Author Topic: Another Reason To Hate Miami Heat  (Read 4359 times)

Re: Another Reason To Hate Miami Heat
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2023, 01:39:01 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
What does this have to do with the Heat?

He has been relegated to the end of the bench and hasn't played a meaningful minute in the past 8 seasons. However, he remained on the team because he represents Heat culture. So if he represents Heat culture, he essentially speaks for the team. And with the way Pat Riley hates the Celtics, I wouldn't be surprised if Haslem heard that from Riley first.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2023, 01:40:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Is this a serious question?

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2023, 01:45:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He has been relegated to the end of the bench and hasn't played a meaningful minute in the past 8 seasons. However, he remained on the team because he represents Heat culture. So if he represents Heat culture, he essentially speaks for the team. And with the way Pat Riley hates the Celtics, I wouldn't be surprised if Haslem heard that from Riley first.

Haslem was literally hired by the heat as their vice president of basketball development. He is an employee of the team doing an interview with a current player for the organization. I don’t mean to be rude but if this isn’t trolling by Mo it is the silliest question I have ever seen on these forums lol.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2023, 03:27:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Bam Adebayo made a followup statement to clarify support and respect for Bill Russell:

" I respect, we all respect Bill Russell for what he’s done to us as players and as a Black people and all the stuff that he had to go through.”

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2023/12/bam-adebayo-responds-after-controversial-bill-russell-speech.html

Still nothing from Haslem though.

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2023, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
F the Heat.  F Haslam, F Bam, F Jimmy, F every single player that plays for that team and that has ever played for that team.  The feeling is mutual Haslam.  I hope you got coal in your stocking for Christmas.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2023, 03:58:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bam Adebayo made a followup statement to clarify support and respect for Bill Russell:

" I respect, we all respect Bill Russell for what he’s done to us as players and as a Black people and all the stuff that he had to go through.”

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2023/12/bam-adebayo-responds-after-controversial-bill-russell-speech.html

Yeah, when they were recounting it, it's clear Bam didn't buy in.  It's something Haslem said to try to fire up the team, and it didn't land.

Haslem said he "repent"ed the statement, and said Bill "caught a stray" (I.e., the Celts were the target, but he hit Bill).

It's just a dumb thing.  It's like one of our players going after Kareem).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Yeah, when they were recounting it, it's clear Bam didn't buy in.  It's something Haslem said to try to fire up the team, and it didn't land.

Haslem said he "repent"ed the statement, and said Bill "caught a stray" (I.e., the Celts were the target, but he hit Bill).

It's just a dumb thing.  It's like one of our players going after Kareem).

Or if Derek jeter was like why the hell we got a dodger jersey retired here. The funny thing is the more players try to say edgy stuff on pods the more dumb things like this will be said. At some point will be something much worse.

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2023, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
F the Heat.  F Haslam, F Bam, F Jimmy, F every single player that plays for that team and that has ever played for that team.  The feeling is mutual Haslam.  I hope you got coal in your stocking for Christmas.

And Pat Riley.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2023, 06:24:02 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Eh, this doesn't bother me at all.  Civility usually gets set aside in a pre-game speech.  Imagine the stuff KG said to his teammates before a big game against the Heat. 

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2023, 09:03:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I just don't buy that at all.  Haslem is a moron, but I don't blame the Heat for that.  I blame Haslem. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2023, 09:09:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I just don't buy that at all.  Haslem is a moron, but I don't blame the Heat for that.  I blame Haslem.

Mo, in all seriousness, did you not know that Haslem is employed as head of basketball development by the heat? Or did you seriously wonder how two current employees of an organization discussing something that happened at the organization in the past is related to the organization? I gotta know because the logic has been turning my brain into spaghetti all day.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2023, 09:15:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Mo, in all seriousness, did you not know that Haslem is employed as head of basketball development by the heat? Or did you seriously wonder how two current employees of an organization discussing something that happened at the organization in the past is related to the organization? I gotta know because the logic has been turning my brain into spaghetti all day.
Haslem is a moron that was talking on a podcast.  Him being a moron has nothing to do with the Heat, other than the fact they employ a moron.  Just like I didn't blame the Celtics when Irving said stupid things or when they offered him a massive contract knowing he was an idiot.  With all professions, some guys are just idiots.  Doesn't mean it has anything to do with their employer. 

Edit: Especially when that employer retired the number of a player than never played for the team.  The Heat have already told us by their actions they respect the history of the sport.  Haslem is just an idiot.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 09:26:45 PM by Moranis »

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2023, 09:26:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Haslem is a moron that was talking on a podcast.  Him being a moron has nothing to do with the Heat, other than the fact they employ a moron.  Just like I didn't blame the Celtics when Irving said stupid things or when they offered him a massive contract knowing he was an idiot.  With all professions, some guys are just idiots.  Doesn't mean it has anything to do with their employer.

Just about every decent sized company in the country has code of conduct and we already know from other lawsuits in the nba that organizations are responsible for their employees conduct. So…. Haslems conduct does literally represent the heat. So your comment is definitely strange but thanks for at least explaining it.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Just about every decent sized company in the country has code of conduct and we already know from other lawsuits in the nba that organizations are responsible for their employees conduct. So…. Haslems conduct does literally represent the heat. So your comment is definitely strange but thanks for at least explaining it.
I was editing my post when you were typing this. I further clarified that the Heat have already told everyone they respect the sport's history because they retired a number of a player than never played for them.  That says to me, the organization understands history and respects it.  Haslem is just an idiot.d

Also, a code of conduct has nothing to do with Haslem being an idiot.  It isn't applicable at all in this situation and Haslem wasn't speaking at a press conference as a representative of the Heat (though even if he was, it wouldn't change the fact that he is an idiot).  We've seen lots of coaches and players say all sorts of things unrelated to basketball at press conferences, it doesn't mean they are speaking on behalf of the organization or that the organization is responsible for what is said.

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2023, 09:33:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I was editing my post when you were typing this. I further clarified that the Heat have already told everyone they respect the sport's history because they retired a number of a player than never played for them.  That says to me, the organization understands history and respects it.  Haslem is just an idiot.d

Also, a code of conduct has nothing to do with Haslem being an idiot.  It isn't applicable at all in this situation and Haslem wasn't speaking at a press conference as a representative of the Heat (though even if he was, it wouldn't change the fact that he is an idiot).  We've seen lots of coaches and players say all sorts of things unrelated to basketball at press conferences, it doesn't mean they are speaking on behalf of the organization or that the organization is responsible for what is said.

I don’t think you are really making a whole lot of sense right now. You also literally said what does this have to do with the heat not the heat are not responsible for this. At absolute best it was a baffling question the way you phrased it. Either way have a good night. TP