Author Topic: Mavericks (25-18) at Celtics (36-9) 1/25  (Read 34569 times)

Re: Mavericks (25-18) at Celtics (36-9) 1/25
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Man, I'm loving this streak just as much if not more than the 19 game one.  Missed most of garbage time though, any good Bill Walker highlights?
Not really. He went up weak and had one shot blocked. He had a dunk off a good screen where he was left alone around the hope.

He had a few great cuts but Scal/House didn't see that he was open.

He hit a nice jumper too.

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Shocking how bad the Maverwrecks actually are.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston could have scored what they wanted on the mavs today....i love the way this time comes out in the first quarter and just pummels teams right now....15-20 point first quarter leads are awesome...cannot wait until the fakers roll on in to the graden

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Man, I'm loving this streak just as much if not more than the 19 game one.  Missed most of garbage time though, any good Bill Walker highlights?
Not really. He went up weak and had one shot blocked. He had a dunk off a good screen where he was left alone around the hope.

I think Walker did a decent job while he was in there.  Much better than the last time where he fouled out in 8 min.

But Powe?  What the heck happened to this guy?  I thought today against the Mavs bench would be the perfect game for him to break out of his slump, but he didn't play any better against the Mavs' scrubs.  Very disturbing.  If he doesn't get it together, POB will pass him on the depth chart.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
mark jackson has ray paul and perk in the east all star reserves, but no rondo ???
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
mark jackson has ray paul and perk in the east all star reserves, but no rondo ???

I love Perk, but I think Okafor should go if you HAVE to have a center. That being said I thought it was awesome that Perk was the second leading vote getter for Eastern Centers. Celtic Pride in action.

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

I think Walker did a decent job while he was in there.  Much better than the last time where he fouled out in 8 min.

But Powe?  What the heck happened to this guy?  I thought today against the Mavs bench would be the perfect game for him to break out of his slump, but he didn't play any better against the Mavs' scrubs.  Very disturbing.  If he doesn't get it together, POB will pass him on the depth chart.

Powe is in a gigantic slump, and it's painful for me to watch since i'm a huge Powe fan. He'll bounce back when Doc stops tugging on his leash. Gabe is scared stiff to make one mistake or he's out, Leon's in the same boat.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I love Perk, but I think Okafor should go if you HAVE to have a center. That being said I thought it was awesome that Perk was the second leading vote getter for Eastern Centers. Celtic Pride in action.

Yeah, We won most of these games without Perk, so it is hard to make a case that he deserves to be an All Star. When Rondo is out, we seem to falter. A good case could be made that Rondo is more valuable to this team than Pierce or Allen, since Pierce and Allen substitute for each other alot, but no one can really take the place of Jonny.

« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Powe is in a gigantic slump, and it's painful for me to watch since i'm a huge Powe fan. He'll bounce back when Doc stops tugging on his leash. Gabe is scared stiff to make one mistake or he's out, Leon's in the same boat.

I dunno, Gabe getting three fouls and flat out denied by Eric Dampier is more than one mistake.

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2009, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Leon has lost alot of minutes to Scal, and I think it has hurt his confidence.

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I am wondering to what extent this recent run of phenonmenal basketball has raised the value of BBD, House, and Scal to other teams as trade deadline approaches.  My guess is not much.

Perhaps more importantly, is this stretch impacting their value to the Celtics?

I think that when the bench plays well like the last few games, the pressure to make a trade go away.  Am not sure I would mess with our chemistry at this stage.  Maybe if PJ gives in, then I would sign him up, and release or trade Giddens, but otherwise I would role with what we have. 

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Yeah, We won most of these games without Perk, so it is hard to make a case that he deserves to be an All Star. When Rondo is out, we seem to falter. A good case could be made that Rondo is more valuable to this team than Pierce or Allen, since Pierce and Allen substitute for each other alot, but no one can really take the place of Jonny.

I dont think theres much of a case that rondo is more important to this team than Paul Pierce...Ray Allen? maybe..
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
went to the game today, a few observations:

1) No box score up today at the game, not cool - made it hard to track fouls, points, etc.  Gf kept asking how many pts people had and I couldnt' answer definitively, oh well.

2) Mavs were never in this game - c's plan seemed to be keep the ball out of Kidd's hands, and it worked - Dirk seemed way off today, missed some bunnies

3) People at the game were entirely too dumb. Girl behind us kept asking her bf who's that guy - i.e. Her: Who's #20, Him: Ray Allen - her, oh. You know, if you don't know who he is by now, its probably a little late - also they give you a program for a reason use it.  People on the other side of us were considerably worse. Woman arives and goes "These seats suck". Good start. Then she asks if there's anywhere she can smoke in the building. These are clearly about as casual fans as there can be. 2 minutes into the second, buildings into the game, she asks "when is this game going to be over?" - hmm we're in the 2nd, there's 2 more plus halftime...just watch the game!  Plus the guy with her smelled of cheap booze and kept yelling stupid things, like "That's a foul!" whether or not there actually was one... I think he may have watched a little too much Heinsohn - so yes the pinkhats are out, and that's not cool - otherside note - went on Monday to Phoenix game, sat next to Jo Jo White, that was pretty awesome, and the fans seemed a little more knowledgeable/diehard

rant done
When you love life, life loves you right back