Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 564835 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #615 on: November 21, 2021, 11:11:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I love it! Sign this guy up as a Celtic!

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1462579853870264320

Seriously?

The way Stewart behaved was embarrassing! He pushed over his own coaches (hard), then pretended to relax so they would let you go, just so you could run at LeBron again? If you are Dwane Casey how can you trust Stewart anymore?

If you are the Pistons owner, you've finally shaken off the 'thug' label with sponsors ect. now Stewart will allow the media to bring up a dead subject.

If Stewart was going to do something, he had ample time to do it when him and LeBron were inches away from each other mouthing off...but he didn't.

Finally and most importantly, he lost Detroit the game pure and simple.

He's an idiot.
Well LeBron tried to call it an accident then when people got in between he started to mouth off that's why Stewart lost it. The Lakers have done this a few times. They mob guy's and try to get words in after guys are separated. Stewart should have just nailed the nearest Laker that was talking smack we all know LeBron isn't ever going to fight someone.

I also believe lebron said something that escalated the situation, and the announcers on nba tv had the same theory (and it is very rare they will criticize Lebron). I’m not really defending Stewart’s fake calm down then charge routine. As a rotation caliber player this could seriously impact his career length or next contract (in addition to whatever lengthy suspension he gets). However let’s not act like it was not an extreme cheap shot by Lebron frustrated his sun .500 team was losing to a bunch of 22-25 year olds.

I am sure you're right, but Stewart acted like a child throwing a tantrum.

IMO, LeBron lashed out after Stewart pushed towards his face, yes he threw out his elbow but he almost apologies in the same motion, it was unintentionally contact with Stewart's head.

When Stewart decided to explode, the situation was over. LeBron would have been ejected and after being stitched up, he would have helped Detroit win the game comfortably.

?????

The video clearly shows Lebron turning his head, looking straight at Stewart, and then throwing an elbow/punch to the face. It's hard to look at that and think 'unintentional',  and there's nothing there that remotely resembles any consideration of apologizing.

https://twitter.com/devinnotbooker/status/1462599807529369601?s=21

There are plenty of hills to stand on for defending Lebron, but this stuff that happened tonight aint one of them.

Plus, if Stewart didn't go after Lebron, there's no way Lebron was getting ejected. The refs were gonna call a flagrant 1 and move on.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 11:18:44 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #616 on: November 21, 2021, 11:18:32 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Seriously?

The way Stewart behaved was embarrassing! He pushed over his own coaches (hard), then pretended to relax so they would let you go, just so you could run at LeBron again? If you are Dwane Casey how can you trust Stewart anymore?

If you are the Pistons owner, you've finally shaken off the 'thug' label with sponsors ect. now Stewart will allow the media to bring up a dead subject.

If Stewart was going to do something, he had ample time to do it when him and LeBron were inches away from each other mouthing off...but he didn't.

He's an idiot.

Ed I respect you as a poster a lot so don’t want to be too harsh with you here, but your take that Stewart lost them this game seems absolutely insane. In addition to getting the best or second best player on the floor ejected in exchange for himself (a role player) he also even got his team an extra foul shot out of the exchange cause it was a flagrant and a tech against lakers versus two techs against Detroit. If you have Detroit the chance of having Stewart and Lebron scratched from a game they would jump at the chance every time. How did this cost them the game?

I watched the 4th quarter and the incident fired up the Lakers.

Westbrook was p---ed off and because LeBron was tossed, he was able to dominate the ball like in Oklahoma...he scored 15 points in the 4th quarter. Without Stewart guarding Davis, he had a comfortable 10 points (100%).

The Lakers as a team shot 26% in the 3rd quarter...in the 4th they shot 67%.

Westbrook was hitting pull up jumpers and three pointers for a lot of his buckets. The same shots he has bricked most of the season and will continue to brick the rest of the season. Also the lakers actually played worse after the incident falling being by their largest deficit of the game. It wasn’t until the 4th quarter like 40 minutes later in real time and 10 minutes of game time they played better. This theory just doesn’t make much sense.

Edit you realize this incident didn’t happen at end of third right? There was 9:18 left. I don’t get how their shooting percentage in third shows anything.

Yes I know, Westbrook was taken out for Rondo with 6 minutes left in the 3rd to compose himself after the ejections.

But Westbrook was given control of the team and the ball in the 4th and went on a rampage, this would not have happened if LeBron was in the game. Like i alluded to earlier Stewart was doing a solid job defending Davis and without him they have no defensive back ups.

Although Stewart is only a role player, he is one of their most important players because they have no other rim protectors.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #617 on: November 21, 2021, 11:58:58 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
ESPN's attempt to make the situation in Detroit all about Isiah Stewart is disgusting. They have a video labeling it a swipe of the face. The video has announcers calling Lebron's blatant elbow inadvertent and saying they didn't see much wrong. ESPN is doing everything they can to downplay Lebron's cheap and dangerous elbow makes me ill

Wasn’t it actually a closed fist “backwards punch” and not an elbow?

« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2021, 12:03:26 AM »

Kiorrik

ESPN's attempt to make the situation in Detroit all about Isiah Stewart is disgusting. They have a video labeling it a swipe of the face. The video has announcers calling Lebron's blatant elbow inadvertent and saying they didn't see much wrong. ESPN is doing everything they can to downplay Lebron's cheap and dangerous elbow makes me ill

Wasn’t it actually a closed fist “backwards punch” and not an elbow?

