Author Topic: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2  (Read 105297 times)

Re: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2
« Reply #735 on: May 14, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Sometimes I wish It was Chris Paul passing it to Ray instead of Rondo....

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

and if we had Lebron instead of Pierce we'd be the best team ever

seriously just let it go, Chris Paul is never coming here

You're right, theres plenty other point guards Danny can trade for in the offseason

So trade PP. He was 2-9, 5 turnovers, and lost on defense the whole game.

Now I don't actually recommend that, but then again, I'm not having a knee-jerk reaction, nor seeking out to blame one guy entirely.

Rondo got the team a ton of good shots that didn't fall (how many of Bass's?). But, yeah, it is all on his shoulders.

Blame based on one instance vs Being honest about something reoccuring

Knee jerk vs trend

« Reply #736 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston scored 24 points total in the second and third quarters...at home...in the playoffs. it is a miracle they were even within 10 points at the end with that

poor energy tonight...

« Reply #737 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
One positive is that Celtics played great defense
Just that the offense was so stagnant

« Reply #738 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

You're right, theres plenty other point guards Danny can trade for in the offseason

Now I don't actually recommend that, but then again, I'm not having a knee-jerk reaction, nor seeking out to blame one guy entirely.

Rondo got the team a ton of good shots that didn't fall (how many of Bass's?). But, yeah, it is all on his shoulders.

Knee jerk vs trend

You honestly think Rondo has lost more games, and more playoff games at that, than he has won for this team?

That PP hasn't shot us out of tons of games over his career? That Ray had a deadly poor shooting streak in the playoffs in previous years?

I am more than happy to have Rondo as the PG on this team and the reasons for this loss spread far and wide. To load the burden on RR for this loss is to find a comfortable place to lay blame, unfortunately it isn't the proper place.

And there is no form of argument that dries up faster than the "I'm just being honest/telling the truth that no one else wants to say."

« Reply #739 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

Yawn

Knee jerk vs trend

You honestly think Rondo has lost more games, and more playoff games at that, than he has won for this team?

That PP hasn't shot us out of tons of games over his career? That Ray had a deadly poor shooting streak in the playoffs in previous years?

I am more than happy to have Rondo as the PG on this team and the reasons for this loss spread far and wide. To load the burden on RR for this loss is to find a comfortable place to lay blame, unfortunately it isn't the proper place.

And there is no form of argument that dries up faster than the "I'm just being honest/telling the truth that no one else wants to say."

Yes you are right, I am overreacting because of this loss. But at the same time Celtics would win these games way easier if they had a jumpshooting point guard who doesn't ball dominate like Rondo does

And I CANT STAND the way Rondo drifts in the game when he feels like it. That type of player inhibits how good the Celtics could be. Look at the first 5 minutes of the game. Rondo was active, scoring and dishing. And playing with hustle. Then all of a sudden he drifts into fairytale land and just becomes a bystander

You could point to Doc not sitting Pierce down when he was hurting, which was huge. But Rondo's performance just pathetic

« Reply #740 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

Yawn

Knee jerk vs trend

Yes you are right, I am overreacting because of this loss. But at the same time Celtics would win these games way easier if they had a jumpshooting point guard who doesn't ball dominate like Rondo does

And I CANT STAND the way Rondo drifts in the game when he feels like it. That type of player inhibits how good the Celtics could be. Look at the first 5 minutes of the game. Rondo was active, scoring and dishing. And playing with hustle. Then all of a sudden he drifts into fairytale land and just becomes a bystander

You could point to Doc not sitting Pierce down when he was hurting, which was huge. But Rondo's performance just pathetic

Not going to pile it on Rondo to that degree, but I did think the key possession of the game was when the Celts finally had the lead and the ball and Rondo held the dribble the whole time and missed a jumper.  We'd been moving the ball nicely and getting things done...then that.
Yup

« Reply #741 on: May 14, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
I don't understand how can someone blame Rondo for this loss?
He played really good, his teammates were missing wide open looks.

My biggest concern is Pierce. He looks so bad on the floor. I don't get why Doc insist on playing him when he is obviously hurt.

I am watching OKC - LA game now. Boston game was in slow motion compare to this game.

« Reply #742 on: May 14, 2012, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Pierce not even leaving his feet to block an open three by AI at the end. Just stood there. Not a good sign.

« Reply #743 on: May 15, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Why did we foul turner, when we could of played defense and endu up with 4 sec on the clock?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #744 on: May 15, 2012, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Why did we foul turner, when we could of played defense and endu up with 4 sec on the clock?

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm torn on that decision.  If we just try to play defense and get the stop, there's probably about 3 seconds left at best once we secure the rebound.  Then, if we get the timeout right away, we can't even advance the ball to half court to set up our last play.  That would leave less than 3 seconds to craft a game winning play, taking the ball from out of bounds on our own end of the court.

That scenario doesn't inspire much confidence.  After thinking about it, I think Doc made the right decision. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #745 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm torn on that decision.  If we just try to play defense and get the stop, there's probably about 3 seconds left at best once we secure the rebound.  Then, if we get the timeout right away, we can't even advance the ball to half court to set up our last play.  That would leave less than 3 seconds to craft a game winning play, taking the ball from out of bounds on our own end of the court.

That scenario doesn't inspire much confidence.  After thinking about it, I think Doc made the right decision. 

My biggest gripe with those decisions is the indecision.  If you're going to foul, WHY WAIT?  A bunch of time ran off the clock before they fouled - to the point that I had assumed they were going to play D. 
Yup

« Reply #746 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
I will go out with saying we will lose this series in 6 games.  Stop blaming the refs because we put ourselves in that situation. We will lose the next to games in Philly.  Theres no way after how we played in Boston that we can win there.  Game 3 will be a blow out and game 4 will be close but Philly will win.  We will win game 5 in Boston and then lose game 6.  We do not have the depth, athleticism, youth or health to compete.  Everyone is talking about the Heat and Celtics in the ECF, what a joke when we can't get by the 8th seed. Hope I am wrong. See you all next season.

« Reply #747 on: May 15, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
I will go out with saying we will lose this series in 6 games.  Stop blaming the refs because we put ourselves in that situation. We will lose the next to games in Philly.  Theres no way after how we played in Boston that we can win there.  Game 3 will be a blow out and game 4 will be close but Philly will win.  We will win game 5 in Boston and then lose game 6.  We do not have the depth, athleticism, youth or health to compete.  Everyone is talking about the Heat and Celtics in the ECF, what a joke when we can't get by the 8th seed. Hope I am wrong. See you all next season.

lol
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #748 on: May 15, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

My biggest gripe with those decisions is the indecision.  If you're going to foul, WHY WAIT?  A bunch of time ran off the clock before they fouled - to the point that I had assumed they were going to play D. 
I just can't believe that Doc didn't have enough confidence in our D that he would rather foul someone, pray that that player misses a FT and then pray that we make an 3PT-er...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #749 on: May 15, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I just can't believe that Doc didn't have enough confidence in our D that he would rather foul someone, pray that that player misses a FT and then pray that we make an 3PT-er...

It wasn't about confidence in the D.  It was a time issue.  If we'd simply played it out defensively, we wouldn't have had enough time left to get a good look on the other end.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson