Author Topic: FlashForward (TV)  (Read 2814 times)

FlashForward (TV)
« on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

New show on ABC, it's airing on Thursday nights @ 8pm. The crop of new drama shows this fall has been quite bad in my opinion, but of all the new drama shows this is the one that shows most promise. Watched the episode last night, and I thought it was a good one.

Anyone else watched it?

Here's a promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVeYwHJJq8&feature=related

Here's the first episode:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/97929/flashforward-no-more-good-days#s-p1-so-i0

What if you saw your future 6 months from now? A glimpse of where you will be and who you will be with. Would you look forward to what was coming...or would you try to stop it?

A mysterious global event causes everyone to black out simultaneously for two minutes and seventeen seconds, and each person sees a glimpse of their lives six months from now. When they wake up, everyone is left wondering if what they saw will actually happen.

Los Angeles FBI Agent Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes) is desperate to uncover why this happened and who or what is behind it. And he's not the only one. Before long, everyone starts asking, "What did you see?" As Mark and his team struggle to figure out what caused this bizarre event, they begin to piece together the future by creating a huge database of people's flash forwards from all over the world - The Mosaic Collective. No one knows what these flash forwards mean or exactly what the future really holds. But it is clear that across the globe people who've never met will somehow be intimately connected and will have an impact on each other's lives in the next six months. Some will fear what's coming, others excited; but not a single person will be unaffected.

Adapting award-winning author Robert J. Sawyer's revolutionary novel, executive producers David S. Goyer (co-writer of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight), Brannon Braga (24, Star Trek: Enterprise), Marc Guggenheim (Brothers & Sisters, Eli Stone), Jessika Borszicky (Revelations) and producer Mark H. Ovitz (October Road) invite you to embark on a journey to answer the question, "if you knew what your future held, what would you do?"
http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward

Re: FlashForward (TV)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm DVR-ing the series. Pilot was written by David S. Goyer who wrote the two most recent Batman movies for Christopher Nolan. I liked the first episode. Really original premise. We'll see where it goes.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i liked it. i have high hopes it will replace LOST for me -the only other show i watch regularly, since this will be it's last season.
  similar to lost in the way it bounces around in time - and like LOST i kind of hope the writers have an idea of where they're going with it. A puzzle without a satisfying answer/conclusion just sucks. i.e. X Files

Re: Future Kobe Bryant injury
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I'm surprised no one mentioned that someone reported seeing in the future that Kobe Bryant was badly injured.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm interested in what caused the flashes.
Its a very interesting concept, and I'm definitely going to be watching this show in the future.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm surprised no one mentioned that someone reported seeing in the future that Kobe Bryant was badly injured.

Well, they mentioned some crap about the Red Soxs too, so I didn't want to recall that scene. But yeah, that was cool about the mention of Kobe Bryant.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've spent friday and saturday thinking about the potential ramifications of the flash forward thing. I'd say hesitantly that its the show I'm thinking the most about right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The premise that the blackouts happened globally takes the specialness out of it all.

I can't find myself caring at all what every freaking person in the world saw for their flash forward.

A show a while back called "Daybreak" was a lot more riveting than this premiere episode of Flash Forward.

Who knows, it might get better.

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline Cooze

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 27
The great thing about this show is that it's going to take us right into Lost in Feb. Anyone notice the oceanic billboard in flashforward?

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The premise that the blackouts happened globally takes the specialness out of it all.

I can't find myself caring at all what every freaking person in the world saw for their flash forward.

A show a while back called "Daybreak" was a lot more riveting than this premiere episode of Flash Forward.

Who knows, it might get better.
I loved Daybreak. It is a shame they didn't get a second season. At least they resolved the repeating day problem, though the underlying mechanism were revealed.

I really liked the Flashforward episode. The idea that they can try to "reconstruct" the future from people's visions is great. The big budget and caliber of the actors makes it seem that it will last long enough for the mechanism behind what happened to be fully unveiled.