Author Topic: Why does IME insist on starting Marcus over Schroeder?  (Read 6413 times)

Re: Why does IME insist on starting Marcus over Schroeder?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think there has to be a bit of competition between to such serious players .  If they and Ime can find a way to coexist, then it’s a huge win situation for Boston .

I like DS offensive aggressiveness and Smarts defensive aggression,  I think they can reach a happy coexistence.

we ll see how it unfolds in a few months .

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 07:54:27 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
Ok. back to old line up. Same result. In the hole.  I rest my case.

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 08:15:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think there has to be a bit of competition between to such serious players .  If they and Ime can find a way to coexist, then it’s a huge win situation for Boston .

I like DS offensive aggressiveness and Smarts defensive aggression,  I think they can reach a happy coexistence.

we ll see how it unfolds in a few months .

Schroeder is better defensively than Smart is offensively.

Smart  is not better than Havelicek.

If Smart is the true heart and soul of the team, he would suck it up and asked to be the 6th man.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 08:26:40 PM »

Kiorrik

I don't think it's strange to put Dennis into a sixth man role. We NEED someone to come off the bench and SCORE.

If you disagree with that, I dunno what to tell ya on that one.

As for Marcus; he's top in the league in defense. If we start with JB and JT, that oughta be enough firepower, easily.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 08:50:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It has nothing to do with Tatum and Brown being absolutely dreadful offensively so far, though, right?

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 09:40:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

It has nothing to do with Tatum and Brown being absolutely dreadful offensively so far, though, right?

Part of the reason they are dreadful is the lack of dribble penetration and playmaking without Schroder there.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 09:56:14 PM »

Kiorrik

Part of the reason they are dreadful is the lack of dribble penetration and playmaking without Schroder there.

After seeing that suggestion in the game thread;

That's not a Smart vs Schröder issue.

That's a Schröder vs Brown issue.

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

It's hard to properly express how bad this take is without the use of cursing, which of course the site does not allow.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2021, 10:14:32 PM »

Kiorrik

It's hard to properly express how bad this take is without the use of cursing, which of course the site does not allow.

Maybe open a book every once in a while.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2021, 10:38:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I mean it doesn't really matter how many books I read, your take is still gonna be terrible.

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2021, 10:41:29 PM »

Kiorrik

I mean it doesn't really matter how many books I read, your take is still gonna be terrible.

And another comment that's hard to respond to because it adds 0 to the discussion.

Come on man.

Let me be clearer; if you say something other than "uh dis dumb", we can actually have, you know, a discussion.

Instead of just being lame to eachother.

Do you feel having Brown come off the bench is a wrong choice? Do you feel Schröder/Smart at the same time worked poorly the past few weeks?

Come on man, give us something to work with. Do better.

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2021, 10:46:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

And another comment that's hard to respond to because it adds 0 to the discussion.

Come on man.

Let me be clearer; if you say something other than "uh dis dumb", we can actually have, you know, a discussion.

Do you feel having Brown come off the bench is a wrong choice? Do you feel Schröder/Smart at the same time worked poorly the past few weeks?

I will answer for him, YES bringing Brown off the bench is a really DUMB idea.
why the blank would we ever not start our all-star wing??  that is just nuts.  I don't even know why it is suggested.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2021, 10:48:23 PM »

Kiorrik

Come on man.

why the blank would we ever not start our all-star wing??  that is just nuts.  I don't even know why it is suggested.

Cool. Counterpoint: Ginobili made it work heaps fine, and the last few days, before JB was back, we did great. Pitting him against weaker opponents could be worth a shot?

.edit: ps, thanks. at least you put *some* effort into pointing at a flaw.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:00 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Marcus is not a true point guard and he slows to ball and loses to much time. He is much better off the ball and insserting himself in moments that are not clutch. He is playing better, which we need, but for the team I think if he starts the chemistry will go back to has it was before.

My take.

Marcus is not a great table-setter. Schroder is worse.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2021, 11:11:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Come on man.

Cool. Counterpoint: Ginobili made it work heaps fine, and the last few days, before JB was back, we did great. Pitting him against weaker opponents could be worth a shot?

.edit: ps, thanks. at least you put *some* effort into pointing at a flaw.

well since Tatum played like cold cat dudu tonight, he should probably come off the bench as well.
Jaylen as 6th man, Tatum as 7th man....title here we come....

Seriously, there is no way we should even be debating not starting Jaylen.  I have seen some really iffy ideas on this site, but that would be top 10.
We played horrible as a team for the first 2/3 of the game tonight.  That isn't going to be fixed by having Jaylen Brown come off the bench.