Author Topic: 1... 2... 3... Mos def and Talib Kweli...  (Read 3207 times)

1... 2... 3... Mos def and Talib Kweli...
« on: September 08, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: 1... 2... 3... Mos def and Talib Kweli...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sadly, my attending shows/concerts are pretty much done.  having children does that, not to mention its during the week.  wish i was able to go bc i love black star!

have fun and give a recap of the show when u get the chance.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »

Offline BennyC

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I wish I was going, I actually totally dropped the ball and forgot about it until I saw this post. . .

I havent see Mos live, but have see Kweli when he was on the spitkicker tour with Hi Tek after Reflection Eternal dropped and he puts on a great show!

Let us know tomorrow how it is and what they do for material old/new, solo/Black Star etc. . .

Have fun!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
ill be there

heard theyve been mixing it up a lot

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I arrived at 9:30 right before Talib came on. He opened up to a couple of tracks off of Ear Drum (the album I'm probably least familiar with) and then hit it me with "Move Something" off of Reflection Eternal which really started the night for me. He rounded off the rest of his set with song's off his upcoming and latest album along with some improv and acapella. It was a tight set but I was a little disappointed I didn't hear more tracks off of Quality (my favorite album).

Mos def came out playing the drums. I was barely feeling the album "The New Danger" so the stuff he came out with after I didn't give more than a first time listen. I'm a fan of Mos Def the poetic rapper but not so much Mos Def the singer/musician. Last night (not to my surprise) I got Mos Def the singer/musician for the majority of the show, except when Talib joined him 1/2 way thru for a quick 5 song Black Star set...

As you can imagine it was F'ing incredible. Highlighted by Definition, Respiration and Theives In The Night it was the group and the album I've been waiting close to a decade to witness in person. I finally did last night and 6 Hours later here I am at work. Well worth it.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5aVI2zsFE

Sidenote - Boston Legend Edo G came out and did a track with Mos Def which was kind of cool.
The only color that matters is GREEN