Author Topic: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for  (Read 4931 times)

Re: Rondo says the Lakers are the best organization he’s played for
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
How long has he been with the Lakers - a month?  Give it time...lol

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Still got my Rajon Rondo shirt, but the tag is still attached. Should I just burn it?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Rondo cited Boston as a highlight in his career, but about the overall Lakers organization so far: “Can’t say it’s not the best I’ve ever played for.”

... and just like that, he was dead to me.

I say we invite him to the Garden, telling him we’re retiring his jersey. Then we retire Ray’s instead.

"and just like that, he walked out of our lives"
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:20 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
Meh.  He hasn't really even played for them yet, unless you consider preseason as "playing" for a team.  Preseason, the completely insignificant and inconsequential leadup to the regular season.

We'll see how he feels at the end of the season, after he's endured months of knuckleheads crammed into one locker room while LeBron's ego overshadows the entire team, and after he's gotten knocked out of the playoffs by the Warriors.

And after he gets used to playing in front of a late-arriving, pose & posture, leave early fan base compared to what the Celtics play in front of every nite they are home at the Garden. On second thought, those fans might suit Rondo just fine.

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
See...this dude is determined to beat BOS..

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24992641/rajon-rondo-makes-championship-los-angeles-lakers-priority

"I need another ring," Rondo said after practice on Monday. "It's simple. I want to be the first to win for the two most historic franchises that's ever put a basketball to use. So, I got one in Boston and I'd love to get one with this organization."

I can't ever say he's dead to me because of all the Good Times in Green...dude was essentially Mini-KG.

But don't think for one minute if we meet in June somehow in the near future that we won't get Rondo's very best.

If Kyrie isn't ready he's going to get Rondo'd.

Good Lord - Give me LA in the Finals any time. We owe them for 2010 and to hell with Rondo. Send the attack dogs after him - Smart & Rozier with Morris waiting at the basket.

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 12:51:26 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He was dead to me the moment he agreed to terms with the Lakers.

Do not care what comes out of his mouth.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2018, 02:48:47 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
See...this dude is determined to beat BOS..

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24992641/rajon-rondo-makes-championship-los-angeles-lakers-priority

"I need another ring," Rondo said after practice on Monday. "It's simple. I want to be the first to win for the two most historic franchises that's ever put a basketball to use. So, I got one in Boston and I'd love to get one with this organization."

I can't ever say he's dead to me because of all the Good Times in Green...dude was essentially Mini-KG.

But don't think for one minute if we meet in June somehow in the near future that we won't get Rondo's very best.

If Kyrie isn't ready he's going to get Rondo'd.

Good Lord - Give me LA in the Finals any time. We owe them for 2010 and to hell with Rondo. Send the attack dogs after him - Smart & Rozier with Morris waiting at the basket.

Idk man, LeBron James seems to have our numbers every time we face him. I would hate to lose to him and the Lakers in an NBA Finals. Hope we don't get swept by him in the regular season, I'd hate that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:05 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Everyone needs to read the whole story.  The quotes are not bad. When read in full.

You expect certain teams, certain franchises [to be like this]," continued Rondo, who is playing for his sixth team in his 13th season. "Obviously, playing for Boston that was probably the best experience I've had since I've [been in the league]. And now here. Obviously, all the teams I've played for, they do have great organizations, but none touch this."

"I love our young guys, our commitment, the way they study the game, their willingness to learn. I was telling Bron the other day, we were on the plane and I've never seen [dang] near 12 guys watching film. As a team, I haven't seen that many guys combined in the last four [or] five seasons, I think.So, it was very refreshing to see. Understanding that this team is committed."

So Boston was his best experience.  And he hasn’t seen this many watching film since he was in Boston.

Sacramento, Dallas Chicago and New Orleans can feel
Burned.   But not us. 

Non-story.

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2018, 07:32:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i don't understand their team make up at all.   Bron HAS to have the ball 95%of the time to play BRON ball .  He starts and initiates everything .....he has been doing this for many many years , its his plan and formula for success. Why is he going to change ?    Lonzo and Rondo are the same players ,  can't shoot ,  and must have the ball ALOT to be effective as they can be.   Bron needs to be on the floor most of the game .   What style ball , who's the leader ,  who is coach ,  who calls the plays?    Too many quarterbacks n the field .   Too many chiefs .

Bron is going to let Ball and Rondo dominate the ball ?   We saw what he did to IT when he had to share with another ball dominating guard.   

