Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 58334 times)

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2023, 03:39:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I see people online say we have to give up someone else like Gallo or Pritchard to make this work. That right?

I was hoping Gallo and PP would be back.

Yes, one of them would need to be included for salary.

Brogdon + Muscala + Pritchard works, but with it being a 3-team trade there might be a different structure of players/picks

If Brogdon is in the deal I'd think its FAR more likely Galo is the one going out than pritchard. Pritchard would be in line for some of Malcolm's minutes and Galo is redundant with KP on the roster.

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2023, 03:40:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Lukewarm(ish) but more happy than unhappy.

He should be available at a cheap price which is good. I am concerned about his capacity to stay healthy + very concerned about whether we should give him a long term contract or not given his injury history + how much he actually helps. He is good but how good? His impact tends to be less than his raw production states and he has had problems integrating in places in the past. How well will he fit in?

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2023, 03:41:00 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I see people online say we have to give up someone else like Gallo or Pritchard to make this work. That right?

Yes, one of them would need to be included for salary.

Brogdon + Muscala + Pritchard works, but with it being a 3-team trade there might be a different structure of players/picks

If Brogdon is in the deal I'd think its FAR more likely Galo is the one going out than pritchard. Pritchard would be in line for some of Malcolm's minutes and Galo is redundant with KP on the roster.

Muscala and Kornet work as an alternative to Gallo, for those who dream of keeping Gallinari around (and I count myself among them).

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2023, 03:41:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Jared Weiss of the Athletic quotes a source with direct knowledge of the talks that this has a "high possibility" of happening.

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1671601856169009156?s=20

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2023, 03:41:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lot of others besides Shams, like Manning, Weiss and Siegel are saying this is definitely going to happen today/tonight (KP to Boston)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2023, 03:42:19 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I suppose you could do a Grant sign and trade instead. Not sure if the Wizards have interest and also not sure the Cs bring back Grant if we are turning a $22M/yr player into a $36/yr player. That $14M difference is like the exact amount we expect Grant to get.

No way.  This deal has to be agreed to today.  Grant can't negotiate with teams for 10 more days.  It would get quashed by the NBA -- see the Bogdanovic deal with Milwaukee a few years ago.

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2023, 03:45:58 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Its worth noting that there probably doesn't need to be much draft compensation for Washington to do this deal. If the choice is "KP opts in, and we trade him for a second" or "KP opts out and we lose him for nothing because he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild" then it makes sense for Washington to just take whatever they can get and move on, even if its a small asset.

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2023, 03:47:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
So we keep Pritchard now if we get porzingas right?

I mean our guards would go from a strength to a weakness if you have him too.

Also he only wanted to be traded for opportunity. Now he has that.

Smart
White
PP

The glut are guard has to be thinner

Brown will start at guard if we get Porzingis. Our backcourt depth is fine. Brogdon was a luxury.

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2023, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I'll say this, I'd MUCH rather have Porzingis than Ayton. Ayton is a loser who hasn't improved much and has a bad attitude. There's a reason a lot of his teammates/coaches don't like him either, and why the Suns constantly try to trade him away.

Porzingis feels like a better fit, adds scoring to the frontcourt and gives Horford/Timelord additional insurance. Yes there's injury risk but tbh even with Brogdon there was as well, and Brogdon is already 31 years old.

Porzingis also would help against Miami's zone since he has a post-game unlike Timelord and even Horford at his age now.

Great point. I tried giving you another TP but couldn't since I gave you one for predicting this trade above!!

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2023, 03:48:50 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Big men wins championships like this past season.

Bring in KP!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2023, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll say this, I'd MUCH rather have Porzingis than Ayton. Ayton is a loser who hasn't improved much and has a bad attitude. There's a reason a lot of his teammates/coaches don't like him either, and why the Suns constantly try to trade him away.

Porzingis feels like a better fit, adds scoring to the frontcourt and gives Horford/Timelord additional insurance. Yes there's injury risk but tbh even with Brogdon there was as well, and Brogdon is already 31 years old.

Porzingis also would help against Miami's zone since he has a post-game unlike Timelord and even Horford at his age now.

Great point. I tried giving you another TP but couldn't since I gave you one for predicting this trade above!!

Thank you, here's a TP for you!  :)

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2023, 03:51:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love his skill set, but that injury history is horrific, and he's got some major character concerns.

I'd make the trade, but I'm skeptical that it works out if this is completed. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2023, 03:51:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Can we make Smart a part of that trade instead of Brogdon…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2023, 03:52:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Trading away Gallinari would be a bad look. Guy signed here for the MLE, unfortunately suffered the ACL but then the team just dumps him a year later? How does the optics of that look. Plus I do think Gallinari can actually help this team even as a 7th or 8th man and as a PF. Especially if G-Will is gone.

I'd say he's a much better version of Muscala. Give away Muscala and another player (Kornet) to make it work along with Brogdon.

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hearing that Danilo Gallinari is being included in the developing three-team trade talks between Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, with Gallinari on track to head to the Wizards.