It was a "LET ME GO" flail.

It happened to hit an eye.

Just a dumb, dumb move.

I'm sure he didn't mean to hit the guy in the eye but he sure wasn't avoiding it at that moment.

Combination of adrenaline and rage because they were losing to the Pistons.

Not roids.

... definitely not roids.

« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2021, 12:12:28 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Seriously?

He's an idiot.

Ed I respect you as a poster a lot so don’t want to be too harsh with you here, but your take that Stewart lost them this game seems absolutely insane. In addition to getting the best or second best player on the floor ejected in exchange for himself (a role player) he also even got his team an extra foul shot out of the exchange cause it was a flagrant and a tech against lakers versus two techs against Detroit. If you have Detroit the chance of having Stewart and Lebron scratched from a game they would jump at the chance every time. How did this cost them the game?

I watched the 4th quarter and the incident fired up the Lakers.

Westbrook was p---ed off and because LeBron was tossed, he was able to dominate the ball like in Oklahoma...he scored 15 points in the 4th quarter. Without Stewart guarding Davis, he had a comfortable 10 points (100%).

The Lakers as a team shot 26% in the 3rd quarter...in the 4th they shot 67%.

Westbrook was hitting pull up jumpers and three pointers for a lot of his buckets. The same shots he has bricked most of the season and will continue to brick the rest of the season. Also the lakers actually played worse after the incident falling being by their largest deficit of the game. It wasn’t until the 4th quarter like 40 minutes later in real time and 10 minutes of game time they played better. This theory just doesn’t make much sense.

Edit you realize this incident didn’t happen at end of third right? There was 9:18 left. I don’t get how their shooting percentage in third shows anything.

Yes I know, Westbrook was taken out for Rondo with 6 minutes left in the 3rd to compose himself after the ejections.

But Westbrook was given control of the team and the ball in the 4th and went on a rampage, this would not have happened if LeBron was in the game. Like i alluded to earlier Stewart was doing a solid job defending Davis and without him they have no defensive back ups.

Although Stewart is only a role player, he is one of their most important players because they have no other rim protectors.

Ed while some of these points are reasonable. You are still basically arguing that stewart is more important in this matchup to the pistons than Lebron is to the lakers. That is a pretty tough sell. It also seems to ignoring the fact that the pistons outplayed the lakers for 8 minutes of game time after the fight. This isn’t a life changing argument for me. I’m bummed the lakers won the game regardless. Tp for the discussion.

« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2021, 12:14:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Seriously?

He's an idiot.
Well LeBron tried to call it an accident then when people got in between he started to mouth off that's why Stewart lost it. The Lakers have done this a few times. They mob guy's and try to get words in after guys are separated. Stewart should have just nailed the nearest Laker that was talking smack we all know LeBron isn't ever going to fight someone.

I also believe lebron said something that escalated the situation, and the announcers on nba tv had the same theory (and it is very rare they will criticize Lebron). I’m not really defending Stewart’s fake calm down then charge routine. As a rotation caliber player this could seriously impact his career length or next contract (in addition to whatever lengthy suspension he gets). However let’s not act like it was not an extreme cheap shot by Lebron frustrated his sun .500 team was losing to a bunch of 22-25 year olds.

He's not even of legal drinking age, so him not being in full control of his emotions isn't that odd
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2021, 12:15:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Can we all imagine for a second how long LeBron would have been on the floor rolling around as if he'd been shot if the roles were reversed?

« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2021, 12:16:27 AM »

Kiorrik

Seriously?

He's an idiot.

He's not even of legal drinking age, so him not being in full control of his emotions isn't that odd

Also, dunno what LeBron said after punching his eye socket so hard that blood was legit everywhere, but it wasn't "I'm sorry, didn't mean to injure you".

« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2021, 12:23:42 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Kevin Porter Jr played 29 mins and had 25 pts, 5ast, 4reb. Shot 9-16 from the field and 5-9 from 3pt. Best player on either team in tonight’s game.

So glad the C’s held on to Tacko, Waters, Edwards, And Green instead of giving him a shot. Well played.

This is preseason. ;)

He dropped 50 in a regular season game last year.

Checked in on Kevin Porter Jr.‘s stats since we’re seeing him tomorrow, and discovered he’s shooting worse than Smart on the year.

« Reply #624 on: November 22, 2021, 12:36:17 AM »

Kiorrik

Kevin Porter Jr played 29 mins and had 25 pts, 5ast, 4reb. Shot 9-16 from the field and 5-9 from 3pt. Best player on either team in tonight’s game.

So glad the C’s held on to Tacko, Waters, Edwards, And Green instead of giving him a shot. Well played.

This is preseason. ;)

Checked in on Kevin Porter Jr.‘s stats since we’re seeing him tomorrow, and discovered he’s shooting worse than Smart on the year.

He's 5th in the league though.

(in turnovers hehehe)

« Reply #625 on: November 22, 2021, 03:16:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

This is preseason. ;)

Brandon Jennings with less talent

« Reply #626 on: November 22, 2021, 05:23:34 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Knicks learning why we passed on walker and Fournier
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #627 on: November 22, 2021, 07:21:08 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Knicks learning why we passed on walker and Fournier
Agree
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2021, 07:32:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
See if NBA suspends James for a game..I say they wont

« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2021, 07:47:05 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Michael Porter may be out for the season..no way I would had given him that contract extension & bet Denver are regretting it