Author Topic: Hornets (24-20) at Celtics (23-22) Game #46 1/19/22  (Read 29738 times)

Re: Hornets (24-20) at Celtics (23-22) Game #46 1/19/22
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2022, 10:05:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You all still want to build around tatum and brown? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
HEY, I’ve been saying it for weeks now: Trade anybody but Robert Williams III.  I am serious. If you trade Tatum, OF COURSE you expect a star in return. Same for Brown.

This team but esp Tatum has ingrained bad habits. They need a big shakeup.  There is something not quite right about this team.  Is it conditioning? Heart?  Coaching?  Something HAS to change.

I am not naive. I don’t expect any more trades before the deadline. But in the off-season, Brad has to do some soul-searching and figure this thing out because this is not entertaining and THAT should be a big flag for a businessman like Wyc.
as long as the building is sold out every night, Wyc won't see anything else as a red flag
I mean how many Celtics fans were lapping up the crap Scroogebeck and Brad Pitino were selling them last summer? Gullible fans will ensure that the money keeps on rolling in.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2022, 10:05:25 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
RIP my mental health. Tommy points to everybody who stuck it out.

right back at you.
I need a drink

« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2022, 10:05:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
RIP my mental health. Tommy points to everybody who stuck it out.

TP

« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2022, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
I really hate these kind of games.  Hard to watch.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2022, 10:06:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Coach Udoka cost the C’s another game with his “Jack a ton of 3’s” offensive strategy. Boston took 45  3’s and barely shot over 30%. If they took higher percentage shots, I think they would have won this game. Thanks coach.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2022, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
HEY, I’ve been saying it for weeks now: Trade anybody but Robert Williams III.  I am serious. If you trade Tatum, OF COURSE you expect a star in return. Same for Brown.

This team but esp Tatum has ingrained bad habits. They need a big shakeup.  There is something not quite right about this team.  Is it conditioning? Heart?  Coaching?  Something HAS to change.

I am not naive. I don’t expect any more trades before the deadline. But in the off-season, Brad has to do some soul-searching and figure this thing out because this is not entertaining and THAT should be a big flag for a businessman like Wyc.
as long as the building is sold out every night, Wyc won't see anything else as a red flag
So, you don’t think Wyc wants playoff revenue?

The only trades we seem to make lately are about money.

« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2022, 10:06:50 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Didn’t watch the game but saw the stats Bridges put up. He’s got to be in the conversation for the all star game.

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2022, 10:07:09 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

It’s a sad reality fans don’t want to face.  Proof is there.  5 years of changes for what?  We’re getting worse.  Trade while the value is high and get platers that are hungry to play and win.  Tatum and brown think being labeled a Star makes them one.  Tonight like many nights when they are needed the balk at the opportunity.  They don’t have the GUTS.  It sucks but that’s the reality.  Look at numbers all you want…the game is on the court.

« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
2/18 from 3 from our Jays.

Tatum missed a lot of wide open shots. Brown took a lot of bad ones. Just disgusting to watch
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2022, 10:08:45 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

The only trades we seem to make lately are about money.

Yep.  They don’t care about a title.  Maybe in 20 years

« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The only player on the Celtics that had a plus in plus and minus was Pritchard. 4 assists and 0TOs in 11 minutes.

« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:56 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Al had a good game go to waste.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #417 on: January 19, 2022, 10:10:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

this team will make the playoffs -- play in round.  he's not paying luxury tax until this team has a real shot at getting to the conference finals at least

« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2022, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Man, I like the Hornets. LaMelo Ball and Gordon Hayward are a lot of fun to watch. Then they got Miles Bridges and Terry Rozier in supporting roles supplying lots of three point shooting (14 3s per game) and good scoring (38ppg).

You look at them and compare those guys in those roles to our Celtics:

(1) Their two stars actually pass the ball and make their teammates better. Both among the best ball-handlers and passers at their positions. Also good shooters.

(2) Genuine scoring and shooting support for their star players. 38ppg from their 3rd and 4th best players. Compare that to Boston - who is it even? Schroder is the 3rd best scorer, then who? Smart? Horford? Josh Richardson? Such a lack of genuine quality offensive support for Tatum and Jaylen.

And they play small!

Miles Bridges a combo forward plays PF. They play two combo guards and a ball-handling SF. They play with speed and skill. Push the ball. Out-skill opponents.

We don't. We don't try to out-skill anyone except for the worst of the worst. We don't play with pace. We don't try to out-run everyone. Everything is so slow and stodgy. Mucky halfcourt offense. Ugly team to watch.

It is only when you watch some of these other teams in the league that you realize how far behind the Celtics are in terms of their roster composition and skill levels.

And yet the Celtics are 2 points per game better, because for all their scoring, the Hornets give up the second-most points in the NBA.  Basketball is played at both ends of the court.  The Celtics have chosen to emphasize defense at the expense of offense, while the Hornets have chosen the opposite extreme.  It does not mean that the Celtics are less skilled or less talented than the Hornets.

No doubt about it, the Celtics have more real and unrealized potential. The J's score points individually, and the C's defend better as a team too. Unfortunately it doesn't reflect in the record. Wouldn't it be great if we could blend the two?
I'm looking forward to the Celtics having no worse than a 32-24 record by the trade deadline and starting a climb up in the standings.  We're 10th, but only 5.5 games out of first.  A good month of basketball and our record and standing can look a lot more like the collection of talent that's on the roster.
I trust in Ime to make that a pipe dream :laugh:
Never in doubt ::) :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2022, 10:11:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Coach Udoka cost the C’s another game with his “Jack a ton of 3’s” offensive strategy. Boston took 45  3’s and barely shot over 30%. If they took higher percentage shots, I think they would have won this game. Thanks coach.
there were a LOT of open shots from 3 so i don't mind many of those. but the celtics simply missed open 3 after open 3.

i do think Udoka should have told then to attach the basket more.

oh well, on to the next one.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva