Author Topic: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2  (Read 105684 times)

Re: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2
« Reply #720 on: May 14, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Sometimes I wish It was Chris Paul passing it to Ray instead of Rondo....

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

and if we had Lebron instead of Pierce we'd be the best team ever

seriously just let it go, Chris Paul is never coming here

« Reply #721 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I still can't believe the refs gave Doug Collins that call because he complains all the time, KG is not the only guy who sets illegal screens, almost every screen I see nowadays the man is moving but KG has attracted all this attention from the announcers over them so now he is a target. The other day Jeff Van Gundy was saying that almost anything goes at the end of the game because the refs don't want to blow the whistle, it's just such a crappy and inconsistent way to ensure that we aren't going to tie the game.

« Reply #722 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 724
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well...it is clear pierce is really hurt....he has zero lift and has struggled the last 2 games on offense....that injury won't improve by wednesday. boston has to figure out how to play hard for 48 minutes

one thing is for sure...they gotta withstand Philly's opening punch in game 3

« Reply #723 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

You're right, theres plenty other point guards Danny can trade for in the offseason

« Reply #724 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 548
I still can't believe the refs gave Doug Collins that call because he complains all the time, KG is not the only guy who sets illegal screens, almost every screen I see nowadays the man is moving but KG has attracted all this attention from the announcers over them so now he is a target. The other day Jeff Van Gundy was saying that almost anything goes at the end of the game because the refs don't want to blow the whistle, it's just such a crappy and inconsistent way to ensure that we aren't going to tie the game.
What's worse is they let everything go up until then - then all of a sudden you get a call like that with the game on the line.  Terrible.  But I agree with Barkley, that call wasn't the reason the Celtics lost.

« Reply #725 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
That clanked jumper by Rondo took the sail out everybodies ships, don't know why he didn't just continue to run our stuff. KG/Ray were trying to get into something but Rondo just dribbled out the clock and took a fadeaway.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #726 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
tonight was a night rondo needed to take over...instead he laid back....

« Reply #727 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The refs were awful.  Don't know who they favored, but they were fugly awful. The game was so inconsistently called from touch fouls to ridiculous non-calls.  Brutally bad. And you never call a foul like that on KG or anyone else at the end of the game.

Beyond that Rondo and Bass were useless after Q1, Pierce was useless the whole game, and Doc's call to foul was a classic snafu of the first order.  We had a 4-5 second differential which we turned into a situation that required us to foul.  Idiotic.  

Finally, Rondo deserves more than an equal share of the blame.  He's the QB on the floor and he was awful and was outplayed.

« Reply #728 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm not pinning the whole thing on Rondo though as a whole we came out sluggish like Barkley said played with fire and it bit us in the butt. You can't just show up in the final frame.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #729 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
still shaking my head at allen throwing slop in with .9 seconds left on the clock....i don't mind losing...but to lose on a shot like that....

« Reply #730 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
still shaking my head at allen throwing slop in with .9 seconds left on the clock....i don't mind losing...but to lose on a shot like that....

Did they even start the shot clock on time? The ball pretty much hit the backboard before the light went off

« Reply #731 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Yawn

You're right, theres plenty other point guards Danny can trade for in the offseason

So trade PP. He was 2-9, 5 turnovers, and lost on defense the whole game.

Now I don't actually recommend that, but then again, I'm not having a knee-jerk reaction, nor seeking out to blame one guy entirely.

Rondo got the team a ton of good shots that didn't fall (how many of Bass's?). But, yeah, it is all on his shoulders.

« Reply #732 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
What's up with Ray continuing to miss foul shots?

It's completely mental at this point but jesus

« Reply #733 on: May 14, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Did they even start the shot clock on time? The ball pretty much hit the backboard before the light went off

yeah...that was the longest .9 seconds i have seen

« Reply #734 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
That clanked jumper by Rondo took the sail out everybodies ships, don't know why he didn't just continue to run our stuff. KG/Ray were trying to get into something but Rondo just dribbled out the clock and took a fadeaway.
noone was open so he had to opt out for offensive option 5, himself.