Author Topic: Whoa. THIS Is The Kind Of "Help" Kemba Had In Charlotte  (Read 4993 times)

Re: Whoa. THIS Is The Kind Of "Help" Kemba Had In Charlotte
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
MJ is heavily involved in the FO decisions for Charlotte. Has been since he became the controlling owner.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 09:11:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Just look at this list:

http://bkref.com/tiny/Kio7t

That's single player seasons for Charlotte since Kemba was drafted sorted by win score displaying per game stats.

Its an ugly list only Big Als one good season there really stands out as much of anything. Jeremy Lamb this year was one of his better tandems to play with, yikes.

Edit: LOL Tatum's rookie year would be top 7 in the list and his second year would be top 15.

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I don’t think anyone should be all that worried about Kemba here.

By all accounts, he’s here to win. He has never had a cast like this nor a coach/system like Stevens.

I believe we will see him flourish like IT more than flop like Kyrie. Not to turn this into a Kyrie thread, but he clearly never really bought in to the system and he was way more iso-heavy than I’m sure Stevens liked.

I see no reason to believe his efficiency will go up (like both Thomas and Irving did, en route to having career years under Brad). I think he took as many shots as he did in Charlotte due to the lack of scorers around him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 10:01:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
The stats in that chart aren't correct.  For example, Mo Williams played 27 games in the 14/15 season and averaged 17.2 ppg for Charlotte (he averaged 14 on the whole season, but played a lot more than 17 games).

They are also pretty misleading.  I mean Al Jefferson averaged 21.8 and then 16.6 before playing about half the season and a lot less minutes at just 12 ppg his 3rd and final year there.

The stats are correct and they aren’t misleading. If you don’t understand the chart presented, just ask (instead of throwing a wet blanket on another thread).

Kemba played with Mo Williams for 17 games. Just because Mo played 27 games for the Hornets that year, doesn’t mean he played them all with Kemba (who missed 20 games that season and 10 of which came after Williams joined the team).

If Big Al couldn’t get the playing time (whether injury or ineffectiveness, doesn’t matter), I don’t see why his name is worth more than his production. His numbers include all his time with Kemba. If he wasn’t out there much or simply not as good anymore, his numbers as Kemba’s teammate should reflect that.

Tp. Also obviously Marvin Williams was never a great player anywhere. Its not like he was averaging 25 for the hawks and then tanked when he played with Kemba.

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I guess it's pretty obvious why Kemba didn't sign with NYK then. He had probably just about had it with mediocre franchises. From afar, it is clear as day what Danny has been doing to keep this franchise fresh and competitive - CHA and NYK, not so much. Ironically enough, if NYK just kept Porzingis, maybe Kemba would have been more inclined to go there. Oh well for them and lucky us!

I think originally, LAL and NY were both going to go after Kemba as a legit Plan B if one or both teams didn't get someone like Kyrie or Klay. But then as we know, NY missed out on everyone, and LAL understandably turned their attention to Kawhi when it looked like they had a good chance to woo and nab him. Kemba signed here but I really think if LAL missed out on Kawhi and Kemba still happened to be available, they would have offered him the max immediately + a meeting.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 01:50:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Just look at this list:

That's single player seasons for Charlotte since Kemba was drafted sorted by win score displaying per game stats.

Its an ugly list only Big Als one good season there really stands out as much of anything. Jeremy Lamb this year was one of his better tandems to play with, yikes.

Edit: LOL Tatum's rookie year would be top 7 in the list and his second year would be top 15.

Whoa josh mcroberts number 8!

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 01:53:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Just look at this list:

Whoa josh mcroberts number 8!
He had a really good elite role player contract year for Charlotte, signed his deal with the Heat and immediately got hurt/declined.

I'm still shocked he was that high.