Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 62122 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ben Rohrbach
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 32 minutes ago
Tacko Fall will enter camp on his Exhibition 10 contract with hopes of landing either a two-way or guaranteed deal in Boston. If not, he must clear waivers before joining the Red Claws, which seems unlikely given interest elsewhere around the league after his summer league stint.

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 1 hour ago
For anyone who needs clarification: The Celtics aren’t really any closer to or further from having Tacko Fall on their Opening Night roster now than they were before.

Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 1 hour ago
Celtics announced four signings but flexibility remains with Tacko on Exhibit 10 and Green on partial guarantee. Camp should be fun with players trying to state their case for a spot.

It’s just a training camp contract. He’s not on the roster.
I had seen Himmelsbach and Forsberg's tweets. So even more coming out saying he is still on the E-10.

So nothing has changed.

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Ben Rohrbach
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 32 minutes ago
Tacko Fall will enter camp on his Exhibition 10 contract with hopes of landing either a two-way or guaranteed deal in Boston. If not, he must clear waivers before joining the Red Claws, which seems unlikely given interest elsewhere around the league after his summer league stint.

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 1 hour ago
For anyone who needs clarification: The Celtics aren’t really any closer to or further from having Tacko Fall on their Opening Night roster now than they were before.

Chris Forsberg
about 1 hour ago
Celtics announced four signings but flexibility remains with Tacko on Exhibit 10 and Green on partial guarantee. Camp should be fun with players trying to state their case for a spot.

I had seen Himmelsbach and Forsberg's tweets. So even more coming out saying he is still on the E-10.

So nothing has changed.
He's trying to turn down the Tacko noise by making this announcement.

« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2019, 12:46:56 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Ainge seems enthusiastic about all these bigs, but Stevens talks like he wants them to play some on the perimeter. Kanter, for example. That would take away from his main game, which is offensive rebounding and inside scoring. 

I wish the media would confront Ainge and Stevens about this--is there a conflict in their thinking?
^this. I'm worried about how Brad will play our big men, it seems like he wants them all to shoot threes and hang outside the perimeter.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:06 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ben Rohrbach
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 32 minutes ago

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 1 hour ago

Chris Forsberg
about 1 hour ago

So nothing has changed.
He's trying to turn down the Tacko noise by making this announcement.

Tacko noise needs to be like K-Pop coming out of a Metallica-concert-sized line of speakers at the DMZ. I want no other sounds in my life except the madringing of Tacko, Tacko, Tacko.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I don't know if this affects the G-League players and their player rights.

« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2019, 06:52:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ainge seems enthusiastic about all these bigs, but Stevens talks like he wants them to play some on the perimeter. Kanter, for example. That would take away from his main game, which is offensive rebounding and inside scoring. 

I wish the media would confront Ainge and Stevens about this--is there a conflict in their thinking?
^this. I'm worried about how Brad will play our big men, it seems like he wants them all to shoot threes and hang outside the perimeter.

me too....he has shown an inflexibility to coach in different ways and with hard personalities like Kyrie .   This might be his NBA undoing.

« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2019, 07:58:33 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

It does not.

« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

It does not.

Need to change the name to be Celticsy. Lol

Celtics Gold or something. I couldn't think of anything much...  :( ;D
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2019, 07:44:49 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Im not worries. If Kanter becomes an adequate shooter, its even more valuable than offensive boards. And it wont affect his abilities on the defensive boards.

« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2019, 10:30:59 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

me too....he has shown an inflexibility to coach in different ways and with hard personalities like Kyrie .   This might be his NBA undoing.

Brad's honeymoon is over, trust me. He will be under the microscope next season.

« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown

Brad's honeymoon is over, trust me. He will be under the microscope next season.
I don't think that's true. He didn't do a great job this past season, but he has been good most of his career. One season doesn't wipe that out. Sure he needs to be better this season, but I think Danny really believes in Brad and I would not say that he is in any way in danger of losing his job, even if the team under performs again. He might be under increased scrutiny from fans and media, but that's just background noise.

« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I don't think that's true. He didn't do a great job this past season, but he has been good most of his career. One season doesn't wipe that out. Sure he needs to be better this season, but I think Danny really believes in Brad and I would not say that he is in any way in danger of losing his job, even if the team under performs again. He might be under increased scrutiny from fans and media, but that's just background noise.

You do not think the fans matter to Danny? If the fans do not matter perhaps it is time for Danny to go too. The last championship was 2008. This is the Boston Celtics we are talking about, not the Atlanta Hawks who are just satisfied to be in the NBA. Brad Stevens is going into year 7 if I am not mistaken. Time to start producing, or dump that no inside game style he coaches.

« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

You do not think the fans matter to Danny? If the fans do not matter perhaps it is time for Danny to go too. The last championship was 2008. This is the Boston Celtics we are talking about, not the Atlanta Hawks who are just satisfied to be in the NBA. Brad Stevens is going into year 7 if I am not mistaken. Time to start producing, or dump that no inside game style he coaches.
well, we are getting far afield from the thread theme. but to add to the above, you imply and seem to assume that an "inside" game will produce the championships that have been missing for the past 11 years.

yet, for how many of those years did the celtics have stevens as coach, with his "outside game"? further, since 2014 when tim duncan was on the championship spurs team, how many teams have been marked by a strong, defining "inside game"?

this is not our father's nba and stevens understands that winning now means playing a different style of basketball. the problem seems less stevens strategy than the lack of talent that will play team ball.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

well, we are getting far afield from the thread theme. but to add to the above, you imply and seem to assume that an "inside" game will produce the championships that have been missing for the past 11 years.

yet, for how many of those years did the celtics have stevens as coach, with his "outside game"? further, since 2014 when tim duncan was on the championship spurs team, how many teams have been marked by a strong, defining "inside game"?

this is not our father's nba and stevens understands that winning now means playing a different style of basketball. the problem seems less stevens strategy than the lack of talent that will play team ball.

Celtics need an inside game, I do not believe Tacko Fall is the short term answer.

To your point about recent Championship winners. Unless I am wrong the last 3 teams to win NBA are Warriors, Cavs, and Toronto. All three had rim protection and rim runners, do not kid yourself. NBA is still a big man's game.

You need a good inside game to at least handle those times when the threes are not falling. You need an inside game to grab those rebounds to get you extra possessions, and those morale breaking put back baskets that ruin 22-23 seconds of excellent perimeter defense.

Brad's love of small ball is not the answer. Tacko Fall is not the answer. You need serviceable bigs, playing big and not camped on the three point line jacking up threes

« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2019, 01:01:45 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown

I think fans matter to Danny and all the Celtics brass. I also think, however, that he will not be moved by popular opinion with respect to his coach. He knows the best way to make the fans happy is to put a winning team on the floor. If he thinks Brad is the right coach for the team he will support him regardless of what the fans think. And that's the right way to do it, he should not be swayed by the moods of the fans and should only focus on what is right for the team.