Author Topic: If we keep the 14th pick  (Read 14178 times)

Re: If we keep the 14th pick
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2021, 01:35:40 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Maxey is treated and develop like Carson Edwards here. Too many guards in his development way. Just ask PP and Langford.
Maxey is a 36MPG starter?

No, he's saying Maxey wouldn't be given the chance to be a 36 MPG starter here, and would rot on the bench and look rusty when he came in for short stretches.

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2021, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Maxey is treated and develop like Carson Edwards here. Too many guards in his development way. Just ask PP and Langford.

No, he's saying Maxey wouldn't be given the chance to be a 36 MPG starter here, and would rot on the bench and look rusty when he came in for short stretches.
I missed the "here" in his post, lol. Makes much more sense that way!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2021, 07:33:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Exactly if he was drafted here they would still be giving him dnps.

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2021, 06:50:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Carsen comparison is silly.   Carsen Edwards was a shooter than could not shoot.  Maxey can shoot.    So do you really think we'd keep good guys on the bench with our depth problems?  I don't

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2021, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Carsen comparison is silly.   Carsen Edwards was a shooter than could not shoot.  Maxey can shoot.    So do you really think we'd keep good guys on the bench with our depth problems?  I don't
of course not.  Stevens played guys that could play. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2021, 11:12:55 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
this is a crazy draft to start looking back at because as fans we had so much time with this class. Covid pushing back this draft and the general lack of things to do caused me to dive deeper into this draft then I ever had.

Looking at my tiered top 15 I had

1   LaMelo Ball

TIER 2
2   Anthony Edwards

TIER 3
3   Killian Hayes
4   James Wiseman
5   Isaac Okoro
6   Onyeka Okongwu
7   Deni Avdija

8   TIER 4
9   RJ Hampton
10   Cole Anthony
11   Tyrese Maxey
12   Tyrese Haliburton
13   Devin Vassell
14   Josh Green
15   Patrick Williams

its still early but over all im pretty happy with my Tiers. Hayes I had ranked to high (I blame the influence of KOC). I also expected more out of Josh Green. Other then that I think I did pretty well.

As for the #14 pick without going back and reading my posts I was hoping to the Cs would land a future starting caliber player at #14. I had Maxey #12 in my mock, Hampton #13, and Anthony going to the Cs at #14. My ideal was to land one of those 3 guards at #14 then Bane and/or Tillman in the late first. Fully understanding that one of those picks would likely be traded. After Hampton,Maxey, Anthony, Lewis Jr , and Terry (missed with those last two) I had every other pg sized player including Pritchard regulated to the 2nd round. This was a product of their positional value. I used the logic that a backup PG isn't worth a 1st as they can be picked up as cheap FAs.

hindsight is what it is but this class looks like a missed opportunity to lock in a starting PG in either Maxey or Anthony.     

Going into the draft, Max Carlin was very high on Maxey, said he would fit very well into Celtics scheme because of his ability to get to the hoop.  Looks like he was right.

I haven't given up on Nesmith yet, but seems like, today, Maxey would have been the better get for our team needs.

I also haven't given up on Nesmith, at the time off the draft I was really down on him because of his lack of lateral quickness. Since then his energy has been great and he has shown enough for me to believe in his ability to play a Jae Crowder like small PF role in the NBA very effectively.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet