Author Topic: When should the seat start to get hot?  (Read 8273 times)

When should the seat start to get hot?
« on: November 02, 2021, 12:10:19 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
It’s still early, but at what point does Brad have to start considering whether a coaching change is needed? Ime may be a really likable guy and more relatable to the players than Brad was, but does he know how to coach and get the best out of his players?

Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford and Timelord are all good defenders. Richardson is an above average defender and Schroder is say average? Grant has looked somewhat better this season as well. That’s basically the rotation at this point. So how are the C’s the worst defensive team in the NBA?

The starting lineups are also puzzling. Sure Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Timelord might work against a select few teams that play two true Bigs like Indiana: Turner/Sabonis, Orlando: Wendell Carter Jr/Bamba,  or Cleavland with Mobley/Allen, but That lineup isn’t going to work against 80% of the teams in the league. It certainly didn’t work out tonight with DeRozan going off for 37 and shooting 75% from the field. Just seemed like a really bad idea going into the game considering the Bulls were only playing 1 big in Vucevic. Shouldn’t the starting lineup change depending on matchups?

Some of the substitutions throughout the games are just puzzling, too. The small ball and unbalanced lineups where 3 or 4 players on the court are below average shooters. Ime does seem to do a better job when it comes to calling timeouts than Brad did, but other than that I’m not really seeing any positives. This is a talented roster with veteran players and two all-star wings. I’m starting to feel like the coach just doesn’t know how to manage the team and put them In a position to win.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 12:21:30 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: When should the seat start to get hot?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 12:12:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
30-40 games in

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 12:17:33 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Rationally, iwould give Ime till end of December. Just like most of us wouldn’t like to be at risk of getting fired two weeks into our tenure in a new job, I think it’s fair to give him till then to see how he can adapt. See how he copes with adversity and pressure. May as well find out now rather than at the end of the season. My expectations for this year were never that high to begin with.

That said it’s a results oriented business, and since Ime has no previous body of work to fall back in, these early games are where the impressions are being made. But I think Brad and Wyc are giving him a really long leash - like till the end of the year. If you flick someone a couple of months after hiring him it doesn’t really say much for your own judgment. And right now there’s blame to be parceled out everywhere, not just with Ime.

But most of us fans are an impatient lot - you’re only as good as your last game, and the last few games have been terrible, so there’s plenty of fire under his seat already as far as we’re concerned  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 12:38:03 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's hot already
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 12:43:44 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It's hot already

+1, I think based on our roster, the results on the court after 7 games, the poor coaching job that has been done, the complete drop off of our team defense that someone should be on the hot seat.

now whether or not anything happens say if we get to 2-10, or 2-15...that is probably highly unlikely.  i suppose if Ime completely looses the team anything is possible.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The seat should've never been there for Udoka and it should have had burnt his derriere off of our club before opening night.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 01:04:20 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Tonight, right now.

You lose game 1...okay fine. But you lose game 2 by getting blown out at the TD Garden to the Raptors? Are you kidding me? Not to mention the fact that you lose three more times, twice to the same team and another to a team that you held a 19-point lead. And they narrowly squandered that game against the Hornets that required OT. Wow.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 03:28:12 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
unless ime does something to warrant termination for cause, his job is secure for at least one, probably two seasons.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 03:46:08 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Look on the bright side. With a little bit of luck, we'll end up with a nice pick at the end of the season. :P

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 04:41:35 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You mean when is BS in the hot seat. BS was the coach and saw this first hand. If he didn't correct things from players on the team than he is more at fault.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 06:46:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The starting lineups are also puzzling. Sure Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Timelord might work against a select few teams that play two true Bigs like Indiana: Turner/Sabonis, Orlando: Wendell Carter Jr/Bamba,  or Cleavland with Mobley/Allen, but That lineup isn’t going to work against 80% of the teams in the league. It certainly didn’t work out tonight with DeRozan going off for 37 and shooting 75% from the field. Just seemed like a really bad idea going into the game considering the Bulls were only playing 1 big in Vucevic. Shouldn’t the starting lineup change depending on matchups?

