Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35226 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2022, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This is another 22 year old that would be around for our pick: Alondes Williams.
Needs to work on his shooting but he can do a lot of stuff on the floor. Could be a good bench player for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmuH4anLM

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2022, 10:20:26 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I'm starting to lean towards the prediction that Stevens sticks with his draft and stash 2nd round strategy for this years draft. With the Cs holding the rights to Yam Madar and Juhann Begarin who both at least have a shot of making the 15 man roster in the next few years I predict the Cs look to stash a big this draft. Khalifa Diop, Ismael Kamagate, Yannick Nzosa, and Ibou Badji are all interesting stash prospects. Diop, Kamagate, and Nzosa where all invited to the combine this year. Badji had alot of buzz last draft and backed out.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2022, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So what's the deal with GLeague Ignite? It's just one or two guys worth drafting?

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2022, 08:06:58 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
So what's the deal with GLeague Ignite? It's just one or two guys worth drafting?

All 4 draft eligible Ignite players will be drafted

Dyson Daniels has a good shot at going top 10

Jaden Hardy seems like more of a polarizing prospect but I still think he goes in the 10-20 range.

Marion Beauchamp should be a first round pick and a player good teams feel comfortable drafting to add playable wing depth

Micheal Foster is the biggest question mark in the group, he shown up in good shape at the combine and seems to be getting positive media buzz. I’m betting he goes early second just like Isiah Todd last year.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Peyton Watson looks like someone who is worth a shot this late in the second. He needs to work on his shooting with is worse than bad.

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2022, 09:10:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:26:07 PM by liam »

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2022, 09:11:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Peyton Watson looks like someone who is worth a shot this late in the second. He needs to work on his shooting with is worse than bad.
Is he electing for the draft? That is a seriously stupid move - dude should stay in college and work on his game
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2022, 09:21:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Is he electing for the draft? That is a seriously stupid move - dude should stay in college and work on his game

I read that he was. Your right it's going to put him at the end of the second round. He was a top recruit out of high school. He looks like a Danny Ainge pick but I don't know what Brad will be looking for. There are some useful guys at the end of this draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOG8K340L4g
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:29:46 PM by liam »

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2022, 10:00:16 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

I read that he was. Your right it's going to put him at the end of the second round. He was a top recruit out of high school. He looks like a Danny Ainge pick but I don't know what Brad will be looking for. There are some useful guys at the end of this draft.

Brad’s drafting strategy in the second round (and in general) is that guys need to be athletic enough for the NBA.  He gave a really good interview a while ago, and that was one of the big things he said he learned coming from college to the NBA — that there is a baseline level of strength and athleticism that you have to have, no matter how much skill you might display in college.  The Begarin pick is obviously an example of this.

So I totally see Stevens going with a raw, athletic prospect over someone like Ruddy out of Colorado State, as an example.

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2022, 10:04:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Brad’s drafting strategy in the second round (and in general) is that guys need to be athletic enough for the NBA.  He gave a really good interview a while ago, and that was one of the big things he said he learned coming from college to the NBA — that there is a baseline level of strength and athleticism that you have to have, no matter how much skill you might display in college.  The Begarin pick is obviously an example of this.

So I totally see Stevens going with a raw, athletic prospect over someone like Ruddy out of Colorado State, as an example.

Peyton Watson fits the bill. He's an athetic freak that's still growing into his body.

« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Thanks, I must have missed that interview - that's a good insight.

Jaylin Williams is still my ideal pick, but I've seen him mocked everywhere from 25-55, so I have no idea what his value is looking like. Jalen Williams is another guy I really like (same name is confusing), but he is skyrocketing up mocks.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2022, 07:01:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Thanks, I must have missed that interview - that's a good insight.

Jaylin Williams is still my ideal pick, but I've seen him mocked everywhere from 25-55, so I have no idea what his value is looking like. Jalen Williams is another guy I really like (same name is confusing), but he is skyrocketing up mocks.

If he's there for us I'd take him...

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2022, 07:14:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Some undrafted camp invites?:

Luka Brajkovic

Gaige Prim

Max Abmas

Keon Ellis

Bryson Williams

« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:19:54 PM by liam »

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2022, 08:50:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Some undrafted camp invites?:

Luka Brajkovic

Gaige Prim

Max Abmas

Keon Ellis

Bryson Williams

I’m slowly putting together a list of 2nd round bigs who may fit the Celtics offensive and most importantly defensive identity. Bryson Williams is an interesting option at 53 or as a camp invite. Being already 24 his development may be limited but at nearly 6’9 with a 7’2.25” wingspan and weighting almost 240lbs he has enough size to play the 5 in the NBA. If his 3pt shot proves to not just be a one year anomaly he will provide a nice offensive skill set at his size. On defense his lateral movements remind me a lot of AL. While he isn’t a shot blocker adding a likely 2-way big with perimeter skills and who can play the Cs switching style would be a nice addition.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2022, 09:17:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm starting to lean towards the prediction that Stevens sticks with his draft and stash 2nd round strategy for this years draft. With the Cs holding the rights to Yam Madar and Juhann Begarin who both at least have a shot of making the 15 man roster in the next few years I predict the Cs look to stash a big this draft. Khalifa Diop, Ismael Kamagate, Yannick Nzosa, and Ibou Badji are all interesting stash prospects. Diop, Kamagate, and Nzosa where all invited to the combine this year. Badji had alot of buzz last draft and backed out.

Yam Madar and Juhann Begarin.

I had forgotten we had these two. Anyone know anything about how they've progressed the past couple of years?
Celtics fan for life.