Author Topic: Is Grant a goner? (Yes: Traded to DAL for second rounders)  (Read 73381 times)

Re: Is Grant a goner?
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2023, 11:03:21 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Glad to have Grant on the roster.  I'll be surprised if he doesn't contribute positively in the playoffs when he gets opportunities.  C's will undoubtedly have injury issues during the playoff run - hopefully short-term - and will be good to have Grant ready to go (hopefully his arm issue improves).  I don't think it's essential to keep him.

« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
When Grant sticks to his limitations, he’s an asset. When he tries to do too much, he’s a liability.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2023, 06:58:30 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
The use of Grant for targeted purposes in the playoffs is possibly helping his value.  He is showing plus attitude and versatility - having positive impact. Knowing his role/purpose, even if it may be different game to game or series to series, helps with focus. Scoring zero last night and 0-3 from three he contributed with hustle and defense.  There will be teams interested in his strength, versatility, and youth - he’ll be at the top of some teams’ FA lists.  Cs might end up matching - if they don’t they’ll be looking at no Grant, an injury prone Rob, and an aging Al.  And Luke.

« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2023, 07:35:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
When Grant sticks to his limitations, he’s an asset. When he tries to do too much, he’s a liability.

My opinion of Smart too.

Grant is willing to do the dirty work beating and banging our Stars avoid .
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 07:59:54 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2023, 08:14:20 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
There will be teams interested in his strength, versatility, and youth - he’ll be at the top of some teams’ FA lists.  Cs might end up matching - if they don’t they’ll be looking at no Grant, an injury prone Rob, and an aging Al.  And Luke.

Gotta match on Grant. The new CBA takes away a bunch of team-building tools from supertax teams, which Boston's going to be for a while, so it'd be even harder than normal to replace him. He's not perfect, but he does most of the things you want out of a supporting cast guy and seems reasonably well-liked in the locker room.

I hope Brad doesn't try to get too cute this summer. Just bring back the roster with a little bit of tinkering on the edges.

« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Grant's physicality has been a huge help for the Celtics on defense. It's the kind of physicality and energy I really missed against Atlanta.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2023, 08:50:18 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
He will be back IMO. He killed his value during the season so idk what team other than a bad one would pay him to be a star or a big contributor.

But he's showing his value in this philly series. Guarding Embiid and he also has value guarding Giannis.

So brad needs to just try and bring the team back. Obviously gallinari will be a big addition and maybe get some vets who want to come along for the ride

« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2023, 09:23:08 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't think this playoff run is increasing his value around the league.  More, he is proving that he is what he is, a decent bench guy with some versatility.  I don't know what extension offer he turned down but he probably should have taken it.  He will still get mid-range/mid-level money offered and the Celtics will probably match.

« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2023, 09:34:18 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
Obviously gallinari will be a big addition and maybe get some vets who want to come along for the ride

I think Gallinari gets packaged with Pritchard for salary-matching.

« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2023, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Obviously gallinari will be a big addition and maybe get some vets who want to come along for the ride

Not if we win championship.

« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2023, 11:41:47 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum

Not if we win championship.

Still might. Pritchard needs to go somewhere he can earn a second contract and was already agitating for a trade. The two options with him are essentially moving him into space for seconds or stapling together enough money to swap him for a veteran backup. Gallo makes enough that you can get into Royce O'Neal/Alec Burks/Doug McDermott territory.

« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2023, 12:45:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I don't think this playoff run is increasing his value around the league.  More, he is proving that he is what he is, a decent bench guy with some versatility.  I don't know what extension offer he turned down but he probably should have taken it.  He will still get mid-range/mid-level money offered and the Celtics will probably match.

It’ll be interesting. My take — dependent on him continuing to play pretty well in specific roles - energy, D on Embiid, threes,… I think there will be a number of teams that will be interested in his skills, attitude, versatility and youth.  Especially given that he plays on a very deep and talented team without loads of minutes to spare.   It may turn out that he should have accepted the extension but it won’t surprise me if he hits on a 15M/year deal.   I say this thinking his extension offer was around 12M - not sure I’m right about that.

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2023, 10:55:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Go get that money and playing time G-Will

I don't blame him if he wants out now. There's absolutely no reason why he can't be getting playing time in these moments. I mean PP got playing time... and G-Will should be a good matchup

Must be in Mazzulla's doghouse. Only explanation.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2023, 11:04:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I figured Grant would be back in the team for the playoffs and he would rebuild his value / payday. Being out of the rotation could cost him A LOT OF MONEY.

Don't like seeing him lose out financially. He is a good worker and team orientated guy.

« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2023, 11:09:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I figured Grant would be back in the team for the playoffs and he would rebuild his value / payday. Being out of the rotation could cost him A LOT OF MONEY.

Don't like seeing him lose out financially. He is a good worker and team orientated guy.
I hope he gets a big payday elsewhere. We have screwed both he and ourselves by not playing him in suitable matchups
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)