I think we did fine in the beginning of the game, your comments have nothing to do with the real culprit of this loss.  Losing a 19 point lead, late in the game.   Starting two bigs had ZERO impact on why we lost.  Quite a few teams start the same guys, I would say more do than do not.

Some of the substitutions throughout the games are just puzzling, too. The small ball and unbalanced lineups where 3 or 4 players on the court are below average shooters. Ime does seem to do a better job when it comes to calling timeouts than Brad did, but other than that I’m not really seeing any positives. This is a talented roster with veteran players and two all-star wings. I’m starting to feel like the coach just doesn’t know how to manage the team and put them In a position to win

I do agree some of the lineups are puzzling.   

I think Ime's after the time out plays (ATOs) are horrible.  I also thought he did not handle timeouts well last night otherwise we'd might have shown more defensive fire after the timeouts.

Ultimately, I think this comes down to lacking  talent.   We have two all star wings.   But this roster is not that deep, huge talent disparities when some guys come off the bench to replace the starters in many cases.   I would point to the fact that deep teams with good role players have dismantled us thus far.  We are not a talented roster and what looks good on paper does not translate well to the playing field always.   The same day they extend Romeo, and Grant they lay a complete egg.   I did think Grant played hard as hell, he just lacks size.  Ainge did not leave us in a good state.   CBS improved some flexibility financially, and added some parts.

When we were losing that lead in the fourth and having trouble scoring, maybe put in Parker?  We were not getting stops, so his defense would not have mattered but at least we could have maintained the lead or put the ball in the hole.  Instant offense, can't help you on the bench.

Udoka, I think is on the hot seat, as of last night.   But I think he will be safe for quite a while due to the fact that he is a new hire.  I think he is safe until the end of Dec as well.  It is early still.   

Look on the bright side. With a little bit of luck, we'll end up with a nice pick at the end of the season.

That would help out our talent deficiency.

You mean when is BS in the hot seat. BS was the coach and saw this first hand. If he didn't correct things from players on the team than he is more at fault.

I doubt it.  Signing Shroder was a masterful move.   He made moves to save the owners money and brought back popular Al Horford.  I think Brad is safe.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 07:00:25 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
It’s still early, but at what point does Brad have to start considering whether a coaching change is needed? Ime may be a really likable guy and more relatable to the players than Brad was, but does he know how to coach and get the best out of his players?

Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford and Timelord are all good defenders. Richardson is an above average defender and Schroder is say average? Grant has looked somewhat better this season as well. That’s basically the rotation at this point. So how are the C’s the worst defensive team in the NBA?

Some of the substitutions throughout the games are just puzzling, too. The small ball and unbalanced lineups where 3 or 4 players on the court are below average shooters. Ime does seem to do a better job when it comes to calling timeouts than Brad did, but other than that I’m not really seeing any positives. This is a talented roster with veteran players and two all-star wings. I’m starting to feel like the coach just doesn’t know how to manage the team and put them In a position to win.

So Brad forgot how to coach last year and now Ime already sucks as a coach? Do you think maybe it’s the players? Maybe Tatum is too immature and not the star we already made him to be. Smart who still thinks he’s an offensive star ect.. Tgis roster is deeply flawed and has been since Tatum became the main player is that a coincidence? It’s getting close to completely blowing it up. I have never been more disinterested in a Celtics team than this one and it started last year.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 07:05:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
When the team is falling apart in every direction . 

You gotta axe yourself ,  can this be fixed with the personnel on hand ?

I answer myself with a.   …..” I might be wrong , but I doubt it “   ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 08:33:27 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He’s already lost the team. These guys just walking all over him. I give it a few more weeks at this pace.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 09:02:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
his seat is heating up with each avoidable loss.  I think he's here through the all-star game or trade deadline regardless of what happens up to that point.  if the team is just grossly underperforming to that point, team will probably be a seller at the deadline and not be able to bring in a good coach so it's very possible the let Ime ride out the season.