Author Topic: Bulls (5-1) at Celtics (2-4) Game #7 11/1/21  (Read 29961 times)

Re: Bulls (5-1) at Celtics (2-4) Game #7 11/1/21
« Reply #600 on: November 02, 2021, 07:45:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Couple other things that haven't been mentioned:

Horford looked old. He's still a useful player, but he's definitely lost some bounce and slowed down a bit. He isn't the Al Horford from a couple years ago.

Rob Williams has no idea how to play with Horford. If you watched Williams play in college, it's very similar to when he had to play with another big then.

Jayson Tatum's indecisiveness as a passer/playmaker is probably the biggest thing holding up the offense. When he's not thinking, he's really good. When he is, he's slow and turns it over a lot.

At one point, Ime had Schroeder, Smart, and Richardson on the floor with one of the Js. I like those guys, and I want to believe they could be reliable shooters, but there is no doubt that opposing teams would rather give them spotup threes with a decent contest than any other action.

On big runs, I just want the guys to put so much effort into defense and trying to be disruptive that they commit fouls. It does stop momentum if the foul is called, and swings momentum if they get a big play.
I don't see this criticism at all this season. He's leading the league in blocks per game, and looks completely revitalised physically. Only problem has been his 3 point shooting.

Fully agree about Timelord struggling in the dual-big looks.
have to say Horford doesn't look like he's lost a step from his last season here and has easily been our most consistently good player this season.  not saying he's been the best player each game but he's played hard on D and made the right plays while making smart passes and taking good shots on offense.    I thought Al might have been cooked after his Philly stint but he's been terrific for us.

Re: Bulls (5-1) at Celtics (2-4) Game #7 11/1/21
« Reply #601 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:15 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Smartacus is getting absolutely pilloried on NBATV with his press conference that has gone viral. Isiah and Candice Parker saying his finger pointing comments don’t bode well for the state of the Celtics locker room and maybe instead of complaining about how the Jays didn’t pass the ball to him, rather he should have focused on how the Cs let the Bulls score 39 points when they had a 19 point lead when he’s supposed to be the defensive leader.

It's a mess but last thing I'd care about is talking heads and their opinions. Even if it's some of the better talking heads.

It's going to be something the Cs are going to get asked over and over again...the media will make it into a narrative.

Maybe I'm too much of a recluse IRL. If they can't deal with this BS then they deserve to spiral, I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:30:21 PM by pokeKingCurtis »