Author Topic: Ohio State finally shows up  (Read 5743 times)

Re: Ohio State finally shows up
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
14-7  Ayyyyy JAWJAH!

21 to 7!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:21:30 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 05:48:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Thanks Oklahoma for knocking the overrated Ohio State Yuckeyes out of the playoffs!!

Good win for OK.  This is still going to be messy.  Bama will probably win this game but I cant see punishing Georgia for being in the SEC... they look like the 2nd best team again.

Hard to put Georgia in with two losses though? (If they blow this)

Alabama and Notre dame seem like locks.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 06:09:09 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Thanks Oklahoma for knocking the overrated Ohio State Yuckeyes out of the playoffs!!

Good win for OK.  This is still going to be messy.  Bama will probably win this game but I cant see punishing Georgia for being in the SEC... they look like the 2nd best team again.

Georgia needs to win to make it in. 

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
We might be headed towards quite some controversy here if this keeps up....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Why? They have 1 loss to LSU that was much closer than the score suggests, have smoked everyone else, and are playing the clear #1 better than any one reasonably could. Even if they lose this game in a close one, youd be punishing them for being in the SEC and wouldnt have the top 4 in the CFP
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 07:48:44 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Georgia snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

They’re a top 4 team but I’m doubtful the committee goes down that road.  ALA, CLEM, ND, OKLA.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

They’re a top 4 team but I’m doubtful the committee goes down that road.  ALA, CLEM, ND, OKLA.

That fake punt on 4th and 11 was idiotic.  Reminiscent of the Colts fake punt.

Yep, those are clearly the four teams.

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Sorry Moranis, unless Clemson gets upset tonight, it looks like OSU doesn't make it.

Yeah I know, like what the hell was that? It didn't even look like they had a plan on that fake punt, the guy just caught it then was like, "umm, where do I go" and of course gets stuffed. No attempt at a pass, felt like no one was doing something downfield, etc.

And overall, what's with Georgia sports teams (college + professional) choking all the big games  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Why? They have 1 loss to LSU that was much closer than the score suggests, have smoked everyone else, and are playing the clear #1 better than any one reasonably could. Even if they lose this game in a close one, youd be punishing them for being in the SEC and wouldnt have the top 4 in the CFP
Whew!!! That was too close for comfort.  Redemption for Jalen.   Roll Tide!!!

I think Georgia is a top 4 team.  They were certainly the better team for much of this game.  However 2 losses versus 1 loss has to matter when you're dealing with top P5 teams.  The committee can also point to Oklahoma playing Georgia so close last year. 

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Georgia is a top 4 team.  They were certainly the better team for much of this game.  However 2 losses versus 1 loss has to matter when you're dealing with top P5 teams.  The committee can also point to Oklahoma playing Georgia so close last year.

Personally I still think UGA > OSU and OU, but I agree. Also as a side note, even if they kept UGA in, they would play Alabama for a 3rd time this calendar year  :P

Ultimately I think it doesn't matter and we're seeing Clemson vs. Alabama again in the title game.

Notre Dame is vastly overrated IMO and I think Clemson wins tonight, then makes easy work of ND.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:11:33 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
They really should go to an 8 team playoff.

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Sorry Moranis, unless Clemson gets upset tonight, it looks like OSU doesn't make it.

Yeah I know, like what the hell was that? It didn't even look like they had a plan on that fake punt, the guy just caught it then was like, "umm, where do I go" and of course gets stuffed. No attempt at a pass, felt like no one was doing something downfield, etc.

And overall, what's with Georgia sports teams (college + professional) choking all the big games  :P
If it was 4th and 3, I could understand it but 4th and 11???  Bama coaches didn't call a good game either. 

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 08:07:48 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Personally I still think UGA > OSU and OU, but I agree. Also as a side note, even if they kept UGA in, they would play Alabama for a 3rd time this season  :P

Ultimately I think it doesn't matter and we're seeing Clemson vs. Alabama again in the title game.

Notre Dame is vastly overrated IMO and I think Clemson wins tonight, then makes easy work of ND.
I assume you meant this year not this season as this is the 1st time they've played this season. 

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
They really should go to an 8 team playoff.

100% agree. I've been saying this for a long time. Have like 5-6 spots designated for the Power 5 conferences, and then 2-3 spots for the other "Group of 5" conferences. I know UCF hasn't really played tough teams lately but this format would honestly be the only chance they have of making a playoff and/or facing these bigger and tougher schools.

If it was 4th and 3, I could understand it but 4th and 11???  Bama coaches didn't call a good game either. 

Ultimately that chip shot FG MISS hurt UGA. If they make that, it's a 3 possession game and momentum all with Georgia. That said, Georgia's offense overall seemed extremely lethargic in the 4th quarter. Fromm looked mediocre in the final 10-12 minutes.

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Personally I still think UGA > OSU and OU, but I agree. Also as a side note, even if they kept UGA in, they would play Alabama for a 3rd time this season year  :P

I assume you meant this year not this season as this is the 1st time they've played this season.

Wow I'm an idiot. Yeah I meant calender year, not sure why I put season  :P