Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 175223 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #915 on: November 25, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm so glad the Pats have decent coaching. MY GOD that Bears-Lions game was brutal to watch. Coaching was really bad from both sides and the Lions coaching staff were flat out terrible those final 2-3 minutes. Calling 2 timeouts back-to-back which led to a penalty, and also on 3rd and 4 there why on earth are all the DBs playing 10 yards back??

Anyways, hope the Saints can help us and beat the Bills tonight!

Matt Nagy should have been fired years ago.  He's wasted quite a bit of talent in Chicago.

I admittedly haven't watched or followed the Bears that much but has he really been that bad? Felt like just a few years ago people were calling him an elite coach lol.

Some people seem to think though that the biggest issue with the Bears is their ownership. Like, they tend to meddle in the team affairs and that's why you typically see Nagy going back and forth with Dalton and Fields this season in their usage (no real plan). It's because ownership tells him "play Fields and start the future young QB now" and then Fields either gets hurt or doesn't look ready at times

Nagy is terrible. Trust me.  His in-game management is horrible. The offense is a train-wreck & the team constantly has brain farts at the absolute worst times which falls on him. If you trust local reports, he’s lost most the team. The ownership sucks, the front office sucks, the coaching staff sucks.  The organization really needs a complete overhaul.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #916 on: November 25, 2021, 04:29:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm so glad the Pats have decent coaching. MY GOD that Bears-Lions game was brutal to watch. Coaching was really bad from both sides and the Lions coaching staff were flat out terrible those final 2-3 minutes. Calling 2 timeouts back-to-back which led to a penalty, and also on 3rd and 4 there why on earth are all the DBs playing 10 yards back??

Matt Nagy should have been fired years ago.  He's wasted quite a bit of talent in Chicago.

I admittedly haven't watched or followed the Bears that much but has he really been that bad? Felt like just a few years ago people were calling him an elite coach lol.

Some people seem to think though that the biggest issue with the Bears is their ownership. Like, they tend to meddle in the team affairs and that's why you typically see Nagy going back and forth with Dalton and Fields this season in their usage (no real plan). It's because ownership tells him "play Fields and start the future young QB now" and then Fields either gets hurt or doesn't look ready at times

Nagy is terrible. Trust me.  His in-game management is horrible. The offense is a train-wreck & the team constantly has brain farts at the absolute worst times which falls on him. If you trust local reports, he’s lost most the team. The ownership sucks, the front office sucks, the coaching staff sucks.  The organization really needs a complete overhaul.

Oh okay, thanks for that info. Yikes that seems bad. Tbh it also hasn't helped much that the Bears just can't seem to get it right with QBs over the years too (as of recently: Cutler, Trubisky, etc.)

On another note, Goff still hasn't won ANY game with a coach other than McVay (just 1 tie). WOW.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #917 on: November 25, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Dallas are soooo overrated..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #918 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The lack of football IQ by several members of the Dallas defense is stunning. A well-deserved loss for the Cowboys.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #919 on: November 25, 2021, 08:38:39 PM »

Online chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210

Oh okay, thanks for that info. Yikes that seems bad. Tbh it also hasn't helped much that the Bears just can't seem to get it right with QBs over the years too (as of recently: Cutler, Trubisky, etc.)

On another note, Goff still hasn't won ANY game with a coach other than McVay (just 1 tie). WOW.
Nagy is so hated by the Chicago fanbase that not only are they chanting "Fire Nagy" at Soldiers Field, they are also are chanting "Fire Nagy" at Lake Forrest High School football games. Lake Forrest is where is son plays. That is some real stone cold hatred.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:10:20 PM by chicagoceltic »
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #920 on: November 28, 2021, 05:23:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Wasn't pretty but the Pats are now the 2 seed in the AFC! (1 seed if BAL loses tonight)

I personally still don't consider the Pats a Top-2 caliber seed in the AFC, but the AFC this season is just so bipolar and teams are dealing with injuries so they find themselves there. Wild!

Huge game against the Bills next Monday, that should be fun  ;D

Also Mac was fantastic today. Yes, a few mishaps but considering he's a rookie he looked great today and I think a few more performances like that could make him a real favorite for OROY.

« Reply #921 on: November 28, 2021, 05:51:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wasn't pretty but the Pats are now the 2 seed in the AFC! (1 seed if BAL loses tonight)

I personally still don't consider the Pats a Top-2 caliber seed in the AFC, but the AFC this season is just so bipolar and teams are dealing with injuries so they find themselves there. Wild!

