Author Topic: Will KG Get Better?  (Read 3550 times)

Re: Will KG Get Better?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
As someone who has had arthroscopic knee surgery 2 and a half weeks ago i think he's actually looking better than you can probably ask for. He hasn't really been playing full court for a very long time, plus he's stlll building up muscle in that leg and being away from basketball so long won't go unnoticed and these couple of weeks aren't enough to get you back to where you were...
Part of it is mental too, cause after an injury like that you only slowly find out what you're really able to do. Some plays he looks awkward sure, but for the most part he's looking great.

I think he'll improve and get more and more comfortable.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If you are waiting for KG's statistics to go up, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a while.

He's not going to average 18 and 9 or anywhere close to there this season.

If KG can get 15/8....I'll be happy.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If you are waiting for KG's statistics to go up, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a while.

I think we're definitely looking for quality over quantity from KG this year.  Those spurts of dominance that can ice a team.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

I think we're definitely looking for quality over quantity from KG this year.  Those spurts of dominance that can ice a team.

Yeah and his defensive impact is much more needed than his offense, the team has already a lot of scorers. KG is one of them but his lone presence makes the team much more dangerous on offense, even if he does not score 20 points a game... and he makes the team really great on defense.

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ya, 15/8 with his intense defense is all we really need.

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Good info from Drucci and LB3533..TPs.

Just having KG on the floor raises our entire team's Defensive focus to another level.

I like to call this "The Garnett Effect." I remember someone posting something similar to this last year, so please forgive me for not quoting that person.

I have seen opposing teams do weird things around KG (turn ball over, miss shots, silly fouls, etc). He is more valuable than say Dwight Howard in that sense. Dwight relies on his athleticism, which is off the charts, but his presence is not quite the same as KG's, yet.

15 pts, 8 rbs and a block and a half and a steal can go a long way.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
He gets better every game, and will continue to do so. As I have saiud before, this is the type of injury/surgery that responds best to strenuous activity instead of lengthy rest. He's fine and improving daily.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *