20 (42.6%)
Nah, Heat in 5
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 6
0 (0%)
Nah, Heat in 7
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?  (Read 9523 times)

Re: Down 2-1, Do You Believe?
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2022, 01:17:52 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Really hope this team actually plays like they want it. It'd be one thing if they start well, play hard but Miami's also playing well and it's close. But I swear to god if the C's come out flat again and look extremely mediocre, then that'll be really demoralizing and also make me kinda mad.

Literally a 3-2 lead, a chance to get to the Finals and sort of avenge 2012 against Miami and also our own run in 2018 which ended on a Game 7, and you come out not looking like you want to play after having dropped Game 6 at home?

Just go out there and play like you want it. Simple. I expect the refs to let them play tonight, not like how it was in Game 6

We are like 40-4 when leading a series 3-2. Plz don't make that 40-5.

uhhuh and spoelstra is 4-0 at home in game 7's

something is about to give here
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2022, 11:28:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
BOOM! GOOD JOB ON MOST OF US FOR BELIEVING!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2022, 11:30:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thank goodness. I have been beaten down with these finals to the point of never thinking it would happen

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Never stopped , even in beginning of season.

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2022, 11:38:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Never stopped , even in beginning of season.

Love and Trust. That's the motto

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2022, 12:26:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Been saying "I Believe" since before the playoffs started. Still believe. Will say it again. #18 on the way.

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2022, 01:28:44 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Been saying "I Believe" since before the playoffs started. Still believe. Will say it again. #18 on the way.

Won’t be easy but I’m feeling good. For now I’m just ecstatic we made the Finals again after 2010 and some tough years of losing in the ECF

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2022, 06:01:14 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This is all part of the growing for this team. They have to learn as a group that there are no shortcuts, there are no easy games, no matter what the previous game's scoreline was. We've dominated for large stretches of this series, but we've lost key moments that have led to losing games. The team has to recognize those moments, those are the moments that determine championships. Championship players recognize those moments and seize them. They're the better team but they have to play better, all the time, not just most of the time, because moments can swing games.

I'm fatalistic when it comes to these things. If we don't win this series it will be because we were unable to recognize those moments and rise to the occasion and we will not have deserved to move on. But I think they will. When their backs are to the wall are when they play to their best. Just as Buckets redeemed his legacy by dragging the Heat to victory in G6, so now the Jays have to do the same in a G7 with everything up for grabs. Can they rise to the occasion?

I will say that I don't think Smartacus is 100% and he may be forcing himself to do things he's not capable of doing. I'd rather he sit out if he's not 100% because he doesn't make the greatest decisions when he's not 100%. He tends to start to play hero ball when he senses the Jays aren't fully into the game and we don't need that.

I posted earlier that this team has earned my support when it comes to responding from adversity. They've proved it all the way through this second half of the season. They're a young and growing team, but they've got a decent amount of playoff experience. They're far from perfect and they will make mistakes and play poorly. But they're shown me that they have heart and resilience and fight, even if their execution or their mentality wavers at times. This isn't the "same old Celtics team" that's disappointed us for years. I was always confident that we would win this series, but I had a feeling it would go seven because that's how long this team needs to be able to get over its mistakes and learn from them.

I'm confident going into the Warriors series. It won't be easy, there will be times they will have fans tearing their hair out and slitting wrists again. They're still vulnerable to those mental lapses that can cost games, like almost happened last night at the end. We have to respect that Miami (and GS) is a good team, and the team needs to do the same against all opposition, because if you disrespect them for even 5 min and not put in 100% that's when you can lose games. But I think we were the better team against Miami, and also against GS, even if the Warriors have their Big Three, so do we. I think it will go 7 because the Warriors have loads of experience. But if we play the way we can play I think we should win.

I will say I was wrong about Smartacus, he turned in a solid game last night.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2022, 08:34:24 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
BOOM! GOOD JOB ON MOST OF US FOR BELIEVING!  ;D

Most of us? I'm not sure about that. I think many of those that believed have been relatively silent on this site.

Fresh start. Plenty of rest and time to game plan. I hope that fans don't think we "deserve" anything. This series should go deep and there will be periods of uncertainty, making the entire experience worthwhile.

Let's go Celtics!