Author Topic: Magic rips Rob Pelinka, calls him a backstabber  (Read 4873 times)

Re: Magic rips Rob Pelinka, calls him a backstabber
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The trade LBJ stuff came from LA rumor mill with no sourcing, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yeah, I would be shocked if they traded one of the most marketable players in the league. It would probably be the right thing to do, though.

Anyway, this is all good news as far as I'm concerned.
He is also still one of the best players in the league as well.  He isn't going anywhere.

I predict Lebron has one more year at playing at this level. That is, a level where he can be in the MVP conversation.
Probably, but should still be an all star level performer for the rest of the contract.  Unless those type of players ask out or you can somehow acquire someone better (like upgrading DeRozan to Leonard) you just don't trade those type of players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I believe Magic.  I think its hard to believe LeBUM had nothing to do with it.  I think Jeannie Buss is a poor excuse for a boss.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
What a clownshow. Couldn't be happening to a better team  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Magic completely blamed Del Demps for leaking out trade proposals last Feb between Lakers and Pels.  Wonder how Pelican owner reacts to that accusation?  The perception was that a lot of the leaking was done by Davis' agent. What incentive would Demps have to leak trade proposals?

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 01:42:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At this point, if you are Jimmy Butler, Toby Harris, Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving, are you even considering signing with the Lakers given the utter chaos this team appears to be in?

LeBron is waning. He is no longer a guarantee to take a team to the Finals anymore.

Lonzo Ball has a father and drama.

Brandon Ingram has a severe health condition that has the potential to limt him or even end his career, in the extreme case.

New coach after the locker room rebelked against the last coach.

New GM/President that the last GM claims was backstabbing him and working against him.

A clueless owner.

If you sign in LAL, you are doing so knowing all the above but decided to sign in spite of all of the above. I think they probably end up with a player like Cousins or Vucevic than a real star.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
At this point, if you are Jimmy Butler, Toby Harris, Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving, are you even considering signing with the Lakers given the utter chaos this team appears to be in?

LeBron is waning. He is no longer a guarantee to take a team to the Finals anymore.

Brandon Ingram has a severe health condition that has the potential to limt him or even end his career, in the extreme case.

New GM/President that the last GM claims was backstabbing him and working against him.

A clueless owner.

If you sign in LAL, you are doing so knowing all the above but decided to sign in spite of all of the above. I think they probably end up with a player like Cousins or Vucevic than a real star.

I see Cousins actually going to the Mavs. Cousins must've felt disrespected by not even being tendered any kind of offer from LAL.

If they miss out on Kemba Walker, maybe it would be in their best interest to give Beverly a decent contract for a few years.

Beverly
THJ
Doncic
KP
Cousins

That to me is a pretty nice starting 5.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Magic completely blamed Del Demps for leaking out trade proposals last Feb between Lakers and Pels.  Wonder how Pelican owner reacts to that accusation?  The perception was that a lot of the leaking was done by Davis' agent. What incentive would Demps have to leak trade proposals?
His incentive was to screw the Lakers, he probably blames Klutch/Lakers/Lebron for talking AD into going public with his trade request. 

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 06:55:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370

A clueless owner.

Don't forget the shadow owner and gatekeeper - Linda and Kurt Rambis  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
What a clownshow. Couldn't be happening to a better team  :laugh:

They are bringing in Jason Kidd as an assistant coach. Let the show begin! :o

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2019, 12:40:24 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
This is all Kevin's fault.

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The trade LBJ stuff came from LA rumor mill with no sourcing, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yeah, I would be shocked if they traded one of the most marketable players in the league. It would probably be the right thing to do, though.

Anyway, this is all good news as far as I'm concerned.
He is also still one of the best players in the league as well.  He isn't going anywhere.

I predict Lebron has one more year at playing at this level. That is, a level where he can be in the MVP conversation.
Probably, but should still be an all star level performer for the rest of the contract.  Unless those type of players ask out or you can somehow acquire someone better (like upgrading DeRozan to Leonard) you just don't trade those type of players.

100%

There's no reason Lebron can't start taking steps back and be a 19-6-5 guy for a winner for another couple of years even after he loses it. Lebron's version of Paul Pierce in Brooklyn and Washington.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008