Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles  (Read 2501 times)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
« on: February 13, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Well, season 2 finally resumes tonight at 8pm EST on Fox. This is a new night for the show, so hopefully the ratings will improve even though Friday has been usually the graveyard of shows. But tonight should be a good night for Sci-Fi fans, with a new show Dollhouse starting also, and then some Battlestar Galactica.

Any of you guys keeping up with this series? I kinda forgot where we left off. I thought the season started quite strong, but some storylines got boring through the season probably because Riley sucks. I read that the rest of the season will be more serialized, like it was in season 1.

The Terminator franchise arrives on TV with this serial drama. The series picks up two years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day with John and Sarah Connor (Thomas Dekker and Lena Headey) hiding from the government. After two years in one place Sarah decides they need a change of scenery and in doing so they expose themselves to FBI Agent James Ellison (Richard T. Jones) and Skynet's army of Terminators including Cameron Phillips (Summer Glau) a reprogrammed Terminator sent to protect John. She informs them that Judgment Day was not stopped and will take place in 2011. John convinces Sarah to stop hiding and fight so Cameron takes them to a time machine the resistance has set up to take them to the year Skynet was created 2007.
http://www.tv.com/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/show/68708/summary.html
http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ive watched a couple episodes, but i cant quite get into it. its a shame bc i really liked the films

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The season (series) finale was well done with enough answers to certain questions, but left some questions open-ended and non-fully answered.

This gives way for the possibility for a Season 3.

I really hope there will be more, but I am pretty satisfied with the current ending.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:57:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Watched the final two episodes, and they were great. Sadly, I don't think we'll see any more from the series since the rations were quite bad. I loved the ending though, it was satisfactory enough for a closure. Seeing some interviews around, what they would've done (or still could do) with season 3 looked very exiting, with many future scenes, in a future where John Connor never existed.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Watched the final two episodes, and they were great. Sadly, I don't think we'll see any more from the series since the rations were quite bad. I loved the ending though, it was satisfactory enough for a closure. Seeing some interviews around, what they would've done (or still could do) with season 3 looked very exiting, with many future scenes, in a future where John Connor never existed.
I will be bummed if it ends.  I really like the show.  I thought it was great that John goes to the future and because he left the past no one knows who he was.  Absolutely classic, of course that tends to lead credence to the fact that John never went home from the future, which is a bit odd.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Absolutely classic, of course that tends to lead credence to the fact that John never went home from the future, which is a bit odd.

What do you mean? The show is employing the multiple timelines theory, so wether or not John would've gone to the past or not, wouldn't show up in this particular storyline. You can equate it to the Jesse knowing a different Derek, a Derek from a different future, while Derek came to the past from a different future.

So it's still possible for John to return to the past... it simply won't be manifested in this timeline.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Absolutely classic, of course that tends to lead credence to the fact that John never went home from the future, which is a bit odd.

What do you mean? The show is employing the multiple timelines theory, so wether or not John would've gone to the past or not, wouldn't show up in this particular storyline. You can equate it to the Jesse knowing a different Derek, a Derek from a different future, while Derek came to the past from a different future.

So it's still possible for John to return to the past... it simply won't be manifested in this timeline.
I still think it is a plot hole.  If John went back to the present day, then those people would know who he was because he would have gone back. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 02:38:24 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I still think it is a plot hole.  If John went back to the present day, then those people would know who he was because he would have gone back. 

Again, John going back or not doesn't affect this specific timeline, that's the whole purpose of employing that theory. John can go through this future, go back home, and grow old into a DIFFERENT future... there's no problem with that.

Anyways, there's no plot hole here in this regard. Time traveling doesn't work in this series the same way it works with Back to the Future for instance.