Author Topic: Simmons Stock at All-Time Low / 3-Way Trade W/GSW & PHI  (Read 10294 times)

Re: Simmons Stock at All-Time Low / 3-Way Trade W/GSW & PHI
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2021, 01:21:31 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Doubt Simmons can yield anything like in the OP. Let’s say this drags on into the new year and Ben lists a few teams he’d be willing to go to with Boston on the list. Let’s say both the Celtics and 76ers need to dramatically mix it up. Thoughts on this:

Four simultaneous trades:

BOS In: Simmons
PHI In: Schröder, Nesmith, Langford, Richardson, Juancho, Parker, 2022 1st swap, 2023 1st, 2024 1st swap, 2025 1st (two protected firsts and two swaps so Philly can save face, especially when you consider the three players below they’d be giving to us for TPEs)

BOS In: Seth Curry
PHI In: BOS TPE

BOS In: Danny Green

BOS In: Paul Reed

Our shook-up roster:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green/Hauser
Simmons/Williams/Reed
Horford/Timelord/Kanter/Fernando

We’d have our Big 3 all in their mid-20s, solid vets who can take turns rising up as the fourth option (Horford, Smart, Green, Curry), and three promising young guys (Timelord, Pritchard, and Reed).

Heading into the off-season we’d still have a 2022 1st and a solid ten, so we’d just need to add some ring-chasing vets and be on our way:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green
Simmons/Reed
Horford/Timelord
Sixers wouldn't take that garbage trade. 

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Doubt Simmons can yield anything like in the OP. Let’s say this drags on into the new year and Ben lists a few teams he’d be willing to go to with Boston on the list. Let’s say both the Celtics and 76ers need to dramatically mix it up. Thoughts on this:

PHI In: Schröder, Nesmith, Langford, Richardson, Juancho, Parker, 2022 1st swap, 2023 1st, 2024 1st swap, 2025 1st (two protected firsts and two swaps so Philly can save face, especially when you consider the three players below they’d be giving to us for TPEs)

Our shook-up roster:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green/Hauser
Simmons/Williams/Reed

We’d have our Big 3 all in their mid-20s, solid vets who can take turns rising up as the fourth option (Horford, Smart, Green, Curry), and three promising young guys (Timelord, Pritchard, and Reed).

Heading into the off-season we’d still have a 2022 1st and a solid ten, so we’d just need to add some ring-chasing vets and be on our way:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green
Simmons/Reed
Horford/Timelord

Personally think they’ll be lucky to get two firsts and two first-round swaps at this point. Maybe a third first-rounder would be needed, but Seth Curry and Danny Green are old, and it looks like Paul Reed may not translate outside G-League.

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 02:43:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Our shook-up roster:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green/Hauser
Simmons/Williams/Reed

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green
Simmons/Reed
Horford/Timelord

Personally think they’ll be lucky to get two firsts and two first-round swaps at this point. Maybe a third first-rounder would be needed, but Seth Curry and Danny Green are old, and it looks like Paul Reed may not translate outside G-League.
Seth Curry is probably the 2nd best player in the trade and a very good fit with Embiid.  The Sixers already had Richardson and they traded him to get Curry.  None of the other players are even starter caliber.  Its also a 6 player for 4 player trade so the Sixers would have to dump 2 other players to make it work.  The picks would be in the 20s and the swaps wouldn't occur because we'd finish better than them. 

The Sixers could trade Simmons for Hield and Bagley anytime that they want to.  Which would be much better than your proposed trade. 

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2021, 04:37:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Our shook-up roster:

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green/Hauser
Simmons/Williams/Reed

Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Curry
Tatum/Green
Simmons/Reed
Horford/Timelord

Yeah, maybe for Simmons they'd be lucky to get 4 firsts. But not Simmons + extra
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

The Celtics are interested in trading for Ben Simmons, per
@ShamsCharania

Any deal for Simmons would have to include Jaylen Brown
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

Probably coming from Philly's side and there's nothing to this. But I can't miss the opportunity to post this GIF again so...

