Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 42003 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2021, 11:52:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://twitter.com/billyreinhardt/status/1348845410035621893?s=21

From earth is flat theory to now what.... covid doesn't exist ??

what are wrong with these people

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Sources with
@Malika_Andrews
: As the NBA is expected to begin examining online videos circulating of a maskless Kyrie Irving at a family birthday party, there’s no belief that he will return to the Brooklyn Nets lineup this week.

who is going to suspend/fine him 1st

NBA or wimpy nets ?

Definitely the NBA.

Nets will always bow down to Kyrie and KD. They won’t rock the boat.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2021, 11:55:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Sources with
@Malika_Andrews
: As the NBA is expected to begin examining online videos circulating of a maskless Kyrie Irving at a family birthday party, there’s no belief that he will return to the Brooklyn Nets lineup this week.

NBA or wimpy nets ?
what should happen is either one of those entities should be docking his pay for each game he chooses to miss.  finances are typically the most powerful motivator.  of course, he's earned enough in his career to walk away which would be fine with me personally

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Sources with
@Malika_Andrews

NBA or wimpy nets ?
what should happen is either one of those entities should be docking his pay for each game he chooses to miss.  finances are typically the most powerful motivator.  of course, he's earned enough in his career to walk away which would be fine with me personally
Good luck to those entities trying to do that without getting called systemic oppressors ::)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2021, 01:19:57 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
for more on kyrie;s activities you can watch this...

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1348955989215768576
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2021, 02:42:30 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
These are the actions of a person who doesn't think he needs to be accountable to anyone.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2021, 02:52:38 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
These are the actions of a person who doesn't think he needs to be accountable to anyone.

Man this situation is just mind-bottling.  Things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle.

I am blown away by this guy.  It makes you respect Jaylen so much more how he goes about his fight against systemic racism and social justice.  He's such a good example for people in this world.  Kyrie may have the right motivation at times but his actions are typically always wrong.  Maybe he doesn't feel like playing because of what is going on in this country but be part of the solution.  Could you imagine telling our jobs we are not coming in because we don't feel like working because of what is going on in the world.  We'd be fired on the spot.  Until Kyrie speaks we won't know what the true issue is and it's not up to me to speculate.  I will reserve my opinion until I hear the guy out.  I really don't see many people defending the guy outside of he will talk when he's ready.  I am very happy he is not a celtic representing the team or the city of Boston.  Sign me up for guys like JB, Steph Curry, Brogdon, Dame and others that stood up, marched and continue to fight.  Kyrie has strong and legitimate beliefs and he's right but it's his actions that kind of baffle me at times.

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2021, 03:27:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Irving has always been extremely odd and the more power you give odd people, the more odd they become.  Brooklyn knew what they were getting with Irving and that was Kevin Durant.  That is the only reason they really signed him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2021, 03:31:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
As much as I'm not a Lebron fan, even I have to admit that his ability to keep this guy in check in Cleveland speaks volumes for his greatness.

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kyrie needs to be careful walking around in a cloud of buring sage ,  he might walk off the edge of the earth or set his gym on fire

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2021, 05:27:10 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
As much as I'm not a Lebron fan, even I have to admit that his ability to keep this guy in check in Cleveland speaks volumes for his greatness.
I was thinking that too. How he managed to beat the all time great warriors with his sidekicks - a volatile flatearther and an injury prone Love who also has panic attacks sometimes ..
Really incredible feat

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2021, 05:41:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I was thinking that too. How he managed to beat the all time great warriors with his sidekicks - a volatile flatearther and an injury prone Love who also has panic attacks sometimes ..
Really incredible feat

Not to mention that knucklehead JR Smith

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2021, 08:32:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
[
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
3h
If Brooklyn’s Kyrie Irving is found to have violated league health/safety protocols, he's facing a proportional game reduction of 1/81.6 of his salary - $410K per game. He would forfeit that money for every game lost because of a mandated isolation. League's probing video now

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller