Author Topic: Boston Very Interested in Gortat  (Read 40999 times)

Re: Boston Very Interested in Gortat
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Gortat is a vastly underrated player.

He's not a star, but he is, for example, better than Roy Hibbert (who is vastly overrated). At least if you look at the numbers. Gortat rebounds well, defends well, and shoots well. His only real weakness is that he isn't a good passer, but that isn't exactly something this team needs ...

« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I need someone better than Gortat to part with Bradley at this point in time.

Such as?
Someone who is an All-Star caliber player or close to it. Like Josh Smith.

Gortat is an above average starter but not a high level starter (top ten player at respective position).

1)Howard
2)Chandler
3)KG
4)Roy Hibbert
5)Demarcus Cousins
6)Brooke Lopez
7)Bynum(when Healthy)
8)Andrew Bogut(when healthy)not even sure bout that one
9)Big Al
10)Marc Gasol

Gortat would be next IMO so if we cross out Bynum and Bogut because of injuries Gortat is in the top 10.
Except you forgot Nene, Chris Bosh, Anderson Varaejo, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, ....

I'll stop there as thats clearly enough to push Gortat well outside the top ten.

Howard, Chandler, KG, M.Gasol, (and a healthy--which is rare--Bymun) are the only centers in the league that I would put clearly ahead of Marcin Gortat.

The guy has not gotten a lot of national hype, but his numbers and his game suggest that he is a top ten center.

Agreed. I saw a lot of PFs listed ahead of Gortat, not Centers. Not arguing one way or another about a trade, but Gortat is a true and solid Center.

Someone mentioned Brook Lopez ahead of a healthy Bynum, and a few other names... that stance is equivalent to drinking chloroform, in my opinion.
[no disrespect, joke just came to me and I thought it was sooo funny :)]
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like gortat but wouldnt include jeff green in any trades. he is one of the celtics few untouchables besides rondo right now

« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
If DA could make it happen without trading Bradley, Green or any of the big 3 I'd be for it.  But if not, then simply no.  Gortats not good enough to be that guy.

Completely agree. As long as we don't trade our stars or future stars I would trade for gortat. Although i would rather part with bradley than green. Green is nasty when healthy.

« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Honestly, trading Lee would make alot more sense than Bradley....this is a defensive team and I dont think you want Terry/Lee to be your guards..both have been horrid defensively.

you trade Lee, you can put Bradley back in the starting lineup with Terry on the bench

« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
afraid bradley will be a must in the deal....can see bradley and sully for gortat

« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
afraid bradley will be a must in the deal....can see bradley and sully for gortat

Salaries don't come close to matching.

« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

IMO that would be too much for Gortat..because now you are forced to start Terry(who is horrid defensively) and leave Lee(who has been horrible all around) as your guards.

it might help our rebounding, but who is going to stop dribble penetration? if Gortat/KG have to keep helping out because Rondo/terry/Lee cant stay in front of anyone the paint is going to be wide open anyway

« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

IMO that would be too much for Gortat..because now you are forced to start Terry(who is horrid defensively) and leave Lee(who has been horrible all around) as your guards.

it might help our rebounding, but who is going to stop dribble penetration? if Gortat/KG have to keep helping out because Rondo/terry/Lee cant stay in front of anyone the paint is going to be wide open anyway

Yup, some people just don't get it.

« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If there really is an offer going I'd assume Bass would have to be the biggest part with contracts

« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If DA could make it happen without trading Bradley, Green or any of the big 3 I'd be for it.  But if not, then simply no.  Gortats not good enough to be that guy.

Completely agree. As long as we don't trade our stars or future stars I would trade for gortat. Although i would rather part with bradley than green. Green is nasty when healthy.
He is healthy. 

« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Don't trade Avery please..

« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

He is healthy.

Green won't be fully recovered from his heart surgery for about another 6 months according to the latest article.

« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Still think if Boston makes a trade it will include a third team. Lee & bass are solid pieces for contending teams, if celts could get pick & expiring for one, they'd have flex to make a move.

« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Haha people are saying don't trade our future star Bradley. That's funny. I'm assuming Sully is another future star that is untouchable.

Man this just reminds me of the KG Jefferson trade. So funny