Author Topic: Celtics sign DJ White(10 day)  (Read 14320 times)

Re: Celtics sign DJ White(10 day)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Two points.  First, do they not have fax machines in China?  What the heck is the holdup on this paperwork?  Can't they cyber steal the plans for a fax machine from some American company and get some paper work done?

Secondly, there are talented 7ft'ers out there that can contribute.  Maybe they aren't stars who can do it all but there are the Stiemsmas out there who can do one or two things well and contribute for short minutes.  I'd guess there are hundreds of guys out there who, if given the opportunity and the right circumstances, could be very good players in the NBA.

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd guess there are hundreds of guys out there who, if given the opportunity and the right circumstances, could be very good players in the NBA.
Yeah, millions. They're not in the NBA just because of the evil Illuminati conspiracy.

::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Any reports a his availability for tonights game. Can't see how if Wilcox can't win Doc's trust and get more than 15 min. a night. Can't imagine he will get more.

Also wonder if C's are looking at whether Hakim Warwick will be released. In other words waiting on DJ white until waiver Picture is clearer.

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 08:18:56 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Finally!!

"With the arrival of a clearance letter from the Chinese Basketball Association on Wednesday, the Boston Celtics will sign free agent forward D.J.

White will likely be activated for the Celtics' Friday game against Golden State."

-Yahoo! Sports
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'd guess there are hundreds of guys out there who, if given the opportunity and the right circumstances, could be very good players in the NBA.
Yeah, millions. They're not in the NBA just because of the evil Illuminati conspiracy.

Well I don't know how it went from hundreds to millions but every foreign player who is now playing in the NBA WAS playing overseas at one point.  So everyone one of those guys would be examples. 

Then there are the D-League guys like Steamer.  There must be 10 or so of them a year.  Then you'd have to think of all the former NBA guys who are overseas that things didn't work out for, for whatever reason.  I'm sure a guy like Kristic could come back and be a rotation player for someone.  Heck, Darko would be getting heavy minutes for us at this point.

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Well I don't know how it went from hundreds to millions but every foreign player who is now playing in the NBA WAS playing overseas at one point.  So everyone one of those guys would be examples. 

Then there are the D-League guys like Steamer.  There must be 10 or so of them a year.  Then you'd have to think of all the former NBA guys who are overseas that things didn't work out for, for whatever reason.  I'm sure a guy like Kristic could come back and be a rotation player for someone.  Heck, Darko would be getting heavy minutes for us at this point.
Yeah, that kind of unfounded general conjecture typically doesn't make for a very strong argument.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVxb4qw5_I

Nice personality

and that is what we need from DJ! DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i wonder if the fact that he has previous played with jeff green, crawford, and wilcox played a role in considering him... hes familiar with their play

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
another undersized player. woooooo
theyre named tweeners
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:54 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
theyre named tweeners

Wouldn't tweener be a guy who plays multiple positions? pf/sf sg/pg
Undersized is undersized

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 01:08:17 AM »

Offline dunisho

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

bruno sundov 7'3" croatian 32 years old..
he was in the nba last about 8 years ago..
improved his skills playing all over the world..
maybe the celtics can take a look..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c73sto9D95E

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:24 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
The only memory I have of DJ White playing in the NBA was when he flopped egregiously twice against the Celtics on jumpers when no Celtic even made contact with him.  He Derek Fisher'd us twice.  It left a really bad taste in my mouth about him.