Author Topic: Should Lakers trade Lebron for Simmons based package?  (Read 5002 times)

Should Lakers trade Lebron for Simmons based package?
« on: November 23, 2021, 01:06:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The Lakers need to take better advantage of  Anthony Davis' prime. Lebron seems to be on the decline, more so this year than ever before. He turns 37 next month.  How many NBA championship teams were led by someone that age? I can't think of one.

Michael Pena on Crossover made the following trade proposal: Lebron to the Sixers for Simmons, Maxey and Thybulle. 

Do you think the Lakers would ever consider trading Lebron for that type of return?

Would Morey do it?

Would Klutch Sports permit it?

Pretty interesting outside the box idea.

Re: Should Lakers trade Lebron for Simmons based package?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 01:14:27 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
You don't trade LeBron. I don't know if I've seen that much decline. He had an injury. They happen. LeBron has missed nearly half their games. Their record will get better, but LeBron isn't the teams issue. It's a Westbrook problem and a depth problem.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That’s a really interesting proposal.  Ultimately, I don’t think LA would move Lebron.  He’s worth too many marketing dollars, he’ll ultimately probably buy a piece of the franchise, and he’s their only hope at a title.

If I’m Lebron, I push for it.  Instant title favorite and he’d be playing in the city his idol Dr. J won in.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Simmons and Westbrook would be horrid. Embiid and Lebron could win it all if healthy.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 01:21:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kareem was the Lakers leading scorer from 1981-1986 when he was 34-38 years old winning two titles at that time. He was their third leading scorer at almost 18 PPG at 39 years old during their 1987 championship season.

So it's been done before.

I also think Lebron wants to carve out a Lakers legacy beating Kareem's record while being a Laker. So I doubt he would want to be traded. And if Lebron doesn't want to be traded, he won't be. It's that simple.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 01:27:52 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Don’t like James but u just don’t trade him..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If Lebron was actually willing to be traded (which will never happen), that is no where near the best package the Lakers could get for him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The Lakers need to take better advantage of  Anthony Davis' prime. Lebron seems to be on the decline, more so this year than ever before. He turns 37 next month.  How many NBA championship teams were led by someone that age? I can't think of one.

Michael Pena on Crossover made the following trade proposal: Lebron to the Sixers for Simmons, Maxey and Thybulle. 

Do you think the Lakers would ever consider trading Lebron for that type of return?

Would Morey do it?

Would Klutch Sports permit it?

Pretty interesting outside the box idea.
no way Klutch wouldn't throw a monkey wrench into the very idea of the Lakers trading their biggest client (unspoken owner) out of one of the 2 premiere teams in the league and the team he's always ultimately wanted to go to end up on a lesser team with no realistic shot of a title.  the ring chasers went to LA to play with Bron, not Simmons.  Fakers would fold as a team rapidly and fade as a 'contending' franchise for several years.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 02:19:03 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Kareem was the Lakers leading scorer from 1981-1986 when he was 34-38 years old winning two titles at that time. He was their third leading scorer at almost 18 PPG at 39 years old during their 1987 championship season.

I also think Lebron wants to carve out a Lakers legacy beating Kareem's record while being a Laker. So I doubt he would want to be traded. And if Lebron doesn't want to be traded, he won't be. It's that simple.

Kareem was playing with prime Magic Johnson.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So. Kareem was still the #1 scoring option and defensive anchor for those teams through much of his mid to late 30's.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 03:29:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

So. Kareem was still the #1 scoring option and defensive anchor for those teams through much of his mid to late 30's.

That was Magic's team and he was the best player on that team.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Still doesn't take away from Nick's point.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2021, 04:25:58 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

LeBron and Kareem are the two guys who were able to stay at the top the longest in the history of the league. Kareem was also extremely fortunate to be on one of the all-time greatest rosters towards the end. Anything LeBron can pull off from here will be a significantly harder lift than even what Kareem did. The Lakers look really fragile to me.

Unless Westbrook gets a Chris Paul State Farm blood plasma injection soon, it probably ain't happening

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

LeBron and Kareem are the two guys who were able to stay at the top the longest in the history of the league. Kareem was also extremely fortunate to be on one of the all-time greatest rosters towards the end. Anything LeBron can pull off from here will be a significantly harder lift than even what Kareem did. The Lakers look really fragile to me.

Unless Westbrook gets a Chris Paul State Farm blood plasma injection soon, it probably ain't happening
Davis obviously isn't Magic, but he is in the middle of his prime and was voted one of the 75 greatest players in the sports history.  A prime Davis and an older but still excellent James should be enough for the Lakers to threaten everyone especially when they add in a bunch of solid role players and a guy that looks like a rising start in THT.  If they can somehow contain and harness the Westbrook energy, they should be fine.

The real problem they have aside from Lebron's health is that Davis just isn't playing like a guy that has the talent he has.  He has barely looked like a top 25 player, when he is supposed to be a top 5 one (or at worst a top 10 player).  Davis is the problem with the Lakers.  He is the guy that needs fixing.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2021, 04:32:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Still doesn't take away from Nick's point.

Kareem was great at an ld age no doubt but my point is that he played with Magic Johnson who was a top 5 player in my book. LeBron is playing with off and on again Davis.