Author Topic: CelticsBlog 17years Old  (Read 18017 times)

Re: CelticsBlog 17years Old
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
I came here when KG was brought in. I backed off the Celtics when Pitino fired Red. I love Red and it just wasn't the Celtics. I tuned back in in 2007 and lurked on the forum all these years. Didn't get involved til this year.

Like any loved one, I love this forum but it also angers me too.

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 01:09:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So many great folks have been here over the years.  It starts with Master Po and Edgar with me.  My homeys.  I wish they were still around.  Others who have left (or slowed down) but made an impact: 

Thirstyboots, aqualung, Chris, iowaplowboy, sexyscottish, Bob Day (RIP), Edgar (my homey forever!), HomeRunBaker, hagrid, Green17, Sec322, Fafnir (who made a rare appearance recently), BBallTim, Bahku, fairweatherfan, IndeedProceed, Lucky17, LarBrd33, eja, kozlodoev, BudweisterCeltic, Cman, saltlover, Jsaad, ACF, dark lord, Drucci, celticsmaestro, Brickowski, yall hate (still involved in a fantasy baseball league that started here), Scintan, Gomesfan, SShoreFan, ehmunro, BillFromBoston, petula, hank finkel, TripleOT, Bob, SoulHonky, Overot, bostonfan23...

...  and I guarantee dozens (hundreds) of others that I have missed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 01:19:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
So many great folks have been here over the years.  It starts with Master Po and Edgar with me.  My homeys.  I wish they were still around.  Others who have left (or slowed down) but made an impact: 

Thirstyboots, aqualung, Chris, iowaplowboy, sexyscottish, Bob Day (RIP), Edgar (my homey forever!), HomeRunBaker, hagrid, Green17, Sec322, Fafnir (who made a rare appearance recently), BBallTim, Bahku, fairweatherfan, IndeedProceed, Lucky17, LarBrd33, eja, kozlodoev, BudweisterCeltic, Cman, saltlover, Jsaad, ACF, dark lord, Drucci, celticsmaestro, Brickowski, yall hate (still involved in a fantasy baseball league that started here), Scintan, Gomesfan, SShoreFan, ehmunro, BillFromBoston, petula, hank finkel, TripleOT, Bob, SoulHonky, Overot, bostonfan23...

Holy hell. 

Those are some real blasts from the past.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 01:19:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
December 30, 2006, 03:00:14 PM

Lots of ups and downs for me and The Celtics. Goodtimes!

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 01:40:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I came here when KG was brought in. I backed off the Celtics when Pitino fired Red. I love Red and it just wasn't the Celtics. I tuned back in in 2007 and lurked on the forum all these years. Didn't get involved til this year.

KG ,  who was my favorite player and who I watched more than Boston my favorite team at the time,  was what reignited my old  passion for Celtics ball from the gory decades.  it was a dream come true . KG was my Michael Jordon of basketball.   

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 01:41:44 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
December 30, 2006, 11:20:53 AM

Have no clue on the first signup date before that move. 

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Dont forget Celtics Thug
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171

I remember LarBrd33. He could get people stirred up but was brilliant. I found myself having to read every time he commented. I wish I had gotten more involved with the forum then.

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 02:40:30 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210

I liked Edgar so much that I drafted him as one of my 3 entertainers when we did the pub draft all those years ago! My lineup is still in my signature.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Thanks to all you guys who keep it going. I don't post often but I've been around for 2 or 3 different formats that I can remember. Best place for Celtics talk anywhere, especially for someone who is way down here in Louisiana.

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18

Proud I made this list under my old name. Perhaps I can be reinstated? It’s been over a year...

steve weinman and Rondo2287 should be mentioned.

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 03:46:08 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
And what was Bill Simmons name on here? Wasn’t a frequent poster but is worth a footnote

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 03:48:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And what was Bill Simmons name on here? Wasn’t a frequent poster but is worth a footnote

Bill Simmons and Chris Wallace both posted on here once.  One of them is a genuinely good human being, and the other is an incredibly insecure dirtbag.  I’ll let you guess who is who.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I remember LarBrd33. He could get people stirred up but was brilliant. I found myself having to read every time he commented. I wish I had gotten more involved with the forum then.

I've mentioned it before, but LB is all over Celtics Reddit and also has a fairly popular podcast. If you enjoy his content - as I always have - you will find tons of it over there; and people really seem to respect what he has to say. And when they don't, he kills it as only LB can do with over-explanation and twisting what he means to fit a new narrative (I kid, knowing this comment will make its way over to him  :P )

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

No a big Vitaly Potapenko fan?

;D