Author Topic: Danny's House For Sale  (Read 13080 times)

Danny's House For Sale
« on: June 25, 2021, 08:46:24 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/M3543866599

I'm always fascinated by how people keep their homes.  I wonder, is this the Ainge's furniture / decorating style, or is it completely staged?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Danny's House For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:02 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I'm always fascinated by how people keep their homes.  I wonder, is this the Ainge's furniture / decorating style, or is it completely staged?

I don’t think it’s staged. Some of the pictures look to be of old teammates. Golf room is decked out in Celtics memorabilia. Really like the in-ground trampoline underneath the basketball hoop. That’s a nice feature.  :D
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

The question is, does he have a Ray Allen jersey up there and was cropped out?

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I was just going to write that hahaha. Tp.

Ray Allen who?  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:24:11 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I had no idea where Danny lived. If I haven’t walked by that house I have driven by it. My cousin and her husband live just down the street and my uncle and another cousin are less than a mile away.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 12:09:12 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I'm sure a stager came through, with some of the stuff and layout being the Ainge family, and some brought in for the purposes of display.  Obviously they're going to leave Ainge's rec room space as is, because you want to remind anyone who looks at it that this is Danny Ainge's house.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 12:16:06 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'm sure a stager came through, with some of the stuff and layout being the Ainge family, and some brought in for the purposes of display.  Obviously they're going to leave Ainge's rec room space as is, because you want to remind anyone who looks at it that this is Danny Ainge's house.

Especially since it’s going for almost a million more that what neighboring houses are appraised at. That basketball trampoline and indoor golf simulation don’t add that much value.

Think Danny will give Tatum a deal if he wants it for his fam?

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 01:28:43 PM »

Offline President Red

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 40
He's been in that house (or someplace else nearby) for a long time.  I went to Babson College in the late '80s, and friends of mine back then who jogged mentioned sometimes seeing him in his driveway when they passed his house.  (They reported that he would acknowledge them with a friendly wave.)  Looking at the map on this home listing, I see that this very nice home was only about 300 yards from my crummy dorm.  He and I should have hung out!

(Update:  I see the listing says the home was built in 2003.  He either was in another home at that location, or bought this one near his old home when he returned to Boston.  If he and I had hung out, I would know the real story.  Now I feel even worse about neglecting him back in my college days; I was a terrible friend!)

(Second Update:  No, I'm not stalking him, but . . . . Public records show that in 1986 he bought a place on Ordway Road where he lived until 1989.  That's just around the corner from the place he's selling now (and basically across the street from my old dorm).  He must be really attached to that neighborhood.  It's surprising that he's leaving now.  I wonder if this is due to a job opportunity elsewhere.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 01:56:15 PM by President Red »

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He's been in that house (or someplace else nearby) for a long time.  I went to Babson College in the late '80s, and friends of mine back then who jogged mentioned sometimes seeing him in his driveway when they passed his house.  (They reported that he would acknowledge them with a friendly wave.)  Looking at the map on this home listing, I see that this very nice home was only about 300 yards from my crummy dorm.  He and I should have hung out!

(Update:  I see the listing says the home was built in 2003.  He either was in another home at that location, or bought this one near his old home when he returned to Boston.  If he and I had hung out, I would know the real story.  Now I feel even worse about neglecting him back in my college days; I was a terrible friend!)
I have some friends that went to Babson in the 80's. Wonder if you know them.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 01:57:54 PM »

Offline President Red

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 40
I was there from '87 until '90, when I moved back to Florida.  I haven't kept in touch with too many people from college, I'm sorry to say.  Who did you know there?  (Feel free to direct message me, if you prefer.)

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 03:37:16 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Yes, he does have the Ray Allen jersey up there:

https://nesn.com/2021/06/danny-ainge-posts-curiously-timed-tweet-after-photo-of-home-shows-no-signs-of-ray-allen/

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
haha

my first thought was : no young kids!
all that white wouldn't last a day!

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 04:48:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Especially since it’s going for almost a million more that what neighboring houses are appraised at. That basketball trampoline and indoor golf simulation don’t add that much value.

Uh, yeah, I was wondering about that. Don’t know the area or anything, but that didn’t strike me as a $4.5 Million property.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 04:57:08 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Uh, yeah, I was wondering about that. Don’t know the area or anything, but that didn’t strike me as a $4.5 Million property.

It’s not crazily priced.  On a $/sft measurement, it’s the cheapest listing in his neighborhood.  It’s got the most square feet, so it costs the most, but it’s not out of line for Wellesley, especially given how hot the real estate market is.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The real estate market around there is a joke. 4.5 mil for that little shack ridiculous