Huge game against the Bills next Monday, that should be fun  ;D

Also Mac was fantastic today. Yes, a few mishaps but considering he's a rookie he looked great today and I think a few more performances like that could make him a real favorite for OROY.

The Pats are winning games. Yes, they've gotten lucky in that opponents have been banged up, but even so, looking earlier in the season they went toe to toe with Tampa Bay and Dallas, so, all in all, there is no question that they are a "good" team. I fully anticipate hiccups in the near future. Bills and Colts will be difficult. But, I do expect them to make the playoffs, and no question Mac Jones has been better than most (including me) anticipated.

On defense, I'd love to see the Pats come to a long term deal with JC Jackson, and I love watching Barmore.

On offense, I'm assuming that the connection between Mac and Henry, Smith, Bourne, Agholor will continue to develop, and I'm looking forward to that.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #922 on: November 28, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Man if you go back 2 months in this thread. Bill b was a bad coach who was losing his legacy, mac was being managed/developed poorly etc. what a difference a few months makes!

« Reply #923 on: November 28, 2021, 08:49:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
On another note, I do wonder if the Titans regret not going after Brady when he was a FA.

I've said for a while, but I never understood the hype with Tannehill. The guy basically is getting paid 120M to hand the ball off constantly, but whenever the Titans actually need him to make plays he rarely delivers.

Yeah, he had a nice 7-8 week stretch where he looked Mahomes-esque in 2019 with the Titans, but overall he's just meh. Not terrible, not great either. Like, even in the 2019 playoff run I'm pretty sure Tannehill in each of the Pats and Ravens games didn't throw for 100+ yards. Of course, when KC neutralized Henry and they were in obvious passing situations while trailing, Tannehill looked bad.

The Titans IMO tend to win in spite of Tannehill and he's the reason a lot of people don't believe in the Titans to go all the way despite the great coaching staff they have and even if in theory they were healthy.

With Brady though I think they'd have a real chance at winning the SB every year and they've got a great defense too.

« Reply #924 on: November 28, 2021, 09:06:19 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Man if you go back 2 months in this thread. Bill b was a bad coach who was losing his legacy, mac was being managed/developed poorly etc. what a difference a few months makes!

Overreactions are a feature, not a flaw, of this forum.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #925 on: November 28, 2021, 09:09:57 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Overreactions are a feature, not a flaw, of this forum.

Oh I get that, and I have had my share of takes that aged poorly. However, we don’t usually see people writing off 20 years of unmatched excellence because of a year and 5 games. That was a bit crazy even for this forum. The bill b takes were really outlandish. The mac Jones comments were a lot more normal.

« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2021, 02:17:33 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
On another note, I do wonder if the Titans regret not going after Brady when he was a FA.

I've said for a while, but I never understood the hype with Tannehill. The guy basically is getting paid 120M to hand the ball off constantly, but whenever the Titans actually need him to make plays he rarely delivers.

Yeah, he had a nice 7-8 week stretch where he looked Mahomes-esque in 2019 with the Titans, but overall he's just meh. Not terrible, not great either. Like, even in the 2019 playoff run I'm pretty sure Tannehill in each of the Pats and Ravens games didn't throw for 100+ yards. Of course, when KC neutralized Henry and they were in obvious passing situations while trailing, Tannehill looked bad.

The Titans IMO tend to win in spite of Tannehill and he's the reason a lot of people don't believe in the Titans to go all the way despite the great coaching staff they have and even if in theory they were healthy.

With Brady though I think they'd have a real chance at winning the SB every year and they've got a great defense too.

Brady would've had to play against the Chiefs, Ravens, and Bills in the progressing tough AFC. Not sure if he'd be up for it. But hey, he got the ring in the NFC in his first year there. Setting more records like that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2021, 02:18:24 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Eh oh el, Russell Wilson 2-pt conversion intercepted at the goal line by the Football Team...pretty sure I've seen that somewhere. Season over.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #928 on: November 30, 2021, 04:06:26 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Pete Carroll look like he be coaching in the college ranks next season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #929 on: December 02, 2021, 04:25:56 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Talk about self-inflicted stupidity.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
National Football League announced today discipline of three players for violating jointly developed and administered NFL-NFLPA COVID-19 protocols.
Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown and Mike Edwards have each been suspended without pay for the next three games.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team