Author Topic: 3/4g verizon or sprint in TD Garden?  (Read 6844 times)

3/4g verizon or sprint in TD Garden?
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:10 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I've been a season ticket holder for many years.  I use ATT which Ive been pretty satisfied with except when I am in the Garden, down near the court, my service is poor.  I am in the market for a 4g (reverts to 3g if necessary) MiFi (pocket size router that can connect up to 5 people) and although I wont only be using it at the Garden, I will be severely disappointed if it didn't work well there.  does anyone have any experience with either one of these cell service providers (phone or MiFi) in the lower bowl of the Garden?....i could just wait until the season starts and test for a month and then return if it doesn't perform well but I'd like to get one soon. If anyone has any experience I would welcome some help.

Thanks

Re: 3/4g verizon or sprint in TD Garden?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
I've got Sprint and my Blackberry works in the balcony. I can't say for sure, but I don't recall having issues connecting while I was walking around concessions in the lower bowl. I have not gotten close enough to the court with my BB really.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
I have AT&T and my service in the balcony during celtics games ranges from terrible to non existent, although it's perfectly fine everywhere else. I don't know about sprint or verizon though.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
AT&T really does have service everywhere, but I've been known to get the occasional late text at Celtics games.

Of course my only experience has been with the balcony.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I have a Verizon BlackBerry and have always had atleast 3 to 5 bars 3G in the lower bowl.  Not courtside (I wish), maybe half way up.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:55:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
g who?

what happened to pay phones?

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
g who?

what happened to pay phones?

TP for the out loud laugh
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
AT&T really does have service everywhere, but I've been known to get the occasional late text at Celtics games.

Of course my only experience has been with the balcony.

ATT blows in NYC.

Too congested. AT&T knew my reception was so bad they offered me a Microcell tower for my apartment.

The iPhone 3G was bad, and the 4 is just as bad. It takes me sometimes days to get MMS texts for some reason. SMS usually come through quick or a few minutes later, but pictures and videos come in whenever, sometimes up to 48 hours later.

If the iPhone 5 isn't a major upgrade I may just wait out my contracts (on two phones) and switch to Verizon, which is much more reliable in NYC.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:04 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
What in the world is a pay phone?

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I've been a season ticket holder for many years.  I use ATT which Ive been pretty satisfied with except when I am in the Garden, down near the court, my service is poor.  I am in the market for a 4g (reverts to 3g if necessary) MiFi (pocket size router that can connect up to 5 people) and although I wont only be using it at the Garden, I will be severely disappointed if it didn't work well there.  does anyone have any experience with either one of these cell service providers (phone or MiFi) in the lower bowl of the Garden?....i could just wait until the season starts and test for a month and then return if it doesn't perform well but I'd like to get one soon. If anyone has any experience I would welcome some help.

Thanks

put the phone down and watch the game

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Thanks

put the phone down and watch the game
Thank you.  I never understand why people take their eyes off of something they paid to watch in order to waste time on something they can do anywhere.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
Ive been a season ticket holder since the early nineties (i miss about 1 a year).  Of course i am Celtics fan first...but I am also an NBA fan.  i like to see the stats of the game I am at or sometimes of a game that's going on at the same time as the Celtics.  often i notice that there is time for a last second shot attempt coming up in another game around the league and i would like to see it play out instead of just seeing the scoreboard result...(especially during the playoffs!!).   as you all know there are plenty of time-outs or commercial breaks with the opportunity to keep up on these things..seems pretty reasonable to me, thanks to those who contributed to my decision making.   

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
....in addition...if you read my post i indicated that i was in the market for a mifi regardless, and was planning on buying it soon (so i couldnt wait to test in the garden)....just kinda makes sense i would get one that works where i frequent 50 times a year wouldn't you take that into consideration??? duh

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
....in addition...if you read my post i indicated that i was in the market for a mifi regardless, and was planning on buying it soon (so i couldnt wait to test in the garden)....just kinda makes sense i would get one that works where i frequent 50 times a year wouldn't you take that into consideration??? duh

i stick with my claim...put the phone down and watch the game.  duh!

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

i stick with my claim...put the phone down and watch the game.  duh!

I think he is saying that your claim doesnt really attempt to answer his question. 

I personally have ATT&T and get good service in the upper deck.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16