Author Topic: Looking for a replacement FBB GM for Y! H2H 6-Keeper League  (Read 72538 times)

Re: Looking for a replacement FBB GM for Y! H2H 6-Keeper League
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I don't do fantasy basketball, but looking at the roster I can see why the GM left. That is a terrible team.

With the highlighted keepers, it's not a terrible team. With a good draft and some waiver-wire work, that team could compete for a top playoff spot.

Curious. Where did this team finish last year?

The team finished 15th out of 16 teams, with only two moves on the season. The lack of moves indicates that the manager wasn't very active. The top 2 teams had 49 and 39 moves respectively.

Mk
Even with the keeper players that is terrible mk.

1 top 30 player in the league in those keepers....maybe....depending on how you rate Mitchell? And only 2 top 75 players? In a 16 team league with zero expectations that any of the top 25 players becoming available?

It’s terrible, but hopefully they’ll have some shots at talent in the draft.  Rookies will be unprotected.

That's a tough sell.  Never mind top 25.  You're talikng top 90.

I love keeper leagues, but there has to be some premium on keeping guys.  Adding salary or contract years maximum etc...Otherwise there will never be any turnover.

That said, if you let me know when the draft is, I'd be willing to foster the team until you find a permanent owner.

Thanks Redz, The draft is the following Sunday 10/3@9PM. I will let you know if I need a temp-manager.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Re: Looking for a replacement FBB GM for Y! H2H 6-Keeper League
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I don't do fantasy basketball, but looking at the roster I can see why the GM left. That is a terrible team.

With the highlighted keepers, it's not a terrible team. With a good draft and some waiver-wire work, that team could compete for a top playoff spot.

Curious. Where did this team finish last year?

The team finished 15th out of 16 teams, with only two moves on the season. The lack of moves indicates that the manager wasn't very active. The top 2 teams had 49 and 39 moves respectively.

Mk
Even with the keeper players that is terrible mk.

1 top 30 player in the league in those keepers....maybe....depending on how you rate Mitchell? And only 2 top 75 players? In a 16 team league with zero expectations that any of the top 25 players becoming available?

It’s terrible, but hopefully they’ll have some shots at talent in the draft.  Rookies will be unprotected.

That's a tough sell.  Never mind top 25.  You're talikng top 90.

I love keeper leagues, but there has to be some premium on keeping guys.  Adding salary or contract years maximum etc...Otherwise there will never be any turnover.

That said, if you let me know when the draft is, I'd be willing to foster the team until you find a permanent owner.
Bridges finished last year in the top 10 (at least based on totals).  By average, Bridges, Mitchell, and Ball were all top 50 and Fox was 63 (Ball, Fox and Mitchell missed a bunch of games or they may have been higher from a totals standpoint).  Robinson was 88 (Lopez was 79) and Isaac obviously didn't play. 

So yeah no top tier talent, but a lot of 3rd round type talent (remember the 48th pick is still in the 3rd round).  Plus, they get the 2nd pick in the draft to get a top of the line rookie. 

The team with Giannis finished 3rd worst (they also had SGA and Randle).  The 4th worst team had Tatum and Porter Jr.  I just think there isn't a real recognition of what a 16 team league actually entails.  Everyone starts a bunch of awful players.  I mean I'm trying to decide do I keep Evan Fournier, Larry Nance, or Isiah Stewart as my 6th keeper?  Those guys blow, yet I'm going to have to keep one of them (or someone like Kevin Love who can't stay healthy).  So yeah, you see that team doesn't have a premier player, but it has a lot of solid depth from the keeper spot, which sometimes is better than just have an injury prone top tier talent and a bunch of crap in the middle.

I've been running a longterm keeper rotisserie league for a long long time (30th season!).  We have 14 teams, 15 man rosters, Farm rosters for rookie draft and IR...So I hear ya on the nuance of a super deep league.  You really need to shuttle those short term free agents through - guys who step in while a starter in injured etc.  I love finding those nuggets though (the hidden gems, not the guys from Denver - unless they happen to be Will Barton before anyone expected much from him).
Yup