Poll

Will Rozier be good?

Yes he will outperform and win us a series or 2
25 (69.4%)
No. He's limited and will just be serviceable
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Will Rozier break out like "Playoff Rondo" and save us (poll)  (Read 3278 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Last year the guy surprised us with nice playoff performance. Can be take it up one more notch?

Re: Will Rozier break out like "Playoff Rondo" and save us (poll)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 04:08:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Playoff Rondo was not only phenomenal, he was also consistent. If we get by the first round, it will be because Rozier played like he did prior to last night more often than how he played last night.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 04:35:44 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Honestly I think he is limited. Maybe a starter on a bad team .
I would say we have 50% chance to win the first round .
It will take some Stevens magic .

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No.  As mentioned, he's too inconsistent.  Another 'irrational confidence' guy that will win you some games and disappear in others.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Outperform what? Breakout like what?

If he averages anything like the 16, 5, and 4 from the previous 26 games, is that considered a breakout? Or are you asking if he will outperform his stellar numbers from the end of the season?

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I wouldn't count out that possibility. Rozier was playing bad last season in the regular season then managed to turn it on in the playoffs.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
His play will be huge factor in whether we win 1st round. To me that is the last remaining realistic goal for this season.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rozier is nothing like Rondo, aside from rebounding, perhaps, at times, and the situations are completely different, imo, but could Terry "break out"? Sure. It's certainly possible, but even if he can just maintains the level of play that he has exhibited over the last two months in the playoffs, who needs Kyrie moving forward, ahahahaha? ;D

I'm not going to lie - that would be pretty cool - and I can't believe that I'm about to say this, but I've almost gone Full Rozier, lol. ;) ;D You go, kid! :)

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Rozier is nothing like Rondo, aside from rebounding, perhaps, at times, and the situations are completely different, imo, but could Terry "break out"? Sure. It's certainly possible, but even if he can just maintains the level of play that he has exhibited over the last two months in the playoffs, who needs Kyrie moving forward, ahahahaha? ;D

I'm not going to lie - that would be pretty cool - and I can't believe that I'm about to say this, but I've almost gone Full Rozier, lol. ;) ;D You go, kid! :)

TP......agree....TRoz has already broken out.

Just keep playing like you’ve been playing, Scary Terry.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:40:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Rondo at that point in his career made the players around him much better and was scoring pretty well too.

Rozier is a nice player, who will improve, but hardly makes others better and is still inconsistent.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol, TP. I still can't believe that I've practically become a fan of his, but way to prove me wrong, Rozier! Woot, woot! Kris Dunn should get the MIP Award, this year, after the season that he's had, at least imo, and there are at least a few other suitable candidates for the honor, but I do hope that Rozier at least gets some votes or finishes in the Top 5 or whatever. He's been borderline outstanding for quite some time, now :)

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Lol, TP. I still can't believe that I've practically become a fan of his, but way to prove me wrong, Rozier! Woot, woot! Kris Dunn should get the MIP Award, this year, after the season that he's had, at least imo, and there are at least a few other suitable candidates for the honor, but I do hope that Rozier at least gets some votes or finishes in the Top 5 or whatever. He's been borderline outstanding for quite some time, now :)
Over Oladipo?

Not a chance
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think he will help us win a series - seems like the type of guy who wants to thrive in the moment, same with Morris.

However, peak Playoff Rondo (‘09-‘12) was a 16/10/7/2 monster who often played over 40 minutes. If TRoz can get to that lofty level then we could easily make ECF ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Over Oladipo?

Not a chance

Why not? Granted, Oladipo has had an excellent, and breakout, season, but Dunn went from averaging 3.8 ppg on .377 fg%, .288 3pt%, and .610 ft% to 13.4 ppg on .429 fg%, .321 3pt%, and .730 ft%, not to mention, well, averaging a hair under 6 apg and exactly 2 spg, while not even playing 30 mpg this year. The award is for, well, the most improved player, so how is anyone more qualified for that honor, this year, than Dunn?

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 12:58:53 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Over Oladipo?

Not a chance

Why not? Granted, Oladipo has had an excellent, and breakout, season, but Dunn went from averaging 3.8 ppg on .377 fg%, .288 3pt%, and .610 ft% to 13.4 ppg on .429 fg%, .321 3pt%, and .730 ft%, not to mention, well, averaging a hair under 6 apg and exactly 2 spg, while not even playing 30 mpg this year. The award is for, well, the most improved player, so how is anyone more qualified for that honor, this year, than Dunn?
It's not even close man.

Im sorry that you have a Dunn infatuation, but Oladipo is running away with that award.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.