I just don't see how all this works out during a game ....I remember the bad days of Wade and Bron , could not decide who was going to take the last shot and deferring to each other while th e game slid away .  This makeup might work against bad defenses .   But against good teams.   some of those egos are going to have to play defense.

They have at least ONE too many ego ball dominating players .

If i was Lonzo, i would ask to be traded.

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 07:36:24 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
i don't understand their team make up at all.   Bron HAS to have the ball 95%of the time to play BRON ball .  He starts and initiates everything .....he has been doing this for many many years , its his plan and formula for success. Why is he going to change ?    Lonzo and Rondo are the same players ,  can't shoot ,  and must have the ball ALOT to be effective as they can be.   Bron needs to be on the floor most of the game .   What style ball , who's the leader ,  who is coach ,  who calls the plays?    Too many quarterbacks n the field .   Too many chiefs .

Bron is going to let Ball and Rondo dominate the ball ?   We saw what he did to IT when he had to share with another ball dominating guard.   

I just don't see how all this works out during a game ....I remember the bad days of Wade and Bron , could not decide who was going to take the last shot and deferring to each other while th e game slid away .  This makeup might work against bad defenses .   But against good teams.   some of those egos are going to have to play defense.

I agree.  If I was Lonzo I’d start looking at real estate in New Orleans.

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Everyone needs to read the whole story.  The quotes are not bad. When read in full.

You expect certain teams, certain franchises [to be like this]," continued Rondo, who is playing for his sixth team in his 13th season. "Obviously, playing for Boston that was probably the best experience I've had since I've [been in the league]. And now here. Obviously, all the teams I've played for, they do have great organizations, but none touch this."

"I love our young guys, our commitment, the way they study the game, their willingness to learn. I was telling Bron the other day, we were on the plane and I've never seen [dang] near 12 guys watching film. As a team, I haven't seen that many guys combined in the last four [or] five seasons, I think.So, it was very refreshing to see. Understanding that this team is committed."

So Boston was his best experience.  And he hasn’t seen this many watching film since he was in Boston.

Sacramento, Dallas Chicago and New Orleans can feel
Burned.   But not us. 

Non-story.

Thanks for the context. That gives a different picture than the second quote by itself.

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
time to burn my Rondo jersey

i tossed mine way back , his stint at Dallas showed his true colors

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Meh
I hate the Lakers as much as anyone, but he plays for them now.  If he wasn't saying nice things about the organization and his teammates we'd be trashing him for being a selfish prick.
Yup

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Fans really overplay this ball dominance issue.  Last year, it was Rondo going to NOP was bad because it would take the ball out of Holiday's hands. Turned out it worked great.  Holiday was able to focus more on defense and he still got his touches.  They made it to the 2nd round after outplaying Lillard and McCollom in the 1st. 

IT and Wade are heavy score first players.  Rondo and Ball are heavy pass first players.  That's a huge difference.  Ball isn't really ball dominant.  He played the 2 a lot in college.  Rondo is less ball dominant than people portray him to be especially in a fast pace system.  Rondo and Ball should reduce the load on Lebron.  Imagine a Lebron with more energy to play defense and in crunch time. 

I don't see Lebron, Rondo and Ball being much of an issue.  I'd expect most of the time it will just be two of them together.  Limited shooting, poor defense, lack of bigs will be their top issues. 

Lonzo isn't going to ask to be traded from the Lakers.  Rondo is on a one year contract. 

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Sometimes a rapper will take out another rapper's ex-girlfriend or baby's mother and make a big show of 'treating her right'.

And it always seemed dumb to me. There's a reason that the woman isn't the current girlfriend or partner, and if you feel like you're better off without them, why get upset when they get some good fortune or improve their quality of life.

So why you mad? Cuz Rondo is trying to make the best of his new situation? I bet he's pretty tired of having to prove himself every single season again and again because nobody believes he's top-tier talent. I bet he'd really like to spend a few years in one place on a lucrative deal that matches up with his own expectations. And none of those things will happen with the Celtics.

We gonna get mad when Isaiah Thomas says, "Joker is the best big man I've ever played with, and this crowd is the best home crowd I've ever seen. They're just different here!"

Do you also get mad after you go to a concert and see the same guy on youtube saying, "I've been lots of places but Austin Texas is the best crowd I've ever seen!" even though when you went to the concert he said YOUR town was the best crowd he'd ever seen?

Seems dumb.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner