ONLY IN AMERICA :
MASS SHOOTING CYCLE :
1. A crazed gunman, sometimes as young as 14, opens fire, slaughtering innocent individuals in a supermarket, school, church, workplace or at a concert. A community is devastated.
2. Politicians immediately line up along partisan lines. Republicans quickly defend gun ownership rights and claim guns are not the problem. Democrats weakly offer compromised and ineffective solutions to the senseless violence. All offer their "thoughts and prayers."
3. When the story breaks, MSM immediately focuses on the profile of the shooter, a possible motive, the number of fatalities and how the massacre unfolded. MSM is careful to avoid any meaningful discussion which focuses on the root(s) of the problem.
4. The news of the mass shooting catches the attention of the American public for three days. By the fourth day, the massacre slowly starts to fade from public memory. The general public doesn't like the frequent, senseless violence, but it's no big deal because they haven't lost a loved one to the violence epidemic in America.
5. The next mass shooting happens 4 days, 2 weeks or a month later and the entire insane cycle repeats itself.