Author Topic: Rockets (21-15) at Celtics (29-7) 1/7  (Read 61355 times)

Re: Rockets (21-15) at Celtics (29-7) 1/7
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Despite the second-quarter foldo, I like the way we're playing tonight. This feels more like a game from last year, or the winning streak, than what we've been doing lately. We got a little stagnant on offense at the end there. But playing at home I'm OK going into the second half.

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Wow some of the negativity is out of hand. They are playing a very good basketball team. One many pundits picked to go all the way. The Celtics are playing really good ball but so are the Rockets. It's a good game.

Oh I'll take KG, even if he isn't Big Al in the paint.

And, I for one don't consider 9 points in the first few minutes of the second quarter a big lead. It's not even a comfortable lead. In this league, this early, no lead is safe.

A very good basketball team without two of its key players and with a third key player playing on a bad ankle. Once again, the C's were outplayed in a half, this time, however, at home.
1. Artest's ankle is a non-issue. He's playing. And he's playing well.
2. Houston play's better without T-Mac. He's easily their worst defender and he chokes late in games. If Houston traded T-Mac, they'd be a better team.
3. They got outplayed for the last 6 minutes of the second quarter. Overall, a very competitive game.

But they need stops and they need Rondo and Perk. Neither showed up in the first half.

I still say the Celtics win this comfortably by game's end.

If they can't get the job done, then Gabe and POB should be in the game.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
good to see that charlotte rose up and played their best game of the season last night...getting blown out tonight

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow some of the negativity is out of hand. They are playing a very good basketball team. One many pundits picked to go all the way. The Celtics are playing really good ball but so are the Rockets. It's a good game.

And, I for one don't consider 9 points in the first few minutes of the second quarter a big lead. It's not even a comfortable lead. In this league, this early, no lead is safe.

A very good basketball team without two of its key players and with a third key player playing on a bad ankle. Once again, the C's were outplayed in a half, this time, however, at home.
2. Houston play's better without T-Mac. He's easily their worst defender and he chokes late in games. If Houston traded T-Mac, they'd be a better team.
3. They got outplayed for the last 6 minutes of the second quarter. Overall, a very competitive game.

But they need stops and they need Rondo and Perk. Neither showed up in the first half.

if boston wins this game comfortably i will give you as many TP as they win by
Gonna hold you to that.

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Anyone want to bet the over/under on if Gabe will get 2nd half minutes. ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

if boston wins this game comfortably i will give you as many TP as they win by
Gonna hold you to that.

they win comfortably I will not mind...I will be a happy camper

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Has Doc been using Pruitt as the backup PG??????????

I'm only seeing 4 minutes on the ESPN box score... Is it still Eddie House at the 1? What needs to happen for Doc to give Gabe some actual minutes?? This is starting to get frustrating, especially if Rondo is playing as poorly as everyone is saying he is tonight.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

without Two of thier players? is that tall guy from china abusing us inside not yao ming? they have another guy that good?

Good lord! the lakers have no shot in the west once the other yao comes back.

So you consider Battier and McGrady chopped liver? and what about Artest on a swollen ankle. Give me a break. Their starting shooting guard tonight was Von Wafer. Houston has lost 4 straight and the C's should be blowing them off the court. But I guess we should be happy with a 3-point deficit at the half.

saying battie is one of thier key players is like saying were doomed without TA.

That team has three key players, yao, tracey, and ron.

Don't try to make us sound like were losing to thier scrubs by including a guy who, while very good as a bench player, they were reportedly trying to move awhile ago because they want to give those minutes to laundry.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

If they can't get the job done, then Gabe and POB should be in the game.
Wow. You really have fallen in love with POB huh? Baby came in and played great ball and you want POB to play minutes having to guard and bang with guys like Tao, Landry, and Scola?

POB should be released. He's been nothing but a waste of money.

I don't mind seeing more of Gabe but that should be at House's expense or T. Allen's. This team can't win without Rondo, plain and simple as that.

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Has Doc been using Pruitt as the backup PG??????????

I'm only seeing 4 minutes on the ESPN box score... Is it still Eddie House at the 1? What needs to happen for Doc to give Gabe some actual minutes?? This is starting to get frustrating, especially if Rondo is playing as poorly as everyone is saying he is tonight.

Gabe had some good minutes in the first half. But if this is anything like last night, Gabe will be sitting during any meaningful second half minutes.

Larry Bird

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Yao is destroying Perk right now.

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Complete garbage call on Perk.

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
nice acting ron.

That was a dumb moving screen, but ron sold that like an oscar winner.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Perimeter dedefense sucks.

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2009, 08:58:58 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
like i said last night..until this team starts playing defense like they did last year they will continue to lose