Author Topic: How Can We Get Evan Mobley?  (Read 2250 times)

How Can We Get Evan Mobley?
« on: November 21, 2021, 01:50:58 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We should have asked this when he dropped from the top pick in the draft, but what are some potential deals that could land us Evan Mobley? Obviously we would need to retain one of Tatum or Brown in order to build around two potential HOFers, one on a cap-friendly rookie contract. In particular, is there a way to get Mobley, retain Tatum and still have cap room for one of the following (undoubtedly it would require moving Brown and more, including probably taking on Love):

1) Jokic in summer 2023
2) Harden in summer ‘23 (or ’22 if he opts out)
3) Beal in summer ‘23 (or ’22 if he opts out)

If there is a way to get Jokic or Harden to pair with Brown and Mobley, I’d be open to moving Tatum for Mobley. By the end of his rookie contract, I think Mobley is going to be heralded as the best big since Shaq…the window to get him is quickly closing and we’re just stuck in the mud with Tatum/Brown, so how can we get unstuck?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:18:13 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: How Can We Get Evan Mobley?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Cleveland has their most promising rookie since the 2004 season, why would they do this?

There is no deal that exists getting us Mobley. I'm not even sure Tatum and Brown gets it done
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Brown for Zion
Zion for Mobley?

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 01:59:28 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Brown for Zion
Zion for Mobley?

Substitute Tatum for Brown and perhaps it’s possible.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Brown for Zion
Zion for Mobley?

Substitute Tatum for Brown and perhaps it’s possible.
Have you seen Zion this year? Brown for Zion is already an overpay.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 02:22:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I think you’d need compromising pictures of the team owner. And even then I’m not sure.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 02:28:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Possibly kidnap

But I would not approve that method  ;D

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 02:30:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Possibly kidnap

But I would not approve that method  ;D

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 03:03:44 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
We’ve got assets and they’ve got an albatross, so does this really not get the job done on or after January 30:

BOS In: Mobley, Love
CLE In: Brown, Timelord, 2022 1st, 2024 1st

Pretty solid roster for a run this year:

Schröder/Pritchard
Smart/Richardson/Langford
Tatum/Nesmith
Horford/G. Williams/Juancho/Parker
Mobley/Love/Kanter/Fernando

Stretch Horford’s contract, move Richardson and Juancho for heavily protected 2nd round picks, opt out of Langford’s final year, and we basically go into free agency with:

Pritchard
Smart
Tatum/Nesmith
Love/G. Williams
Mobley

Surely we have enough room to sign an elite free agent? If not, we opt out of GWill’s contract and/or move him/Nesmith. Finally, there’s always room to move Smart. After we secure an elite free agent, rebuild our depth with veterans for TPEs/picks. Can you imagine if Harden or Beal opted out, and we had room to sign one to pair with Tatum/Mobley? Or we wait until 2023 when Love is off the books and we definitely have room for a Harden or Beal…

A foundation of Tatum/Mobley is far more exciting with greater opportunity than JKJB…
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 04:03:03 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Accidental double post. Sorry.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 03:14:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
JKJB

Mobley is terrible return for Brown. If you are trading Brown it better be for a top 10 player.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
JKJB

Mobley is terrible return for Brown. If you are trading Brown it better be for a top 10 player.

Why? We’re barely a play-in team with Tatum/Brown and there’s no way to improve ourselves in free agency or via trade. Frankly, JKJB is probably a future of first-round losses until we have to dump Brown as an expiring contract because he won’t sign an extension, then we lose Tatum to free agency the following year (hello LA/AD/Beal, says Jayson), and we become a basement dweller again…

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2021, 03:22:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
JKJB

Why? We’re barely a play-in team with Tatum/Brown and there’s no way to improve ourselves in free agency or via trade.
The team is 9-8 NOW. The team has missed both Timelord and Brown for a bunch of games. The defense after the 1st 6-7 games has turned around and been great. There is every reason to believe as Ime and the team come together more this is a top 4 team in the East with a great young core.

You don't trade either of the 2 All-Stars that are 25 years old or less for a rookie that has looked good for 15 games. Not great. Not All-Star worthy. Not All-NBA worthy. Not Hall of Fame worthy. Just good.

See this is why I came up with the JKJB hashtag. Because I got sick of having to type these easily seen reasonings not to make such ridiculous trades.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
JKJB

Why? We’re barely a play-in team with Tatum/Brown and there’s no way to improve ourselves in free agency or via trade.
The team is 9-8 NOW. The team has missed both Timelord and Brown for a bunch of games. The defense after the 1st 6-7 games has turned around and been great. There is every reason to believe as Ime and the team come together more this is a top 4 team in the East with a great young core.

I’ve been hearing for years that we have a great young core and we’ve been hanging out at the number 7/8 slot for how many months since the start of 2020-2021? Even if they progress, I really do not care if we’re top four; I want us to win it all and I do not think Tatum/Brown gives us enough flexibility to make the remaining moves necessary to win it all with one of the two all-stars.

You don't trade either of the 2 All-Stars that are 25 years old or less for a rookie that has looked good for 15 games. Not great. Not All-Star worthy. Not All-NBA worthy. Not Hall of Fame worthy. Just good.

Would beg to differ. He’s playing great, particularly when you consider he’s 20, only 15-20 NBA games into his career and needs to bulk up. Undoubtedly there’s a risk moving an all-star for a rookie, but the potential reward is a future HOFer on a rookie contract with cap room to bring in another all-star to replace your lost all-star’s perimeter shooting. The potential reward is a Big 3, which is simply impossible to achieve with Tatum/Brown because they’re already on their second contracts and we are not bad enough to get a top 3 pick in the draft.

See this is why I came up with the JKJB hashtag. Because I got sick of having to type these easily seen reasonings not to make such ridiculous trades.

The longer we remain in a play-in position in the standings, the more JKJB becomes synonymous with stagnation (at what point do we talk of JKJS, Just Kidding/Just Stagnate?). We are good, but we need to be much greater to win it all, and JKJB simply does not provide a path towards being a championship team. Case in point, nobody advocating JKJB can list any potential moves to get us to a Big 3. It’s always hope Tatum/Brown continue to grow into Jordan/Pippen (when the reality is clear they are not complementary players playing team ball together like they did at the beginning of their rookie contracts). Very uncomfortable having all our eggs in this one basket that is not working so far. There are so many other paths forward if we can turn Brown into a exceptional prospect on a cost-controlled rookie contract…
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 04:14:24 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2021, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Your impatience is incredible.

Age when winning first title

Giannis 26
Curry 26
Lebron 27
Jordan 27
Durant 28
Shaq 27
Hakeem 31
Dirk 32
KG 31
Pierce 30

Age of the Celtics stars
Brown Just turned 25 less than a month ago
Tatum will turn 24 in March

Again, this is why I just throw out JKJB

I get sick of typing out these same responses.

So for your response to this post, here is mine JKJB