Author Topic: Celtics (35-9) at Magic (33-8)  (Read 39909 times)

Re: Celtics (35-9) at Magic (33-8 )
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Good first half, defense looked strong, hopefully the C's will come out and really apply the pressure in the third and close this one out.

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The refs are giving some BS foul calls.

yeah no kidding.  looks like we're not allowed to touch Dwight Howard tonight.

Well, Dwight is kind of small and needs to be protected. ;D ;)

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Love our defense tonight. Just superb all around. Nice to see that we tightened up on the boards in the second quarter. Perkins has looked good too. Too many fouls on our bigs (Perkins 3, BBD 3, Scal 2).

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Gary Payton is a moron, Kenny just made a good point when talking about performing under pressure vs. no pressure, comparing it to shooting a bow and arrow on a table and on someones head from the same distance. in response Gary says, "but you don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow so it don't matter!".  >:( >:(

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »

Offline PerthCeltic

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Sorry everyone, gonna try again at the break to see if anyone can help.
Trying to listen to the game online from Australia and the NBA Audio League Pass isn't working. Any ideas? Any other options?

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Gary Payton is a moron, Kenny just made a good point when talking about performing under pressure vs. no pressure, comparing it to shooting a bow and arrow on a table and on someones head from the same distance. in response Gary says, "but you don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow so it don't matter!".  >:( >:(

Yeah, that was kind of dumb, and it was really annoying how looked like he had just disproven him.

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

i thought it was kinda funny, but yeah he definetly did interupt him and completely ruin the point.

Both CWebb and Kenny made great points.

IMO I think the All-Star is for individual performances, so the teams record shouldnt matter.

If we wanna talk about great players being great leaders and driving their team to win on both ends of the floor, then we should be talking about the MVP award not the all star game.
Greg

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 09:23:54 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Sorry everyone, gonna try again at the break to see if anyone can help.
Trying to listen to the game online from Australia and the NBA Audio League Pass isn't working. Any ideas? Any other options?

not sure of the protocol on mentioning/linking certain types of sites so will just say using some appropriate and obvious google search terms you should be on your way.

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I really like the way Van Gundy coaches but my God he needs to upgrade that wardrobe.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
SHOOT THAT JUMPER PERK!!!!
Greg

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i thought it was kinda funny, but yeah he definetly did interupt him and completely ruin the point.

IMO I think the All-Star is for individual performances, so the teams record shouldnt matter.

If we wanna talk about great players being great leaders and driving their team to win on both ends of the floor, then we should be talking about the MVP award not the all star game.

the other night when we were blowing out the nets i beleive brook lopez put up 20+ points, is that an impressive performance even though he did it against reserves and there was nothing to lose from him underperforming? thats what happens when you play on a bad team, you put up big numbers against reserves when no matter how many you score the game can't be won.

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 09:32:12 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

the other night when we were blowing out the nets i beleive brook lopez put up 20+ points, is that an impressive performance even though he did it against reserves and there was nothing to lose from him underperforming? thats what happens when you play on a bad team, you put up big numbers against reserves when no matter how many you score the game can't be won.

I see  what youre saying but Brook Lopez wont put up 20 points every night so I think thats a bad example.

Do you think Al Jefferson would deserve to be an all star?  I certainly would.
Greg

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 09:34:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Did Dwight Howard take some sleeping pills at the half?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:21 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112

Whatever it was I hope it lasts another 19:23.

Admirable defense tonight.

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I saw it coming. The points he got in the first half were heavily contested, so he was kinda lucky plus the refs were helping him out. Perk's and the Celtics' toughness is catching up to him.