Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 472063 times)

tazzmaniac and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #5115 on: April 17, 2024, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2969
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow! 14 point Miami lead. Sixers look garbage
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5116 on: April 17, 2024, 08:19:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Bruh we really are gonna draw Philly after all aren't we...  :(

At this point, it seems lucky for us because they look like trash.

Idk... they have Nick Nurse who is an upgrade over Doc, an improved Maxey and a much better roster/bench than previous years. But yeah so far today they look mediocre, and are absolutely spooked by the zone defense.

The way I see it - and I've said prefer I want Miami because I want to send them home - Philly looks underwhelming. Joel is janky (what else is new?), Maxey looks shocked, and the rest of the team can't live up to the hype in front of their home crowd.

Are we supposed to fear this?

They can't win 4 out of 7 against us.

Is Philly better then they were last year? If anything they are about the same minus a guy that can get hot for 40 in Harden. If we can't trust this C's team at this point then it's pointless to expect anything out of them again. No the C's aren't going to walk through the East but they have no business going 7 against any of the teams IMO.

Slightly fair point. I think their overall roster is better than last year including bench BUT say what you want, Harden is still a superstar player and he did win two games for the Sixers in that series against us with 40+ point performances. Idk if Maxey is capable of that just yet.

Our 3 guards + Jaylen should also hound their guards all series

« Reply #5117 on: April 17, 2024, 08:20:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2943
Philly is perfectly set up to have a great chance to get to the ECF for the first time in a very long time, yet they don't show up  to the play-in game and look completely overwhelmed against Miami. Shouldn't have expected any different from this team.

« Reply #5118 on: April 17, 2024, 08:20:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Idk... they have Nick Nurse who is an upgrade over Doc, an improved Maxey and a much better roster/bench than previous years. But yeah so far today they look mediocre, and are absolutely spooked by the zone defense.

The way I see it - and I've said prefer I want Miami because I want to send them home - Philly looks underwhelming. Joel is janky (what else is new?), Maxey looks shocked, and the rest of the team can't live up to the hype in front of their home crowd.

Is Philly better then they were last year? If anything they are about the same minus a guy that can get hot for 40 in Harden. If we can't trust this C's team at this point then it's pointless to expect anything out of them again. No the C's aren't going to walk through the East but they have no business going 7 against any of the teams IMO.

I 100% agree with you. I think they C's are by far the best team in the East. I wanted to the Heat matchup because I hate their fanbase, but I'm fully prepared to go up against Philly with the same confidence. But then again, I always believe in this team. I'm not looking to duck for cover the minute they lose a game.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5119 on: April 17, 2024, 08:21:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't see Miami blowing this tbh. They haven't even looked great either and are up 12.

Guess it's Sixers for us and rooting hard for Bulls/Hawks for a miracle Friday night

« Reply #5120 on: April 17, 2024, 08:22:23 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177
Why is no one giving the heat credit? Yeah the 76ers do look like hot garbage but the heat also clearly flipped a playoff switch and are playing like they were at points last postseason. I want nothing to do with them.

« Reply #5121 on: April 17, 2024, 08:23:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2413
Why the heck is Lowry playing 20 first half minutes?

Where is Melton?

« Reply #5122 on: April 17, 2024, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sixers look extremely slow

« Reply #5123 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Why is no one giving the heat credit? Yeah the 76ers do look like hot garbage but the heat also clearly flipped a playoff switch and are playing like they were at points last postseason. I want nothing to do with them.

Because they are playing like trash too. Instead of holding them up on a pedestal, you can take a step back and realize they're shooting 43% from the field and 30% from 3 in that first half.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5124 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:16 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 876
  • GOT IT!!!

I 100% agree with you. I think they C's are by far the best team in the East. I wanted to the Heat matchup because I hate their fanbase, but I'm fully prepared to go up against Philly with the same confidence. But then again, I always believe in this team. I'm not looking to duck for cover the minute they lose a game.

I want them as well. This is the least surprising thing ever though.

The C's haven't overlooked anyone this year. I expect them to take care of business throughout the playoffs.

« Reply #5125 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Sixers are going to come out and get close to if not actually double their 1st half score in the 3rd quarter.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5126 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2709
A Heat-Knicks series could be a classic throwback 90's Heat-Knicks rivalry type of series.

« Reply #5127 on: April 17, 2024, 08:26:30 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177
Why the heck is Lowry playing 20 first half minutes?

Where is Melton?

Maybe for the “revenge” factor or being familiar with the heat? Bad results though, Lowry just isn’t that guy any more

« Reply #5128 on: April 17, 2024, 08:26:42 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2413

Because they are playing like trash too. Instead of holding them up on a pedestal, you can take a step back and realize they're shooting 43% from the field and 30% from 3 in that first half.

Their defense has been very impressive though. Same level it was last post-season and prior to the Rozier trade.

« Reply #5129 on: April 17, 2024, 08:27:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • MASTER OF PANIC
 If Boston gets the Heat they better be ready for every junk zone on the planet