Author Topic: Trade idea Horford to Atlanta...  (Read 1851 times)

Re: Trade idea Horford to Atlanta...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 03:31:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am not that keen on John Collins. I like him but I don't love him.

He is also still developing as a defender and will probably contribute less in the immediate term than Horford will so we will take a step backwards but have a brighter long term future with Collins. I am fine with that trade-off but I want to be clear that I believe we will be taking a step backwards next season.

Secondly, I don't think Collins is a good fit with Rob Williams. Collins needs a stretch five next to him to maximize his talent. So the fit is dodgy. It requires subsequent moves including the departure of Rob Williams. Again, I am fine with that but I want to be clear that I do not believe in their capacity to function at a high level together.

Huerter is fine but nothing special. He can plug a hole (backup wing) but he isn't moving the needle much. I feel like some folks are too high on his ability to be a difference maker. A good low budget to minimum contract wing can provide most of what he brings to the table.

Overall, a step backwards away from title contention next season but a step forwards for title contention over the next 3-5+ years.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Boston is NOT trading Al Horford. It will not happen.

Casual observers don’t think much of Aaron Nesmith, but they may be surprised next season.

I like Nesmith. I think he needs playing time.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 03:53:11 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Huerter is fine but nothing special. He can plug a hole (backup wing) but he isn't moving the needle much. I feel like some folks are too high on his ability to be a difference maker. A good low budget to minimum contract wing can provide most of what he brings to the table.

Last year, if our bench had given us 20 points a game we would probably be champions. Not because the bench are stars, but because our main guys are so good they’re very close to good enough. Huerter would be a very good get. He’s a competitor, don’t back down guy, and I think he’d complement D White really well moving to open spots to receive a pass and doing some secondary playmaking.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 04:22:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Casual observers don’t think much of Aaron Nesmith, but they may be surprised next season.

I like Nesmith too, but I also would like us signing Donte DiVincenzo if Nesmith can't improve as quickly as we would like.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 04:25:14 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Just because a trade works in a trade machine, doesn't mean it's realistic. Why in the world would Atlanta do that trade? Are the Celtics including 5 first rounds in this scenario?

This.  They need to keep Collins and go all in this year.  That team is going to be good.  Trade Huerter to recoup picks and decrease salary a bit.  They will not pay him with all of these big salaries. 

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 04:28:46 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I like Nesmith too, but I also would like us signing Donte DiVincenzo if Nesmith can't improve as quickly as we would like.

Big summer ahead for him.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021