Author Topic: What's Happened Has Happened, But Now Lets Keep Things Drama-Free Going Forward  (Read 725 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I agree with Ainge that frankly, a lot of the recent events have been overblown and some people are getting way too sensitive about them. Are some of these incidents concerning? Yep. But come on, they aren't as overblown as they're made out to be.

With that said though, if we want to improve as a team and try to reach our goals, I think from here on out the team needs to keep things away from the media and try to avoid obvious drama. Some of the blame recently could go to Kyrie, some to Jaylen, some to even Brad Stevens, etc. in terms of incidents occuring on the court, incidents/arguments being spread and Kyrie calling out the young guys and calling Lebron recently (and admitting it publicly)

But like I said, what's happened has happened. There's nothing that can be changed EXCEPT our play on the court and our mindset of chasing Banner 18.

If you want to continue making a big deal about these incidents and making the case that this team is bad, overrated and/or unlikable, then you can go right ahead. But if you want to hope for the best of this team and cheer for them to make a big, successful run from now until hopefully June, then we need to move on and hope for the best (stay optimistic and keep the faith).

That was a massive win over Toronto on Wednesday and I'm hoping that was a game that can help flip the script on our season. Kyrie put forth another statement performance and I'm hoping whatever was bothering him is now gone. Hayward has looked a lot better in the past month (compared to his first two) and it seems when at least 2 of Hayward/Jaylen/Rozier are balling, then this team is truly hard to beat (and when all 3, then good luck to the other team lol).

Consistency is still something we lack this season and we're probably going to have to go on some nice winning streaks soon to move up in the East standings. 7 of our next 8 games are against mediocre/average teams, with the other one being a home game vs. Golden State. This is going to be a crucial stretch IMHO, and possibly a defining one. It starts tonight against Memphis. Hopefully the Celtics players are keeping a fresh mind and have moved on from recent ugliness (that 3-game losing streak away). That's also all we can really hope for at the moment.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Yeah I don't like our record right now and I am having trouble with the fact this team simply does not bring it every night We need to go out there the 2nd half of the Memphis game and take care of business.

No more lackadaisical basketball.

Ron
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I agree with Ainge that frankly, a lot of the recent events have been overblown and some people are getting way too sensitive about them. Are some of these incidents concerning? Yep. But come on, they aren't as overblown as they're made out to be.

With that said though, if we want to improve as a team and try to reach our goals, I think from here on out the team needs to keep things away from the media and try to avoid obvious drama. Some of the blame recently could go to Kyrie, some to Jaylen, some to even Brad Stevens, etc. in terms of incidents occuring on the court, incidents/arguments being spread and Kyrie calling out the young guys and calling Lebron recently (and admitting it publicly)

But like I said, what's happened has happened. There's nothing that can be changed EXCEPT our play on the court and our mindset of chasing Banner 18.

If you want to continue making a big deal about these incidents and making the case that this team is bad, overrated and/or unlikable, then you can go right ahead. But if you want to hope for the best of this team and cheer for them to make a big, successful run from now until hopefully June, then we need to move on and hope for the best (stay optimistic and keep the faith).

That was a massive win over Toronto on Wednesday and I'm hoping that was a game that can help flip the script on our season. Kyrie put forth another statement performance and I'm hoping whatever was bothering him is now gone. Hayward has looked a lot better in the past month (compared to his first two) and it seems when at least 2 of Hayward/Jaylen/Rozier are balling, then this team is truly hard to beat (and when all 3, then good luck to the other team lol).

Consistency is still something we lack this season and we're probably going to have to go on some nice winning streaks soon to move up in the East standings. 7 of our next 8 games are against mediocre/average teams, with the other one being a home game vs. Golden State. This is going to be a crucial stretch IMHO, and possibly a defining one. It starts tonight against Memphis. Hopefully the Celtics players are keeping a fresh mind and have moved on from recent ugliness (that 3-game losing streak away). That's also all we can really hope for at the moment.

TP for this post!  Some quick thoughts:

1. Chemistry issues wont be a problem when the playoffs arrive.  Irving has made some mistakes but his intentions are in the right place.  I believe Jaylen and Tatum are smart enough to roll their eyes and move on.  If anything, they should find his comments to be comical at this point.  At the end of the day Kyrie will make the right decisions on the court.

2. Seeding is the only thing that will hold the Celtics back from the Finals.  It will suck if they lose a game 7 in Toronto, but I believe we will walk away from the playoffs feeling like the team turned a corner.

3. Playoff Horford changes the entire dynamic of the team.  Not much else to say about Al.

4. Hopefully Marcus Smart can bring his shooting stroke into the playoffs.

5. I am tempering my expectations for Marcus Morris in the playoffs.  There's no way he maintains his current splits in the playoffs (expecting closer to 45/35/80).  The good news is that Tatum and Jaylen will more than make up for this.

6. I'm not expecting Hayward to find consistency with his scoring until next year, but he will impact a couple of games in each playoff series