Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558577 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1245 on: January 14, 2022, 12:23:47 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Mentioned on the nuggets blazers game that the blazers lose their first round pick this year unless it is in the lottery. Then theorized the second half of season is going to be something of a tank palooza in the west.

« Reply #1246 on: January 14, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Trade tidbit: Interesting that only $5mil of Gallinari's $20mil deal is guaranteed. That is a strong rival to Boston's contract of Al Horford where $14mil of $26mil is guaranteed.

Good opportunity for Atlanta to be able to out-bid Boston in terms of salary relief in a larger trade at the trade deadline or next summer.

And Atlanta are pretty desperate to make a deal. To shake things up and try to compete for a title ASAP.

« Reply #1247 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
GSW up 40 against the Bulls. No Klay today.

Chemistry is back even without Draymond.

« Reply #1248 on: January 14, 2022, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Trade tidbit: Interesting that only $5mil of Gallinari's $20mil deal is guaranteed. That is a strong rival to Boston's contract of Al Horford where $14mil of $26mil is guaranteed.

Good opportunity for Atlanta to be able to out-bid Boston in terms of salary relief in a larger trade at the trade deadline or next summer.

And Atlanta are pretty desperate to make a deal. To shake things up and try to compete for a title ASAP.
What if Hawks are look at getting cap space? Bog and Hunter for Al, and a protected pick?

« Reply #1249 on: January 14, 2022, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I’m not sure what they would offer but I could see ATL kicking the tires on a Smart trade. In theory he is a nice fit next to Young.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #1250 on: January 16, 2022, 01:23:48 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow, the Nuggets eviscerated the Lakers. LeBron James and Westbrook weren't enough

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1251 on: January 16, 2022, 01:24:11 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
KD with a sprained left knee and left the game tonight. Wow

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1252 on: January 16, 2022, 05:34:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Be great to see Lakers miss playoffs!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1253 on: January 16, 2022, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
 My biggest fear is that some team is actually going to help the Lakers and take Westbrook in a trade. It sounds ridiculous but I feel like nowadays especially even the bad players or those with ridiculous contracts are moved in creative deals, but it'd be nice if the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook for a while. They aren't going anywhere at all with him as the 2nd/3rd piece on the team regardless how good Lebron is
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1254 on: January 16, 2022, 12:04:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
My biggest fear is that some team is actually going to help the Lakers and take Westbrook in a trade. It sounds ridiculous but I feel like nowadays especially even the bad players or those with ridiculous contracts are moved in creative deals, but it'd be nice if the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook for a while. They aren't going anywhere at all with him as the 2nd/3rd piece on the team regardless how good Lebron is
I'd say LA is able to move Westbrook in a deal but I don't see any way they get anything good back in that deal. And they ain't winning without getting more talent from somewhere.

« Reply #1255 on: January 16, 2022, 12:05:25 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

It’s tough to imagine any team being seriously interested in Westbrook at his salary.  He’d completely change how your team plays.  A good team isn’t going to want that upheaval, even if they think he has something left in the tank. And a bad team isn’t going to want that salary if they aren’t getting picks for it — and the Lakers don’t have those picks.

« Reply #1256 on: January 16, 2022, 03:48:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

It’s tough to imagine any team being seriously interested in Westbrook at his salary.  He’d completely change how your team plays.  A good team isn’t going to want that upheaval, even if they think he has something left in the tank. And a bad team isn’t going to want that salary if they aren’t getting picks for it — and the Lakers don’t have those picks.

I agree, but that's just my fear. Someone could end up bailing them out this offseason or something.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1257 on: January 16, 2022, 08:47:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Garrison Mathews with a good night. The Celtics seem to hold to guys they never play for guys who go to other teams and contribute off the bench. The Celtics really need to prioritize shooting going forward.

« Reply #1258 on: January 16, 2022, 08:48:50 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I agree, but that's just my fear. Someone could end up bailing them out this offseason or something.

Wall for Westbrook?

« Reply #1259 on: January 16, 2022, 08:52:46 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Wall for Westbrook?

Maybe, but Wall isn’t going to help any more than Westbrook, and the Rockets are only doing that if the Lakers give them something anyway.