Author Topic: Should Lakers trade Lebron for Simmons based package?  (Read 4998 times)

Re: Should Lakers trade Lebron for Simmons based package?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2021, 05:52:08 PM »

Kiorrik

Man, the Celtics could win a couple of titles with LeBron here if they traded Jaylen Brown for him.

Tatum would be an awesome #2 for LeBron. We have Horford. Timelord. Smart. So many pieces that LeBron would work brilliantly well with and LeBron is exactly the sort of playmaking high efficiency offensive hub that this team needs. This team would be awesome with LeBron.

As much as it is a short-term move (3-4yrs of LeBron vs 10-12yrs of Jaylen), I'd find it hard not to do it. LeBron is still that good.

I wouldn't want this.

Even if it got us titles.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Man, the Celtics could win a couple of titles with LeBron here if they traded Jaylen Brown for him.

Tatum would be an awesome #2 for LeBron. We have Horford. Timelord. Smart. So many pieces that LeBron would work brilliantly well with and LeBron is exactly the sort of playmaking high efficiency offensive hub that this team needs. This team would be awesome with LeBron.

As much as it is a short-term move (3-4yrs of LeBron vs 10-12yrs of Jaylen), I'd find it hard not to do it. LeBron is still that good.

I wouldn't want this.

I would feel very dirty about it all. It reminds me of that debate - would you rather Dirk's 1 ring or KD's multiple?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2021, 06:10:09 PM »

Kiorrik

I wouldn't want this.

I would feel very dirty about it all. It reminds me of that debate - would you rather Dirk's 1 ring or KD's multiple?

I personally can't answer that because I didn't watch NBA for a good 7-8 years, which was exactly that timespan.

Probs also why I don't hate KD as much as other people do?

How about you?

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2021, 06:12:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I wouldn't want this.

I personally can't answer that because I didn't watch NBA for a good 7-8 years, which was exactly that timespan.

Probs also why I don't hate KD as much as other people do?

How about you?
Dirk, all day. Home grown hero defying all odds in that championship run, whereas KD jumped ship to a team that he choked against the playoffs (they were up 3-1), which had also just won 73 games. It remains for me the most cowardly move I can recall.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2021, 07:43:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

I wouldn't want this.

Are people watching Lebron this season? They are 5-3 with him playing alongside a perennial all nba guy (probably 5-4 after tonight). I get they have some bad fitting parts but we have a ton of question marks after our top 4.

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2021, 07:45:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Also look at his advanced stats. They are basically all worst numbers since rookie season. They are basically a fringe all star level at this point. I get we didn’t see this with Jordan cause he went out on top, but Lebron is nearing the end.

Agreed in principle, but we did see a quite-washed 38 year old MJ play for the Wizards, and the numbers show a similar stark decline.

I honestly forgot that even happened. But yeah any numbers you look at he is having his worst season since he was a rookie. Also nobody was saying to trade wizards jordan for jaylen brown which would have been ridiculous.