Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558486 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #5805 on: May 26, 2022, 11:43:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Are the Warriors like the New England Patriots of football...always getting into Superbowls and being despised on by outsiders lol. I guess this is what it feels like when you hate/dislike a certain team that always make it into the big dance year after year lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5806 on: May 26, 2022, 11:58:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Are the Warriors like the New England Patriots of football...always getting into Superbowls and being despised on by outsiders lol. I guess this is what it feels like when you hate/dislike a certain team that always make it into the big dance year after year lol
Not really comparable. What New England did in football is much harder to do than what Golden State has done in basketball - hence why there are other teams which have been just as dominant as GSW, but none that have had dynasties like New England.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5807 on: May 27, 2022, 12:17:52 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Haha Draymond calling a GS/Boston Finals after Shaq put him on the spot. Shaq asked him who he wanted to play, and Draymond said that it doesn't matter because they'll be playing Boston. Praised the matchup problems we create. Think they clearly would prefer to play Miami over Boston. Bring it on!

« Reply #5808 on: May 27, 2022, 12:18:44 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The Dallas mavs had no business being in a conference finals. Injuries played a significant part, but this was the least difficult western conference in what, 12 years? I remember there was some idiot arguing it was the stronger conference this year. Celtics, bucks, warriors, 76ers, nets and suns were the best teams heading into the playoff healthy. Can west make a comeback next year?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 12:26:25 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #5809 on: May 27, 2022, 12:23:23 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think people felt this way with Durant. Now with the core being much older they are a little more likable.

« Reply #5810 on: May 27, 2022, 01:41:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Was rewatching the 2008 Celtics Game 6 ending and trophy celebration. Hearing KG scream "Anything's possible!!!" and Paul Pierce hoisting the Finals MVP and Larry O'Brien trophy. All the confetti falling and a sea of green. Dreaming to see that similar scenario unfold this June with this squad.

Looking back, we could've went on a serious 5peat if not for:

2009- KG blowing his knee out
2010- Perkins going down in Game 6 and refs rigging Game 7
2011- Shaq/Jermaine O'Neal being injured
2012- Jeff Green/Chris Wilcox hurt but could've provided depth against LeBron and co in Game 6.

« Reply #5811 on: May 27, 2022, 01:45:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
The Dallas mavs had no business being in a conference finals. Injuries played a significant part, but this was the least difficult western conference in what, 12 years? I remember there was some idiot arguing it was the stronger conference this year. Celtics, bucks, warriors, 76ers, nets and suns were the best teams heading into the playoff healthy. Can west make a comeback next year?

Warriors lucked out with Murray and MPJ out. Warriors lucked out with Ja Morant injured (they'd seriously lose if Morant played). Warriors lucked out with Tim Hardaway Jr hurt.

Meanwhile, the C's had to play superstar duo Durant/Irving, the best player in the world Giannis, and the number 1 defense Miami Heat

« Reply #5812 on: May 27, 2022, 01:48:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Not really comparable. What New England did in football is much harder to do than what Golden State has done in basketball - hence why there are other teams which have been just as dominant as GSW, but none that have had dynasties like New England.

I mean I guess yeah. Durant went over and helped win two. The Pats were just straight dominant for two decades, crazy. Will never see another team like that again

« Reply #5813 on: May 27, 2022, 06:23:35 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Funny reading warriors fans say Boston will be easy from the comments I have read.

Not getting ahead of tonight. But the Warriors haven't faced a team defensively like Boston. We played them well in the regular season and actually have ALWAYS played them well in the Brad Stevens era. If I remember we broke their 20 something game win streak with IT4

Even Fred toucher was saying "Celtics fans will be surprised to see the ball go in the rim not playing bums anymore" which is kind of a discredit to the celts defense the last three rounds.

« Reply #5814 on: May 27, 2022, 07:24:11 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Funny reading warriors fans say Boston will be easy from the comments I have read.

Not getting ahead of tonight. But the Warriors haven't faced a team defensively like Boston. We played them well in the regular season and actually have ALWAYS played them well in the Brad Stevens era. If I remember we broke their 20 something game win streak with IT4

Even Fred toucher was saying "Celtics fans will be surprised to see the ball go in the rim not playing bums anymore" which is kind of a discredit to the celts defense the last three rounds.

I do think the Celts (if they make the Finals) would have a good chance against the Warriors if they’re healthy, but their defense these last two rounds I feel has been overrated.  The Bucks and Heat are not good offensively, and there have been plenty of missed open shots that the Warriors would make them pay for.  However, Rob and Smart have been banged up most of these last two series, and it had shown.  I’m hopefully nearly a week off can get them to as close as 100% as you can expect in June

« Reply #5815 on: May 27, 2022, 07:32:50 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I’m surprise Dallas won a game..I said before they started, Dallas be lucky to win a game..Phoenix had better chance of beating Warriors than Mavericks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5816 on: May 27, 2022, 08:39:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
People always love to hate the dominant team or player, but Golden State does make it easy.  Draymond is one of the dirtiest least likeable players in the sport (He is smart, which makes him an excellent broadcaster, but he just isn't likeable as a player).  I've always found Curry to be a bit of phoney and his gamesmanship (which Kerr also has in spades) doesn't help.  And of course, the whole Durant time just made it so much worse both because Durant is so unlikeable and also because it felt like the easy way out after the Cavs came back on them in the Finals. 

For New England, Bill made it so easy to dislike them with all his let's just go to right up to the line into the gray area stuff (I mean the Southpark episode on him cheating is fantastic).  Brady also seemingly has it all and took a lot less money than he could have which is great for the team, but also makes it seem unfair to fans of other teams.  If Brady had been paid like Manning was or Rodgers still is, I don't know that New England wins as much as they do as their roster wouldn't have been as good so that further creates the perception that New England was a bunch of "cheats".
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5817 on: May 27, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Haha Draymond calling a GS/Boston Finals after Shaq put him on the spot. Shaq asked him who he wanted to play, and Draymond said that it doesn't matter because they'll be playing Boston. Praised the matchup problems we create. Think they clearly would prefer to play Miami over Boston. Bring it on!

Didn’t need Draymond giving Miami some bulletin board material.

« Reply #5818 on: May 27, 2022, 12:54:25 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Didn’t need Draymond giving Miami some bulletin board material.

If the Heat needed Draymond Green to hype them up, then they already lost.

« Reply #5819 on: May 27, 2022, 01:38:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I’m surprise Dallas won a game..I said before they started, Dallas be lucky to win a game..Phoenix had better chance of beating Warriors than Mavericks

Yeah I don't disagree but also the Warriors just seem locked in. Maybe Phoenix would force them to go 6 games but I still think GSW wins it. And I had Suns > Warriors in 6 as my WCF prediction before the postseason began lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller