Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 41356 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2021, 11:14:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Harden 30 points 14 Assists. Danny screwed up on this one. Two way loss for Cs.

You forgot to mention that he played 40 mins, had 9 TO, shot 30% from 3pt and the Nets barely beat a team (who just played a back to back) that the C’s smoked by nearly 30 yesterday. Lol. Nope, Danny did not screw up at all.

You forgot to add that this was his first game with a new team after just joining the team ..look its okay not to like Harden that is a personal and subjective choice, but you cannot deny that he is a phenomenal player. He is not a ball hug and neither is Durant. You see his scoring titles and you just want to assume he hogs the ball. No he does not you do not get the assist numbers he does if you are not passing the ball. He is only going to get better with his new team. Oh by the way listen to his post-game interview and you will see that he is saying all the right things. There is a difference between the attitude of a player that wants out, and one that is happy with his situation.
Assists really don't have anything to do with whether a player is a ball hog or not.  Some of the biggest hogs have very high assist numbers because they always have the ball.  Harden is definitely a gifted passer but he's also a ball hog.  This isn't surprising but I just read that Harden has averaged 497 dribbles per game since 2018- more than any other player in the league.  You can kind of interpret that to mean he's the biggest ball hog in the league.

well you just made a case for ball hogs.

« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2021, 11:21:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

You forgot to mention that he played 40 mins, had 9 TO, shot 30% from 3pt and the Nets barely beat a team (who just played a back to back) that the C’s smoked by nearly 30 yesterday. Lol. Nope, Danny did not screw up at all.

You forgot to add that this was his first game with a new team after just joining the team ..look its okay not to like Harden that is a personal and subjective choice, but you cannot deny that he is a phenomenal player. He is not a ball hug and neither is Durant. You see his scoring titles and you just want to assume he hogs the ball. No he does not you do not get the assist numbers he does if you are not passing the ball. He is only going to get better with his new team. Oh by the way listen to his post-game interview and you will see that he is saying all the right things. There is a difference between the attitude of a player that wants out, and one that is happy with his situation.
Assists really don't have anything to do with whether a player is a ball hog or not.  Some of the biggest hogs have very high assist numbers because they always have the ball.  Harden is definitely a gifted passer but he's also a ball hog.  This isn't surprising but I just read that Harden has averaged 497 dribbles per game since 2018- more than any other player in the league.  You can kind of interpret that to mean he's the biggest ball hog in the league.

Was Westbrook #2 on that list? Do you have the link, now I’m curious...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2021, 06:44:52 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Was Westbrook #2 on that list? Do you have the link, now I’m curious...
I'm curious now too.  I didn't see a list and the only thing mentioned was Harden being #1.  I just looked at some of the sites I went on yesterday and I didn't see the article.  If I come across it today I'll mention it here.  I thought it said it was from 82games.com but I don't see it there.

« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2021, 08:34:09 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
https://twitter.com/ThomasCDee/status/1349440834811400197?s=20

yikes

not sure how some folks here defended him tooth and nails 2019-2020

I knew he was bad news when he bailed on the team ECF game 7. Terrible

Exactly Tr - that Game 7 absence was inexcusable and Danny tried to gloss over it with a stupid joke. He should have known right then that Kyrie was not good for this team. I realize he was in the last year of his contract, but we could have gotten a lot for Irving that would be helping us right now.

I don't disagree, but we kind of did end up trading him out for Kemba. If we had done that 'deal' a year earlier, I guess we would have had the option to keep Horford and Rozier during the offseason we signed Kemba, but the salaries for those two would have still been a problem. Also, we might have been stuck giving Kemba a 5-yr contract w/ 8% raises instead of his current 4 yr/5%.

Not saying Kemba was the only option, but I do believe Danny deserves a lot of credit for pivoting to a different All-NBA level PG once the Kyrie chose BKN. Hopefully - for the sake of the team and what is right in the world - Kemba will be able to leave the debilitating knee issues in the past lol...

« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2021, 09:21:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
are we going to do this everytime Harden has a good game? "OMG danny screwed up! he shouldve swapped Jaylen for Harden!"

doesnt change the fact that Jaylen Brown is 8 years younger than James Harden and is averaging 25.8 PPG this year on 53% FG and 41% 3 point percentage. giving up him, smart and multiple first round picks is a bad deal. You are giving away more than you get.

« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2021, 06:23:58 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Kind of related- Luka Doncic had a monster triple double with 15 assists lasts night and after the game he said the Mavs lost because he played selfishly.

« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2021, 08:01:11 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Kind of related- Luka Doncic had a monster triple double with 15 assists lasts night and after the game he said the Mavs lost because he played selfishly.
[/quote]

He took 30 shots, that is a lot.  Based on the box score, I would say he did hold the ball too much.  Dribbling around until you either find a shot or an assist is selfish basketball.  You can try too hard to find assists.  It is better just to move the ball over trying to "make something happen" with every touch.

« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

As indicated he took 30 shots and only made 13 of them.  He was quite good from 3 at 6 of 11, but only 7 of 19 from 2 and only had 6 FT's. 

The amazing thing is the Chicago won by 16 points and LaVine was 1 of 8 with only 10 points.  He hadn't scored less than 17 all year and had been over 30 the 4 prior games going into that one. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2021, 12:16:33 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Ironically, with the Harden trade, Kyrie becomes the weakest link among their big 3. This isn’t a KG-PP-RA or LBJ-Wade-Bosh or KD-Steph-Klay where each guy has carved out a role. Kyrie is pretty much like a carbon copy of Harden except Harden is superior to him in practically every facet of the game.

I’d honestly find it hilarious if Kyrie doesn’t get named an all star but KD and Harden do.
- LilRip

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2021, 03:50:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Kyrie out again. Can’t wait to see how the Nets fair against the Bucks tonight...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/01/18/kyrie-irving-ruled-out-by-nets-for-game-against-bucks/amp/
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2021, 03:53:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ironically, with the Harden trade, Kyrie becomes the weakest link among their big 3. This isn’t a KG-PP-RA or LBJ-Wade-Bosh or KD-Steph-Klay where each guy has carved out a role. Kyrie is pretty much like a carbon copy of Harden except Harden is superior to him in practically every facet of the game.

I’d honestly find it hilarious if Kyrie doesn’t get named an all star but KD and Harden do.

He'll probably demand a trade and make his way to the Lakers to team up with LeBron and AD.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2021, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

He'll probably demand a trade and make his way to the Lakers to team up with LeBron and AD.

I could see LeBron shutting that down. He probably knows first-hand his talent is outweighed by his toxic personality.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The Nets have to be thrilled to see their “star” acting like a kindergartner at naptime during a press conference.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

The Nets have to be thrilled to see their “star” acting like a kindergartner at naptime during a press conference.
He is who he’s always been.  Not an evil person but very flawed and potentially mentally disturbed.
I’m still not over that Danny traded for him and screwed over IT. Well carma paid its dues but still. If you ask Danny he still thinks that was the absolute correct move .
I remember Dan Gilbert saying that they made out like bandits in that trade lol