Jaylen,  Juanco, J Rich for Fox, Haliburton, Hield, Chizme

Yes absolutely
7 (28%)
JKJB
12 (48%)
If they added picks yes
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade Brown for half the Kings  (Read 2154 times)

Re: Poll: Would you trade Brown for half the Kings
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 06:54:42 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
How about half the Magic?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3p49cra

With the way Anthony and Wagner are playing, I'm not sure Orlando would pull the trigger -- but it's been a long time since they've had a legit star player as the face of the franchise.
Hell, why not Milwaukee?

Brown, Horford, Richardson, Hernangomez every pick and swap

For

Giannis, Middleton, Portis, Mathews, Nwora

So if I follow you're 'why not', you think Orlando would be overpaying and you'd be happy with that Orlando trade?

Don't be so emotional about it. Trading for Anthony and a rookie is obviously quite different than trading for the league MVP and a guy who has made more all-star games than Brown.

Seriously -- if you had to choose between JKJB and winning more.... which would you choose?
Sorry, I probably shouldn't have replied to you. My post was more hyperbole in trading players for half a team and if you're going to do it, at least have the best player in the deal coming the Celtics way.

As for your proposal, it's bad. Harris is a shell of his former self and Wagner and Anthony are young and inexperienced and the trade as a whole only punts our ability to contend farther down the road.

Look, the Tatum and Brown duo have gotten into the ECFs twice and the ECSF once. Those teams were led by the Jays and everyone else was complimentary. But the Jays were so very young.

Last year, without Brown, Tatum won one game in the playoffs. You need minimum two stars to go deep in the playoffs, especially if they are young stars. Tatum alone as a star didn't work and won't work going further. So trading Brown for spare parts makes zero sense if the goal is to win and win in the playoffs.

Would I trade Brown? Sure. But a legit star has to be coming Boston's way if the trade is to be consummated and that star's addition has to make the team better, make the team able to go farther in the playoffs.

An Anthony/Wagner trade doesn't do that. A Fox/Hield trade doesn't do that. You want to add to Tatum/Brown not subtract a star and add complimentary pieces.

At this point you have to look at what a Horford, Smart, parts and picks can get you in trying to get another star or future star. You continue to develop Timelord into a difference making big, trade that Al/Smart package for a true talent and go from there.

Lots of contradictions. So we need to have patience with our guys, but shouldn’t trade for dudes who are inexperienced?

A package of Smart and Al isn’t netting a star. — far from it. And trading for a future star seems to be against your ethos.

Harris is salary filler, obviously. And the team that scored 145 the other night and 130 in Utah would be improved by adding Anthony and Wagner — perhaps more so than Brown — whether you choose to believe so or not. That they’re “a few years from hitting they’re prime” shouldn’t be held against them considering you’ve said the same about Brown and Tatum. You want patience for our guys, but are against trading for guys with clear upside that might grow with Tatum and compliment him better.

And I traded 3 players for 3 players… the “half the Magic” thing was…. A joke.

I agree with you about Timelord.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:04:40 PM by todd_days_41 »