Author Topic: Yam! (Merged)  (Read 35866 times)

Re: Yam! (Merged)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2021, 03:28:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Yam looks pretty good.  To be honest, not amazing or anything like that, but pretty good.  My understanding is that he was born in Dec 2000 so he is 20 years old (21 in Dec).  He signed in 2018 for 4 years with the Israeli team so this is his 3rd season on that contact.  Apparently, the team isn't ready to just let him go and he is suing to get out of it.

I guess they will work this out (some amount of money will be agreed to) and Yam can join the team as a nearly 21year old rookie.  We'll see how he does but this seems like a pretty successful "stash" of a second round pick. 

I am not sure he makes the full roster though.  We have a lot of PGs under contract.  Maybe a 2-way deal?

I think Yam can play both guard spots like Pritchard. Is Yam 6'2" or 6'3" ? I see both listed.  His arms look really long as well but I can't find a measurement.

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2021, 01:38:49 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 02:08:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-celtics-stash-yam-madar-184943860.html
He is talented. But these are highlights. I watched one full game, abd I saw make some really bone head passes for turnovers. That is fixable, but he does have warts. That. cBS needs to fix.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If he makes the squad I’m calling him “sweet potato”

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I like Yam, but I definitely hope he stays over at least one more season in Europe/Israel for ripening.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 11:17:56 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Or short for "sweet potato pie", just "sweetie pie"

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2021, 11:53:25 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

He is talented. But these are highlights. I watched one full game, abd I saw make some really bone head passes for turnovers. That is fixable, but he does have warts. That. cBS needs to fix.

Yeah he's young but has a nice shot, good vision and handle and definitely the talent to play in the NBA.  Hopefully there is a summer league and he gets to play in it.

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I can hear the announcer call when he makes his first big shot: “Yam for three! YAM I AM!”

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2021, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

Were those bone headed passes mainly due to him trying to force high leverage passes, or were they caused by poor vision? If it's the former then we have a really good prospect in our hands.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I can hear the announcer call when he makes his first big shot: “Yam for three! YAM I AM!”
I Yam what I Yam and that's all that I Yam

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2021, 05:48:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

Were those bone headed passes mainly due to him trying to force high leverage passes, or were they caused by poor vision? If it's the former then we have a really good prospect in our hands.
a combination actually. Most of them came from forcing a pass where one should not be made. but a few were simply making a bad pass.

with good coaching i think he learns to stop taking chances and forcing the issue. his ceiling is certainly higher than pritchard's. But his floor is lower as well.

p.s. his name is NOT pronounced the say way we say "yam." (as in "Sam I am.) rather, it is pronounced similar to the letter a in "yawn". ... ("Yawm")
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2021, 07:22:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

a combination actually. Most of them came from forcing a pass where one should not be made. but a few were simply making a bad pass.

with good coaching i think he learns to stop taking chances and forcing the issue. his ceiling is certainly higher than pritchard's. But his floor is lower as well.

p.s. his name is NOT pronounced the say way we say "yam." (as in "Sam I am.) rather, it is pronounced similar to the letter a in "yawn". ... ("Yawm")

It's easier to reign a guy who's over the top in than rev a guy with low energy up. Yam needs some coaching and a year or two of higher level play but he could be a player. He'd be a great defender of small quick guards off the bench.

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2021, 08:15:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
YAM!!!! Love this kid.

It's easier to reign a guy who's over the top in than rev a guy with low energy up. Yam needs some coaching and a year or two of higher level play but he could be a player. He'd be a great defender of small quick guards off the bench.
agreed. i really liked his energy on defense. and he was really a pest and played well. i am looking forward to him joining the celtics, hopefully next year.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 03:23:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith