Makes sense to me. And I didn't compare The New Bulls Dynasty to "the best team of all time." The Chicago Tribune-Times did. :)

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Debating is fine man, its just when things get disrespectful that there is a problem.  Which is why when you made outlandish claims I called you on it.  And can you please defend your claim that Pau is better than Rodman?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
Debating is fine man, its just when things get disrespectful that there is a problem.  Which is why when you made outlandish claims I called you on it.  And can you please defend your claim that Pau is better than Rodman?

Outlandish claims? What are you talking about? When I hear that term the only thing that pops into my head was you saying that Jason Richardson should be compared to Pau Gasol. I'm choosing not to get into petty debates with you. Last two times you've started stuff they ended in me losing my right to make moves for a day and a half and then a warning from Roy. As I've said since, people are tired of the nonsense. Pau Gasol is greater than '96 Rodman. He's infinite times better on offense, won't get suspended, and could and has legitimately led teams into the playoffs by himself. Rodman was a great complimentary player on the Pistons teams who played amazing defense then. On the Bulls (I was living in Chicago at that time) Rodman purposely avoided any type of offense and cheated a lot on his defense to get rebounds, which made him famous. He was still tough on defense, but wasn't as good as his Pistons days. To his credit, he would still man up and irritate the bleep out of Shaq and the Mailman when he had to cover them. He was a great 3rd or 4th guy with Kukoc. He wasn't Gasol. Bulls never had a big as good as Gasol during the first dynasty... or since.

Hope that was an acceptable answer and we can move on...again.

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Thats fine, However I would much rather have Rodman on my team than Gasol. 

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

Rodman and Artest together would be must see tv. It would be like Britney and Lindsey Lohan on Spring break. ;)

p.s. This was not intended to be a dig on Artest. I actually wanted the C's to get him as their 6th man and was even willing to move Ray to the bench to get it done.

« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Rodman and Artest together would be must see tv. It would be like Britney and Lindsey Lohan on Spring break. ;)

p.s. This was not intended to be a dig on Artest. I actually wanted the C's to get him as their 6th man and was even willing to move Ray to the bench to get it done.

Im not saying my team in specific.  Im saying both players in their primes I would rather have Rodman.  There will be a bunch of Pau Gasols, Dennis Rodmans only come along once in a very long while.