Author Topic: Where should Siakam go?  (Read 2178 times)

Re: Where should Siakam go?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2024, 09:34:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Maybe its just that Brown and Tatum have had his number for so long, but I'm just not impressed with him.

When the Cs played them last week, the Raptors got the game close when he was out of the game and McDaniels was playing for him.

He's a fine 3-4th option if he is willing to accept not being ball-dominant.

He would probably fit the Heat best. I could see Memphis making a move like this as well. I don't see the Laker fit at all, as the best lineups with Lebron include stretch bigs (and Davis isn't really that). I also think the Warriors make a lot of sense.

Hasn’t he already been the #2 guy on a championship team?

A package starting around Wiggins who I believe is Canadian seems like a lot better offer than anything heat or lakers could realistically offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.
Wiggins is Canadian, but more importantly (as far as this goes) he's from the greater Toronto area.
Wiggins is not a good centerpiece in a trade for Siakam.  Not good enough.

lol then how in the world are the lakers getting him?
I'd much rather have Reaves and the Lakers pick than Wiggins if I'm in the Raptors. Now the Warriors do have Kuminga and some other pieces so they could sweeten it. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2024, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Mavs
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2024, 10:28:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Maybe its just that Brown and Tatum have had his number for so long, but I'm just not impressed with him.

When the Cs played them last week, the Raptors got the game close when he was out of the game and McDaniels was playing for him.

He would probably fit the Heat best. I could see Memphis making a move like this as well. I don't see the Laker fit at all, as the best lineups with Lebron include stretch bigs (and Davis isn't really that). I also think the Warriors make a lot of sense.

A package starting around Wiggins who I believe is Canadian seems like a lot better offer than anything heat or lakers could realistically offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened.
Wiggins is Canadian, but more importantly (as far as this goes) he's from the greater Toronto area.

I'd much rather have Reaves and the Lakers pick than Wiggins if I'm in the Raptors. Now the Warriors do have Kuminga and some other pieces so they could sweeten it.
Reaves is the most overrated player in league. Did you see what we did to him on defense when we played them? The raptors  also have no need for him. I’ll be happy the day people realize reaves is just another guy that has a nice offensive game and brutal defense

We all know plus minus was your moby dick for Jaylen brown so let’s trot that out for reaves
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/austin-reaves-plus-minus
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 10:44:54 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2024, 11:11:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Reaves is the most overrated player in league. Did you see what we did to him on defense when we played them? The raptors  also have no need for him. I’ll be happy the day people realize reaves is just another guy that has a nice offensive game and brutal defense

We all know plus minus was your moby dick for Jaylen brown so let’s trot that out for reaves
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/austin-reaves-plus-minus
have you looked at Wiggins?

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2024, 11:17:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And to be clear it is a silly argument as a players value to his now team doesn't mean thst will be his value to another team.  Fit, role, teammates, etc. all matter to that.

Wiggins just blows and has a terrible contract.  Reaves is better, has a better contract, and is younger.  I'd much rather have Reaves than Wiggins.  Not even close.  I don't think GS could even move Wiggins for value at this point.  He is just terrible on both ends.  Net negative and with his contract, atrocious. 

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2024, 12:29:58 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
And to be clear it is a silly argument as a players value to his now team doesn't mean thst will be his value to another team.  Fit, role, teammates, etc. all matter to that.

Wiggins just blows and has a terrible contract.  Reaves is better, has a better contract, and is younger.  I'd much rather have Reaves than Wiggins.  Not even close.  I don't think GS could even move Wiggins for value at this point.  He is just terrible on both ends.  Net negative and with his contract, atrocious.

Wiggins makes 25 million a year and is 28. His contract is definitely not awful. He has had a slow start to the year but unless he has somehow fallen off a cliff permanently at 27 because of some off the court personal problems you are being ridiculous

I also have no clue if you are just not watching reaves this year. Teams are relentlessly attacking him on defense including our own Celtics when we put the lakers away. He is too slow to keep up with quicker guards and is one of the weakest players In the league physically so he gets dominated by anyone with any strength in the post.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2024, 07:23:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Siam