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2021, 10:29:58 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

What? Is the universe trying to repair a fundamental tear in time/space caused by the Tatum/Fultz deal?

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

I’ll say it. If Stevens trades Jaylen for Simmons I will relinquish my Celtics fandom.

Luckily there’s no way that happens.

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 869
Simmons stock at all time low, until tomorrow or next month when it will be even lower.

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »

Kiorrik

C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

I’ll say it. If Stevens trades Jaylen for Simmons I will relinquish my Celtics fandom.

This horse. I'm on it. Even if it does end up riding us outta town.

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 05:09:43 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

I would be devastated and shocked if we did it also. Brown is on a much better contract (makes about 30 million less over next three years). Brown also seems to like being a Celtic and it is unclear how much Simmons even likes playing basketball. also if simmmons came here and started playing immediately I would have a real problem with him because he would really be damaging all the progress that has been with mental health in sports and mental health with men in general in our society. It would basically prove he was faking it to just get paid which is, unfortunately, a very real concern in most workplaces in our country. If you say you are having a mental health issue and need some time off it is treated very differently than if you break your arm in all but the most progressive companies. A high profile version of a person being proven to fake it would really be a set back for mental health stigma.

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2021, 05:12:43 PM »

Kiorrik

C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

I would be devastated and shocked if we did it also. Brown is on a much better contract (makes about 30 million less over next three years). Brown also seems to like being a Celtic and it is unclear how much Simmons even likes playing basketball. also if simmmons came here and started playing immediately I would have a real problem with him because he would really be damaging all the progress that has been with mental health in sports and mental health with men in general in our society. It would basically prove he was faking it to just get paid which is, unfortunately, a very real concern in most workplaces in our country. If you say you are having a mental health issue and need some time off it is treated very differently than if you break your arm in all but the most progressive companies. A high profile version of a person being proven to fake it would really be a set back for mental health stigma.

At this point I wouldn't even trade Smart for him straight up.

Talent is nice and all but I'd rather have Smart's occasional mistakes than literally not taking a layup, disappearing in entire fourth quarters consistently, and pouty pouty no training camp pouty.

Mental health issues or not; that's not someone I'd hire for a team that's trying to win it all.

Especially not with the team already struggling with mental toughness, consistency and closing out games...

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2021, 06:47:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

Talent is nice and all but I'd rather have Smart's occasional mistakes than literally not taking a layup, disappearing in entire fourth quarters consistently, and pouty pouty no training camp pouty.

Mental health issues or not; that's not someone I'd hire for a team that's trying to win it all.

Especially not with the team already struggling with mental toughness, consistency and closing out games...

You must be joking? Smart? The worst Starting PG in the NBA? That guy?

At this point it's worth the gamble that Simmons plays extremely motivated for being embarrassed like  nobody's business. 

Then we could flip Simmons again and get the player of our choice. It could go badly but you could always trade him for crap value,  however Smart at almost 80 million is just God awful.

Remember that Simmoms is three times the defender that Smart is at this point. 6'10" can guard anyone.

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »

Kiorrik

C's/Sixers talking? 

Per B/R Twitter:

@ShamsCharania

You must be joking? Smart? The worst Starting PG in the NBA? That guy?

At this point it's worth the gamble that Simmons plays extremely motivated for being embarrassed like  nobody's business. 

Then we could flip Simmons again and get the player of our choice. It could go badly but you could always trade him for crap value,  however Smart at almost 80 million is just God awful.

Remember that Simmoms is three times the defender that Smart is at this point. 6'10" can guard anyone.

Not from the cheap seats he can't.

And we get angry at Smart for a couple bad moves when it matters?

And now we go get Mister "fail when it matters" himself????/

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »

Kiorrik

I think my point isn't as much that "I wouldn't trade X for Simmons".

It's more; "I actively do not want to see this Simmons dude on this team I love."